Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10 Factory Team GT???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

AW

What do you think the future of gas truck is? I here a lot of people say its a dying breed, I hope not, around here it is picking up some, what about Cali?

THanks
Dave Mac
Old 11-03-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

I think a new Associated gas truck will help revive the class a bit.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
I think a new Associated gas truck will help revive the class a bit.

I'd absolutely Love to buy an AD2 XXXNT, but if I get hired at Hobby people, I might as well run my Nitro Rustler until a new GT comes out...
Old 11-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

i certainly hope so aaron! im going to make gas truck my donkey, so save me a spot on the pedestal in the spring

for those interested, a quick review on the crescenzi GT B4 widening kit...

basically it does two things, makes the rear track 1/8th inch wider, and adds losi style axle washers. the extra width wasnt really enough to make a difference, but when entering grippy high speed corners i noticed the truck cornered a little bit flatter, which made the sliding feel a bit more controlable. it also made the washboard sections seem a tad less tame, and kept the truck a bit straighter. nothing gigantic though.

the longer B4 CVD axles make room for losi style axle washers that dave, of course, includes. it takes the pressure from the wheel and focuses it on the inner racer of the outside bearing, preventing them from binding. no more screwing around getting the nights tight-but-not-too-tight, just snug em down a little bit and go, with no worries about binding.

all in all, VERY TRICK, and for 20 bucks you really cant go wrong!
Old 11-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey Btl, you runnning the front widening too? If not you should definately get it. I love the widened setup, just way more stability through the rough stuff.

With both ends widened just hit washboard sections all out, and you'll skim right thru them.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

not yet, but when funds become available i will. i just paid a ton to have my LHS guy do a body for me (i know i know, but id rather support the shop) and i just set aside from cash to get myself an RC12L3 or L4 (whenever i get the green light from the carpet guys in the 12th scale forum get back to me lol) so its on the back burner until spring. but yeah im definitely getting daves front kit too!
Old 11-06-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

I'd love to get a 1/12 scale and race some carpet. I was going to run a borrowed 1/10 pan car for oval. Went to the track a couple times with it and my buds. But I just don't have the money to put it together like I want to, so I'm bowing out of that and just going to go pit for them. Thinking a 1/12 next year maybe.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

well, i figure i cant do TOO much with nitro OR offroad all winter, so it will give me a hole to throw my money in lol and this way when spring comes around i already have a charger, some cells, and an extra receiver for a T4 or somthin
Old 11-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah that was what I was thinking also. But then sat down figured out the real money situation, unexpected things coming up, and Christmas on the way, I will just nickel and dime the charger and batts and stuff over the winter. Pick up a little here and a little there. I'll be racing a B4 along with my GT next summer. Probably a few times indoor this winter also.

You should have a ball doing the carpet stuff. The couple times I did oval, it was a blast. It's actually very competitive, way more than I'd have thought. 1/12 scale onroad coarse looks very fast and fun too. I'd probably like that more than oval.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hey Guys...

hey

I just got a new FT GT.. I was wondering if there are any aftermarket must haves for this truck.. I'm going to be running at a indoor offroad track in Pa. Any info would be great.....

Also is there anything I should know about before building it..

THanks
John
Old 11-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

I would say the only things to get would be an RPM reciever box, an ofna throttle linkage, and aluminum brake nut. The truck is tough as nails right out of the box. Probably came with the front fill fuel tank right? If not I'd get one.

Other than that there are no real must have hop ups for the GT. After you drive it for awhile I'd try out the widened setup with T4 parts. Pretty cheap and makes the truck more stable. You can get them here: Widening Mods That's just the front mod, the rear is listed at the side as B4 axel conversion or something. It's really all pretty cheap for the better handling it gives.

What motor are you running? Oh yeah, if you think it pushes to much you can put on some 0 degree rear hub carriers to reduce rear toe in.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

You will want to pick up a 4-40 tap to pre thread some of the holes that the aluminum screws go into, but other then that the FT GT is a very soild truck with no real 'Must Haves'. Have fun building!!!

jake
Old 11-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

ok ive decided the B4 rear widening kit is a must have, but then again i havnt tried the front kit yet lol

id say grab yourself a hump receiver pack and feel it out. the GT is a GREAT truck. i did benefit from RPM front and rear A arms, but thats only like 25 bucks.

the Gt is a real solid truck, and the FTGT more so. you will have a hard time finding anything that needs upgrading
Old 11-07-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

If your racing, stay away from rpm arms, they flex way to much. Great for bashing though.

Try either the four shoe clutch or mip clutch, Both are much better then the two shoe stck.

Old 11-07-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

the rpm arms do? i love my set! the captured shock mounts and light weight are great for racing. i havnt noticed any flexing... where would i be looking?

yeah mip clutch is a must have..

oh oh and i almost forgot about the 2 most important parts. first, take the screws out of the front tube mounts, (the 4 small ones in the bottom of the chassis) and put CA on them, then put em back in. they tend to work loose alot.

and probably the single best hopup ever....

drumroll please.....

...well ok. the tranny brace, of which there are many, is vital. crescenzi has one, mine is a trinity, i think one or two more are floating around out there. it basically prevents alot of movement in the rear bulkhead, tranny, and of course, the chassis. the chassis tends to flex right behind the motor mount, which is a great way to strip out spur gears. so slapping an aluminum brace across the top of the tranny is definitely the way to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.