Wiki Posts
Search

2016 USVTA Indoor Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dave-man
We actually purchased a new scale a few weeks ago.
You the man! Thanks.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

One other item to mention ........ To keep things fair and eliminate doubt, we are doing motor and esc tech this year for VTA, USGT and F1. We have a neutral individual (not running those classes) performing tech. Our hope is to get the majority of the motor/esc tech done on Friday.

*All classes will be subject to standard tech (voltage, weight, ride height, etc.).

We are using an Instek Milliohm Meter (resistance of the stator) and the Reilley Motorsports Blinky Buster (shows boost in the esc).

We're still fine tuning the details but wanted everyone to be aware. We want a level playing field and some good/clean racing.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

oh yes.....lets see who not playing fair now....
Old 02-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
If you wouldn't mind, could you have that scale checked, Dave? At the race at your place on Jan 2nd, it was reading about 15 g light.
don't blame the scale...put some weight on it...that's just part of the game... a lot of things can change the way a scale reads....incl temp and air...make it heavy like us normal racers do, and quit looking for the loophole
Old 02-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

and I had lost a fabulous race in Indy one time cause my ride magically lost 1 gram of weight and I was DQ'd...my car was checked twice at the beginning of the main and was over by 5 grams....but was short by 1 gram after?....and protest began...just saying

so 1550, nah....1580....1450, nope 1500....make it happen
Old 02-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
and I had lost a fabulous race in Indy one time cause my ride magically lost 1 gram of weight and I was DQ'd...my car was checked twice at the beginning of the main and was over by 5 grams....but was short by 1 gram after?....and protest began...just saying

I was there for that race. I left before they made a decision though. I remember you were walking the track looking for it.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Come on , we all know you got some spy hunter setup that drops led on the people behind you.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

don't blame the scale...put some weight on it...that's just part of the game... a lot of things can change the way a scale reads....incl temp and air...make it heavy like us normal racers do, and quit looking for the loophole
FYI I've always run my VTA car heavy...last weighed at 1565.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Wrong. Jonesy placed 1st, I finished 2nd, you finished 3rd but had to relinquish the trophy due to failing post-tech. You kept the TQ award. I have the awards photo to prove it.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
Wrong. Jonesy placed 1st, I finished 2nd, you finished 3rd but had to relinquish the trophy due to failing post-tech. You kept the TQ award. I have the awards photo to prove it.
I still find it odd they let the 4th place finisher decide on the outcome of your DQ.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dave-man
One other item to mention ........ To keep things fair and eliminate doubt, we are doing motor and esc tech this year for VTA, USGT and F1. We have a neutral individual (not running those classes) performing tech. Our hope is to get the majority of the motor/esc tech done on Friday.

*All classes will be subject to standard tech (voltage, weight, ride height, etc.).

We are using an Instek Milliohm Meter (resistance of the stator) and the Reilley Motorsports Blinky Buster (shows boost in the esc).

We're still fine tuning the details but wanted everyone to be aware. We want a level playing field and some good/clean racing.

Can you describe the tech review for this blinky buster? Connect leads and then hammer throttle? What do you expect for readout? What is a pass, what is fail? What happens if someone adjusts the throttle end points in the radio?

For the milliohm testing, will we be able to see the results? Again, what is a pass, what is fail?

Thank you,

Snowy.
Old 02-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

lol...me too....lol...its all good for me, I enjoyed the event and the time with you guys...but since then I always go heavy....Fat Boyz Ridez is all the "mods" needed...

oh CW you right, I wasn't taking anything from the victory from Mike...I got photos and lovely memories....

Now picking in GT is another ballgame lol
Old 02-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Travis S
Come on , we all know you got some spy hunter setup that drops led on the people behind you.

now if I could get that approved?...hey Rob what you say?

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
FYI I've always run my VTA car heavy...last weighed at 1565.
its going to be lite....go ahead and add about 30 more grams and gear it around 4.2....Im not try to decrease your chances at a win...Im just trying to help
Old 02-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Battman Power Hour is over.....

Dave are you guys doing a motor tear down like we did a few years back or just checking in the cars?
Old 02-11-2016, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Can you describe the tech review for this blinky buster? Connect leads and then hammer throttle? What do you expect for readout? What is a pass, what is fail? What happens if someone adjusts the throttle end points in the radio?

For the milliohm testing, will we be able to see the results? Again, what is a pass, what is fail?

Thank you,

Snowy.
BLINKY BUSTER - We will come up with a number and let everyone know ahead of time. (It shouldn't read any higher than 2.0 or 2.1. Even 1 degree of boost will show 3.1 or 3.2 so it will be obvious if there's funny business) However, I'm still learning about it. Jeremy Reilley (local oval guy) designed it. I'm going to talk to him more this weekend. As of now, we are only planning on using it during post race tech inspection. Could be top 3 or top 5 from VTA, USGT and F1. However, If someone lays a blistering run down, we can always bust it out and tech it on the spot if needed. We'll make the Blinky Buster available all weekend if anyone wants to double check their equipment.

MILLIOHM TESTING - This part isn't quite as cut/dry yet. I know ROAR has passed down numbers for the 25.5 - The minimum resistance between any 2 phases of the motor (AB, AC, BC), when measured at 25C with an Instek GOM 802 milliohm meter, will be no less than 101 milliohms. However, this is not the same machine that is being loaned to us. I think it may be an older model. So, we can't "draw the line in the sand" at 101. It should be fairly close to that though.

Hope that helps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.