Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ando88
Hello
I'm writing form Italy.
I just bought this car.

Is it possible to mount a side damping tube instead of the lateral damper?
Because with my exotek F1R I had a better feeling with the damping tube and 300000 grese

Someone said me that the center shock could be better.
Are there some tips to mount it? or can i replace it with a better one?

Yes, you can switch out the roll damper for a tube damper setup. Tamiya has a single roll tube you can put on the Yokomo YRF. You can see a picture of it mounted on my chassis. It's three or four posts above this. Click on the picture and you can see it.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

mi potete aiutare a mettere a punto la mia yrf . adesso e montata di scatola ma non sterza e quando do gas si avvita. premetto che from italy gomme lattice ride r1 grazie mille
Old 11-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ernesto
mi potete aiutare a mettere a punto la mia yrf . adesso e montata di scatola ma non sterza e quando do gas si avvita. premetto che from italy gomme lattice ride r1 grazie mille
Ciao Ernesto vai sul forum Italiano Automodelli,li potranno aiutarti nella sezione apposita.

Hi Ernesto ,go to Italian forum "automodelli" ,will be more easy for you.

Ciao
pigio
Old 11-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Pigiolino
Ciao Ernesto vai sul forum Italiano Automodelli,li potranno aiutarti nella sezione apposita.

Hi Ernesto ,go to Italian forum "automodelli" ,will be more easy for you.

Ciao
pigio
grazie pigio ma sul forum italiano non mi risponde quasi nessuno
Old 11-02-2014, 04:27 AM
Tech Rookie

per edward2003 mi potresti gentilmente aiutare ad assettare la yrf dato che mi sembra che la conosci bene?
Old 11-09-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by KineticRC
Just bought myself a 2nd hand Yoko, expect many questions.
Any essential parts or upgrades I absolutely should have?
Nope.

The Yokomo YRF 001 is already tuned to a high level, as delivered from Yokomo. In my opinion, they have done all the work so we can enjoy the car, which can include modifications if you like, however, nothing is needed.

The only part I upgraded was to ceramic diff balls, a $10-15 (USD.) The kit diff balls may be ok; I run ceramic diff balls in everything.

Also, because I am a newer F1 driver, I chose the optional steering kit [YOKYF-STBC] that puts the servo farther back on the chassis with a bell-crank. I read it makes it easier to drive, but I don't believe team drivers use this.

Other posts, earlier in the thread, made recommendations you might be interested in for changing the diff thrust bearing as well as different front wings. My car is working great, so, no need to try these.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if there are any questions.

Last edited by dctrfrz; 11-13-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by E36M3
Can someone pls compare the performance with F104 ?

Thanks.
No lap time comparison to give to you.

Everyone has their opinion; mine is that Yokomo YRF 001 performs at a higher level than the F104v2 Pro.

I could state a list of bullet points, but really, I enjoy the Yokomo. I own both cars, and don't drive the F104v2 Pro anymore.

My Yokomo YRF 001N was the first place winner last weekend, racing with F103, F104v2 Pro, and Speed Passion cars.

Last edited by dctrfrz; 11-17-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey there all, just wondering if there are any other front wings that fit the YRF001? Any part numbers and where to get them would be great, looking to get some more steering out of it on a medium grip outdoor track, any setup up sheets would be a bonus.
Cheers.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Go back to the start of the thread and read from there. Beth and several others post tips and setup sheets.
As for the front wings, kyosho, tamiya f104 will fit. Some minor shaving might be needed.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Finally got this F1 hooked up! The biggest difference was the centre shock and added front weight. Used a smaller centre shock (Kyosho) with an Associated gold spring, speed Passion 40 wt oil. The side spring is Associated blue, and damper tube oil is 20000 Kyosho. Camber -1.5, toe out 1~2 degrees. I'm not sure, I do it by eye. Ride height is 3.8 rear, pod 3.6, and 3.6 front. Pod drop is 1.2 mm.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo F1 YRF-image.jpg  
Old 11-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yep mine was going really well at our Nationals on the weekend , was a little unlucky not to take the win, but was able to bounce back to second, (5th in 13.5 stock as well)

I have moved away from the bell crank steering to get some weight upfront, and I can move the battery to mid helps a little as well if the grip is up.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo F1 YRF-nats.jpg  
Old 11-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Lap times

Originally Posted by E36M3
Can someone pls compare the performance with F104 ?

Thanks.
Attached are most recent lap times, finished first again with the YRF, two in a row

This is not the best comparison because the F104v2 motor is Tamiya 540-J Silvercan and the other cars have 21.5 brushless.

Had fun again, looking forward to next race.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo F1 YRF-rctech-f1-comparison.jpg  
Old 11-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Finally got this F1 hooked up! The biggest difference was the centre shock and added front weight. Used a smaller centre shock (Kyosho) with an Associated gold spring, speed Passion 40 wt oil. The side spring is Associated blue, and damper tube oil is 20000 Kyosho. Camber -1.5, toe out 1~2 degrees. I'm not sure, I do it by eye. Ride height is 3.8 rear, pod 3.6, and 3.6 front. Pod drop is 1.2 mm.
Wow, very different than my setup, though you are on foam, I'm on rubber. I use kit springs and shocks, for oil, a mixture of Associated oil to approximate the kit suggestion, I think it was 500cst.

-0.5 front camber. Started at -1.5 camber but had push, gradually reduced down to -0.5 and got lots more mid corner and exit steering, tire wear is even at this setting. This goes against popular opinion that more negative camber gives more steering.

You run a lot of front toe, your car must have a lot of turn in entering the corner. When I ran like that, the front grabbed and either scrubbed speed, or threw the rear out into a slight skid and made the car lose speed.

My ride height is around 5mm for a bumpy track, with a little pod droop.

Last edited by dctrfrz; 11-27-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by evochick
yep mine was going really well at our Nationals on the weekend , was a little unlucky not to take the win, but was able to bounce back to second, (5th in 13.5 stock as well)

I have moved away from the bell crank steering to get some weight upfront, and I can move the battery to mid helps a little as well if the grip is up.
Nice comeback, cool trophies!

Have you tried the optional bolt down rear side links? Someone said they provide more more steering for more experienced driver. They only have ball connectors/rotation on one end.

I'm still running your tire suggestion, Pit PS-0573 medium fronts with Pit PS-0572 hard rears, and they are fantastic. Winter is approaching though, and I want to be prepared. Do you suggest an optional tire for colder weather? Track temps will be measured in a few weeks. Outdoor asphalt parking lot, prepped, air temps are in the 50-68F, 10-20C, overcast and partly sunny.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dctrfrz
Nice comeback, cool trophies!

Have you tried the optional bolt down rear side links? Someone said they provide more more steering for more experienced driver. They only have ball connectors/rotation on one end.

I'm still running your tire suggestion, Pit PS-0573 medium fronts with Pit PS-0572 hard rears, and they are fantastic. Winter is approaching though, and I want to be prepared. Do you suggest an optional tire for colder weather? Track temps will be measured in a few weeks. Outdoor asphalt parking lot, prepped, air temps are in the 50-68F, 10-20C, overcast and partly sunny.
no I haven't really had a track with enough grip to try the single links

you could try the soft fronts PS-0571 and soft rears PS-0575 which is what I tend to use in winter over here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.