Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CVEC is under new ownership, here is CVEC's R40

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You got it. All our other cars where owned by someone else, like Joe Aluise Jr. in A/SA and SS/AA

Also Pro Mods in IHRA with The Power Shop...
Old 07-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jea3
You got it. All our other cars where owned by someone else, like Joe Aluise Jr. in A/SA and SS/AA

Also Pro Mods in IHRA with The Power Shop...
very cool........hey joe...mail me some CVEC stickers..
Old 07-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharry
hey Joe.....I cannot believe that you guys were sponsoring pro stock bikes.....

I got the name Fastharry cause of my work with kawasaki street bikes in the 70's.......I sold kawasaki motorcyle's......the #1 salesman on the on the east coast...76 and 77........the first one in NJ to run a American Turbo Pak Kawasaki 900 on the street....My kaw,at ATCO dragway in south jersey, was running 10.80's at 145 on a street tire..I had a legal PRO stock frame on the bike...........I was a charter member of DRAGBIKE!.......the guys that I hung out with raced street bikes....and we had the fastest bikes in 2 states...........and raced an A gas turbo kaw(lawdown bike)..........we also built motors for a few pro stock teams...

BTW,I still have that bike......I sold the turbo kit in 78....and converted the bike to a RC engineering(remember Russ Collins?).......1255 cc,Murray engineering Pro pipe.....airshifter........D and K swingarm..4 inches over stock....
Wow. Thats quite a history, no wonder you have great knowledge. Also damn you know russ? Small world, I have an RC engineering throttle body in my car. I also sold a few to some friends and clients that I did some special modifications to.

There work is amazing. Truly a great company to have around and for anyone looking for fuel injectors or throttle bodies and gosh Im sure tons of other stuff there work is great. Im looking to send my fuel injectors off to them soon.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default thanks john

Originally Posted by ragin'revo
I just got the torque pipe for the revo. The difference is night and day. The truck just keeps pulling. It seems to pull as hard in second as it used to in first. It runs rich with the cvec pipe and i haven't touched the carb yet. Wait till i tune it. The low end is amazing and surprisingly it has a lot more top end as well. But its really impressive in the low to midrange area. I would also like to put in a good word for pnp hobbies. They just opened but they've got the right formula Good parts, good people, and good prices. They carry plenty of replacement and aftermarket parts and new stuff seems to show up every day. anybody in the palm bay area needs to check 'em out.
as 4 the rest of u rd is still a killer pipe !
im currently running both pipes and sell both
cvec and rd logics pound 4 pound they are
very close in quility n performance
but i have not lost a cvec stinger yet
Old 07-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Joe
I didn't think I did any bashing at all just made a comment to harry. I believe I wished you all the best and still do
Peace bro. Like Pon Paris said room for everybody.

Ps seems all of us that dabble in high perf parts have been involved in real high level 1:1 stuff.
My most recent was Saturn of San Diegos Saturn Ion Pro Fwd Car. I consulted the powertrain chassis layout on that car heavily in the very very beginning. It promptly layed down a new national MPH/ET record with Lisa Kubo behind the wheel to the suprise of the factory Pontiac/Chevy team at work.

Once again all the best.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

One of my souvenir's of one of our trips across the US in '78....

Saw russ collins on the THE SORCERER go sideways into the right lane and almost hit his employee terry vance on the atichison,topeka and santa fe triple engine honda........

Old 07-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Maybe I just miss intrepid you Motorman. Anyway, it is funny how allot of us have been in the 1:1 high performance cars...

Well, I just got the Spektrum from my new M11 today, thanks to PNP Hobbies... Getting ready for my first real ROAR event. Going to test our new power pipe at Stricklands RC Park next weekend, then at Superior Hobbies the following weekend. So far, it is outstanding.

The big race at Full Throttle in the fall is an outlaw class race. What is a good .12 outlaw engine to get these days?
Old 07-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Wow. Thats quite a history, no wonder you have great knowledge. Also damn you know russ? Small world, I have an RC engineering throttle body in my car. I also sold a few to some friends and clients that I did some special modifications to.

There work is amazing. Truly a great company to have around and for anyone looking for fuel injectors or throttle bodies and gosh Im sure tons of other stuff there work is great. I'm looking to send my fuel injectors off to them soon.

nah....trust me,I don't have great knowledge...my forte has always been common sense,the ability to build things really sweet(you should have seen my V-8 vega kammback wagon).....and really decent hand eye coordination(at least when I was younger)......but I'll tell you what,for a guy 51 years old,I can still smoke guys half my age racing RC cars.......I've finally figured out that consistency wins the ball game every time...
Old 07-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Well, this new Power pipe brings the power on too quick to test on the Jato. It just smokes the tires off it, off the line, through-out the mid-range. We are now making a prototype to run on the touring car. Hope to test this out before the race at Superior race, in two weeks...
Old 07-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey I'm going to hawaii next week. Do you need anyone to promote some CVEC pipes? I mean all I need is one. You know to get the new pipes out there.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

taking your cars with you?.....
Old 07-22-2005, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea. Ill be there for 3 weeks on Ohau. Hope to get a race in.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

this would be the place to go for a victory dinner....

http://www.hyssteakhousehawaii.com/

I was there 15 years ago..and still remember it as one of the best places I've ever eaten......

try the cheese bread.....

safe trip....
Old 07-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, Gotta go check that one out.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

there'a a couple of RC tech guys in HI....you ought to hook up with them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.