Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slapmaster Tools MS2.3

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brian thanks for the drive for A3 in Stock. The car was great to drive you were right that Monster was dog a dead one at that. I am hoping to get a few laps in before Friday to shake down my 2.3. I am also planning on going down to RC Plus for the next round of the Indoor series and giving Davies a run for his money.

Should have some set-up info to pass on in a week or so. The Neo was nuts for speed I was having issues on runtime with a 9x2
Old 01-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The Neo is a ton of just to drive... sometimes I feel it's too fast. But you don't have to run a rx pack with it like you should with a brushed motor/esc. The rx pack will keep you out of the radio priority circuitry in the 4th quarter of your run if you run brushed. Plus it just seems to be better on the bat's. That... and I never take it out of the car. Some day I might open it up to see what's in there!

I think that Salem will fit into my schedule, but the rest of the series might have conflicts. We should rally for a 19t at RC Plus as well as the stock class. I don't think that they have had any mods. But I have run mod there and it's fun.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

I'm up for 19t in salem, best car I've had so far, was a real learning curve for the weekend, did'nt pay attn to ride height for A3, push issues, after the race could see it was quite evident the body was on the rug, mental note to dumbass self.

Thanks Brian for guiding me through the weekend.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

So the smell was you brainfarting Crosier?......

See you Friday
Old 01-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

It took me 6 rounds to finally get the car dialed then finally in the last main A3 the car was dialed. I never got a chance to practice for the new layout. I went through 3 packs with my sedan and it was working great and 1 pack with my 12th scale during practice. Thanks to Brian and his setup tips I was able to get into the A Main, once there I was able to get the car dialed if we had one more main I might of been able to get my motor a little faster. Tom had a strong motor through out the race. Nice run Tom. I finally finished up with 3rd place overall I will take that anyday. To get in the A Main in both classes with such a competitive field I will take that.

I had a blast running 12th again it is a blast driving the car and the drivers are all so clean. I hope to make it down to Oregon.

Allen
Old 01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Allan.... we need to talk about this Steelers thing. I hope that you do not have your hopes up to high here in a couple of weeks! Go Hawks!!!

I have a correction to note. Over this past weekend I was able to confirm that the front upper arm hinge pin location has the mostly the different effect that the set up in the instructions call out for. While it may still be a good idea to leave the arms down low for a green track, taking the arms all the way up on a high bit track makes the car twitchy and will not take steering away. It would seem that the best locations are the bottom and my favorite is the middle.

I have also been running a lot lately without side springs in mod and 19T as well as stock. I will only use side springs if I need more steering "in" and "out" of the turns.

CRC has probably the best center shock that I have built to date. It's called the Dura Shock. You build it, fill it, stuff the plunger, screw the lid on, burp it maybe once and you are done. This one is definitely worth asking for!

This turned out to be a big revelation over the weekend; we CA'ed the outter corner edge of the front tire to settle the jerky inconsistant turning of the car. The bite had really come up and most of us were not able to come up with tire combos that could make up a consistant car. Try the CA trick, but as your tires wear, the glue will remain. If you notice that your car starts to push, then it will be time to take your tires to the truer, sand it off and reapply it.

I still have time to get Diff Thrust Kits out before Snowbirds.

Brian; [email protected]
Old 01-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Brian I am torn I have been a Steelers fan since they won there first Superbowl. I had season tickets for the Seahawks for 5 years and gave them up in 2001 but whenever the Seahawks played the Steelers I rooted for the Steelers. I am truley torn on this one last year the Steelers should have made it to the Superbowl with the 15 - 1 record but choked. I think I will just sit back and enjoy the game and whoever wins I will be happy even though deep down I will be pulling for the Steelers.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Brian, got a shakedown pack through the car last night and the thing I noticed most is the nose and how it "feels" alot more solid. I had tires from last weekend still on it Grey rear and Speedmind 35shore front. The grey as usual gave away@ 4min with a slight kick on power but the car still felt good. Hopefully Friday PM I will get some solid runs on the car.

Looks like another convert I see JayBee picked up Apex's conversion.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Cool! Break it in gently. I know that you will melting some asphalt with it soon enough. Maybe before long, we'll have an asphalt set up for the MS2.3. One thing that we have noticed, is that the difference between SIR and Rain City other then carpet vs asphalt is that the set ups are very similar. So I encourage everyone to give it a try. SIR has been using TRC reds or blacks. That might be the only difference. But I hear that they get purples to work fine. Right now, there is some good reading about tire compounds on the CRC web site. You wont go away with that magic bullet that you need to win, but at least you will be able to make more educated purchases.

Everyone likes pic's. So I took a few of the winning cars from the 3rd leg of the NW Indoor series this past weekend. Yep, that's my two rides. I ran a stock MS2.3 in stock and I am testing a prototype in mod that I have nicknamed the X-car. It has a low t-bar to test the concepts of improved rear grip on high bite carpet. We really put a good groove on the rug last weekend and we really learned a lot because of it. You can see that the X-Car has a machined bracket to support the under hung t-bar. I am currently working on a molded tunnel car that will have the same t-bar set up. It is purely experimental and could easily be a waste of my time. But it may lead to some other options with the current MS line. I have already tired some other t-bar ideas spawned from this concept. The jury is still out. There is no question that batteries are getting bigger with more volts and less IR, motors are better built, better brushes, maybe even no brushes, but motors are making more power. This will continue to push chassis devolopment to harnish this new power. We are not driving 16 quads with 1700sce's and TOJ's anymore!
Attached Thumbnails Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010040.jpg   Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010045.jpg   Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010047.jpg   Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010048.jpg  
Old 01-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

couple more.....
Attached Thumbnails Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010049.jpg   Slapmaster Tools MS2.3-p1010050.jpg  
Old 03-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Bump back to the top.....

I ran the MS2.3 this last weekend in the NW Indoor Series race at Seattle Indoor Raceway. Indoor Asphalt with very high grip.

Great handling and very consistent. Friday and Saturday we ran Parma Purple front and Pink rear. Sunday AM we tried Jaco wraps Double Pink and the car dropped about .1-.2 consistently. All total there were 3 MS's running one even the Man Brian himself. I think Brian's mind was on Nationals as he decided to race last minute and made it down Saturday AM.

All in all great weekend of racing and the MS can definitly hold its own on asphalt.

Good Luck to Brian and Weylin at Nats this coming week.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey i wanted to ask a few questions about asphalt with the ms. i went to a .063 t-bar but how much spacer are you putting between the t-bar and bottom deck of the rear pod?
Old 10-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default slap master 2.2 or 2.3

looking for a used slapmaster pm me if u cas help me.......
Old 10-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Customworksking
looking for a used slapmaster pm me if u cas help me.......
You got a PM Customworksking
Old 10-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Do you have a website? If so, can you post a link?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.