kyosho electric offroad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Addict

I did the same as DJG24, but I used 40 up front and 35 in the rear. Thicker oil is not completely necessary with the stock setup, but it does help smooth out the landings better off jumps. The buggy tends to stick landings more with the stock silver springs and using thicker oil that using the stock 350cp oil (30wt).
I also like it how Kyosho packed in optional shock pistons as well with the kit. Have any of you tried using different pistons yet in the shocks? Also, for those of you that don't want to buy the expensive Kyosho springs, I noticed one of my friends last weekend using Losi springs on his buggy. Looked like a direct fit with no mods. I run Losi buggies and trucks so I'll check them tonight when I get home to make sure they fit with no mods. Losi springs are nice and cheap at only 2.50$ a set.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

What's the story with Kyosho using Phillips head screws throughout, on a $300 car ???? Please someone tell me I'm wrong on either count - the screws or the price ...

Otherwise a screw kit is a hop up you need before you even build the damn thing, which is not a great start in my book.

I'll still probably get one though :-)

MIKE
Old 11-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, the screws that come with the car are phillips.... but you can get by. I personally changed them out for the titanium set. Putting it together wasn't much of a problem, but performing maintenance was. The more and more I wrenched on the car, the more those screws became stripped.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I am glad that everyone is really getting their 4wh cars dialed in. As per the screw issue I will bring that up when I visit them in Japan.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Mark, I get faster with this car every time I drive it! I find more ZX-5s every time I show up to my local track, then more get involved when they see the current crop of ZX-5s go around the track! Probably the most common thing I hear from anyone watching the races is how well the car handles the bumps and its excellent jumping ability. I can't wait to see if Kyosho is working on any more hop up parts for the car. I'm definitely looking forward to them doing some more improving work and of course I hope some aftermarket companies start to kick in as well. Oh, BTW, when are you going to post your own personal set up sheeets? I'm doing pretty well right now tinkering with the setup, but its always nice when the factory pros hand out that nice base setup on the internet.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Rookie

We had a bad hurricane in south FL so I have been without power and such for a while. I will post some more pictures of my car and of what broke. Sometime tonight or tommorow I will rebuild my broken parts and throw in the 10 turn motor I got for it.

There is no doubt this thing is sweet, but there are some things which could be improved for such a pricey car. Some of the weak points I see could easily be fixed with aluminum parts.

One thing for sure this is a racer's car and not a beater. In short order its easy to out handle most larger cars and trucks with this car. I plan on racing it soon as a distraction from my airplane flying.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Initiate

I will post my settup when I get back from the Kyosho Masters 1/8 race in Japan. Please let me know what you guys would like to see as far as accessories for the car.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would like to see an aluminum front arm mount (of course), and maybe some .5 or 1 degree rear hubs.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mark,
what are the dates for the Kyosho Masters race? I'm in Misawa Japan and I was thinking about going to see one of the bigger races here in Japan. BTW I was looking to buy the new Yokomo when it's released but I'm getting moroe and more interested in the ZX-5 and I feel like I'll probibly be buying the Kyosho soon. I'm just waiting to see what kind of option parts come available.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Now that's what I call response, well done and thanks Mark.

Originally Posted by Mark P
As per the screw issue I will bring that up when I visit them in Japan.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

I will look into the alum parts and optional toe in for the car.

I am not sure where the Kyosho Masters race is but I am sure if you contact Kyosho Japan they could tell you. Cavalerri, Tebo and myself are going.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Just want to post a quick note that we received another shipment of parts from Kyosho America, and also our titanium screw kits are back in stock.

Kyosho spare and hop-up parts

Speed Tech R/C Titanium Screw kit

Also, in case some of you didn't know, we are doing Free Ground shipping for all orders up until 12 midnight tonight (few more hours left) or we will take $7.99 off any faster shipping methods or international EMS shipping rate.

Steve Wang
Old 11-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mark P
I will look into the alum parts and optional toe in for the car.

Thanks Mark that will be real cool. And god luck at the Masters.

One last thing, do you have a setup that you used at the Nationals at RC Madness in Enfield Ct. It's my home track so it should be a pretty good starting point.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Rookie

I think if Kyosho doesnt release certain parts in aluminum I will just retro fit the BJ4 front end onto my buggy. Anyone do a brushless setup yet?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

It sucks...the kits havent made it to Washington yet...

we got parts in already but no kits....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.