Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by myan_gsr
Wow all these power cap discussions when i have a problem! what are the chances Got a race meet tomorrow and my cap has snapped off from the base. The only thing i have that could possibly use is a cap from a KO VFS-1 old brushed speedie. Is it advisable to run it while i chase down a replacement? Quick response would be awesome, really should be in bed now.

I have a RS pro running 17.5 Brushless.

Thanks in advance,
Steve

P.S the cap i have is at the bottom of the page
http://www.kopropo.com/america/index...=82&Itemid=140
That cap should be fine for stock motors.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

could some send me a pm on how to wire a brushed motor to this esc haha im working on someones car and they havnt switched to brushless yet
Old 09-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'd read the instructions. They're on the website as well.

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/RSManual.pdf
Old 09-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Happy

Hello people,

Have to say i`m very happy with my rs pro and a redline 13.5 motor,
been driving nitro for the last years but now with brushless is here its my future.

There is 1 thing i would like to know, maybe you guys cann help,
I`m trying to open my 13.5 redline motor but the allen wrench doesn`t fit.
2mm is to small and 2.5mm is too big ??????????

Are the scres in the motor englisch size???????
If yes, what is the dimension i have to buy?

Kind regards,

Roy B.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

3/32nds...
Old 09-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Now that the v200 software has been out for a bit, I have some questions regarding the appropriate use (rules of the road) of its features with my system as I wait for my Redline 17.5 and HotWire to arrive.

1. To create a frame of reference, I would like to use the IIC layout from this year. As I have a carpet track (OCRC) near me, to help make this conversation more relevant. The point of my questions are to understand why would I want increase or decrease my motor timing either mechanically or in the software or the gearing based on track size and layout.

What I am running:
Class: Amateur
Car: Cyclone S
Speed Controller: RS
Motor: Redline 17.5
Motor timing: 10 degrees (on the can)
Gearing: 4.4 FDR
Batteries: Orion 3600
Radio: M11 with Spektrum
Tires: Jaco blue's (spec tire)

Given the track layout and size:

2. Is my gearing correct? If not what should I be looking at for gearing?

3. Is my motor timing correct? If not what would be recommended and why?

4. What timing boost and why?

5. What turbo boost and why?

6. There was a change to the firmware on the speed controller that Randy did to allow users to have a delay set to .3 instead of the .5 that is standard. Why was this change needed?

7. How would a 10 percent change in track size either smaller or bigger affect
any of my settings and why?

I appreciate that anyone who responds will have a personal point of view on this and no one will be absolutely correct as there are many more factors such as driving style, car setup, and actual track conditions/surface that play important roles on all of this that you cannot see based on my description. What I am hoping for is to gain a better understanding of the how and why things are done to recognize what I may see and where/how I can adapt to it useing the RS and HotWire.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I'd read the instructions. They're on the website as well.

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/RSManual.pdf
ok thanks man
Old 09-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JSeay
6. There was a change to the firmware on the speed controller that Randy did to allow users to have a delay set to .3 instead of the .5 that is standard. Why was this change needed?
Thats easy... Because most people think that more timing (in this case sooner) is better. I would imagine anything less than around .8 is giving away punch. Timing like any other adjustment has its strengths and weaknesses.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Randy, quick question about the turbo delay.

When we set it at 0.5sec, does the turbo activate 0.5 seconds into full throttle regardless of motor rpm/load? Or does it wait for the load/rpm to reach a certain level before activating? Even if its longer than 0.5 sec?..
Old 09-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Just wanted to post a thanks to Chris at Tekin!

Once again Tekin came through with timely tech support for their outstanding product.

Thanks again Chris.

Jim C.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Thats easy... Because most people think that more timing (in this case sooner) is better. I would imagine anything less than around .8 is giving away punch. Timing like any other adjustment has its strengths and weaknesses.
The lower turbo timing is mainly an issue with small onroad tracks where you are already down some of the shorter straights before the turbo is totally kicked in. A lower turbo delay would allow shorter gearing for more acceleration once you can take advantage of all rpm available.

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Randy, quick question about the turbo delay.

When we set it at 0.5sec, does the turbo activate 0.5 seconds into full throttle regardless of motor rpm/load? Or does it wait for the load/rpm to reach a certain level before activating? Even if its longer than 0.5 sec?..
Turbo kicks in according to the timing delay; load/rpm has no effect on the turbo kick in and this is why setting the timing delay is very important and can be very different from track to track.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

With wiring the RS for Brushed motors, is there any difference between the two methods indicated on the manual. I'd prefer to wire it to the "forward and reverse" way as it will be easier to switch between brushless and brushed motors as I wish. I don't like the idea of taping into the positive wire of the speedy, and leaving it exposed when not using Brushed motors. I will be only using it in Forward mode only, is this okay. Also as far as settings go what can be adjusted on the speedy for Brushed motors. This is for 540 motor by the way.

Your help is appreciated.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Put me down for 2 more Tekin converts with an assist going to Randy My boy Art was more than impressed with Randy at the iic and the local BOR will be switching as well. Now if I can pull my head from you know where and win a race everything would be great Tekin soon to be region 12 spec 13.5 champ
Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

I'm just wondering if is that right or not
with fixed timing 13.5T motor
25 timing boost has more Top speed but Less torque than 15-20 timing boost is that right?
Local Carpet Track is really small and technical,tight 6.5 FDR feels ok...
On the other hand Randy Says The target timing should be 30...
I'm a bit confused...
Also What's the bes throttle profile for 13.5T Stock Racing? Some of my friends thinks the most aggressive throttle profile suits the Stock Racing is that Right?
Thanx in advance
Old 09-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adam lancia
Along this same line, would I notice a discernible difference between the RS and RS Pro in 10.5 1/12 scale? What about with an 8.5 in an RC10B4? Aside from the Redline motors, are there any others that would be recommended to use? (just in case I can't get a hold of the pair together, this stuff is super pricey in Germany...) Thanks!!!
Anyone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.