Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec ESC

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by mxracer458
I believe the 4 th setting is handbrake,I need some off throttle break just to set me up for the corner
No, it is drag brake. The sxx stock spec and the sxx tc spec V2 no longer have handbrake/initial brake
Old 09-22-2010, 10:59 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
No, it is drag brake. The sxx stock spec and the sxx tc spec V2 no longer have handbrake/initial brake
The 4th setting in the speed control is now a combination of both initial brake and drag brake. In older models you could independently select the values, now when you select a value both settings get the same amount of brake.

This is really a better way to have it work because I have seen in the past where a person would select say 6 for drag brake and then leave the initial brake at 1. What would happen is they would have good brakes as long as the trigger is in nuetral but as soon as they start to apply push brake the braking is decreased to 1. This gives a very weird feeling to the driver and they think something is wrong with the SC.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default X12 13.5 combination

Hi Guys i recently tested out the x12 13.5 with the motor timed at -5deg speedo set with 3 as aggressiveness and 5 as boost program geared at 5.98fdr. I temped out at 195f.

It was quick however i lost the edge i had when i was set at boost program 7 with the same gearing however motor was getting too hot after 3mins runtime 215-220f.

Any tips i should look into to gain speed and reduce heat. Do you think heatsink and fan on motors will help?

Tks Gus
Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 AM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by Pro Models
Hi Guys i recently tested out the x12 13.5 with the motor timed at -5deg speedo set with 3 as aggressiveness and 5 as boost program geared at 5.98fdr. I temped out at 195f.

It was quick however i lost the edge i had when i was set at boost program 7 with the same gearing however motor was getting too hot after 3mins runtime 215-220f.

Any tips i should look into to gain speed and reduce heat. Do you think heatsink and fan on motors will help?

Tks Gus
You need to have the motor set with -10 timing. Also when using boost 7 you will need to gear down massively. I cannot give a specific number as I am not familiar with your track. A racer I know is running 8.0 on a 17.5t, just an example. With the boosted SCs gear ratios are very close to mod range.

Also a fan on the motor is a must with the new "boosted" speed controls.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Can i use this software in my nosram esc? Is any differential betwin lrp and nosram? How is this prog software in race? I race to day whit speedpassion 2.1 prostock
Old 09-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Sean thank you for the tips our track has a 145ft straight forget to mention that.

Would you recommend any fan heatsink combination something like the one lrp offer?

Tks Gus

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran
You need to have the motor set with -10 timing. Also when using boost 7 you will need to gear down massively. I cannot give a specific number as I am not familiar with your track. A racer I know is running 8.0 on a 17.5t, just an example. With the boosted SCs gear ratios are very close to mod range.

Also a fan on the motor is a must with the new "boosted" speed controls.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Glorykid
well i personally would take a high fdr such as 7-8 then run a low punch setting, such as 1-3 and use the boost for the straights...5-7. use the cars gearing and motor for the low end and the speedo for top end. Just watch your temps carefully when setting up. Some drivers do it different so take your pick on advice.
Hi,

Tried these setting tonight indoors,

X12 13.5t motor (-10deg)
FDR: 6.56
Feel: 4
Boost: 6

I put the feel upto 6 as I wanted a more punch. Speedo shut down twice as motor hit 120deg

so I then geared up to 7.47 was alot better but motor temp was still in the 80's with a fan. I then tried gearing up more to 8.02 had a bit better punch in field but motor temp was still in the 80's

what should I do now, gear up even more or get a better fan with heatsink and then try more punch ?

Thanks.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by Pro Models
Hi Sean thank you for the tips our track has a 145ft straight forget to mention that.

Would you recommend any fan heatsink combination something like the one lrp offer?

Tks Gus
Yes the LRP model should work. When I ran I just used the fan with out the heatsink. This made a big change in temps.

Originally Posted by S.A.W
Hi,

X12 13.5t motor (-10deg)

I put the feel upto 6 as I wanted a more punch. Speedo shut down twice as motor hit 120deg

so I then geared up to 7.47 was alot better but motor temp was still in the 80's with a fan. I then tried gearing up more to 8.02 had a bit better punch in field but motor temp was still in the 80's

what should I do now, gear up even more or get a better fan with heatsink and then try more punch ?

Thanks.
Temps in the 80s are ok. Obviously lower would be better but the X12 motors seem to run hotter than other brands. They also tolerate higher temps better than most motors. If the laptimes aren't fading and the temps are below 95 I would just race.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi,

X12 13.5t motor (-10deg)

Thanks.
80's temps (175 to 190) is perfectly fine for the x12 motors.

I had originally tried the higher FDRs 7 to 8 and the 6 boost on my x12 13.5, and I didn't like the powerband: it was like an on-off switch on the bottom and soft in the middle before the top would really kick in.
I prefer running less boost (3-4) and lower FDRs 6.5 (on 100ft indoor track). The powerband is much more linear. The temps came down a bit with that setup as well.
Oh, and make sure that you're running the LRP fan, not the little clipons.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc pete
80's temps (175 to 190) is perfectly fine for the x12 motors.

I had originally tried the higher FDRs 7 to 8 and the 6 boost on my x12 13.5, and I didn't like the powerband: it was like an on-off switch on the bottom and soft in the middle before the top would really kick in.
I prefer running less boost (3-4) and lower FDRs 6.5 (on 100ft indoor track). The powerband is much more linear. The temps came down a bit with that setup as well.
Oh, and make sure that you're running the LRP fan, not the little clipons.
I think 6.5 might be overgeared for the track but I'll give it another try with a lower boost that will get the temp's down as well. I think it will loose it's punch infield though ?

Don't I need to gear it down for the infield and use higher boost for the straight's ?

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi... can anyone tell me if you can use LRP esc on non-sensored brushless motors (specificlly, the TC Spec version)? thanks
Old 09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think 6.5 might be overgeared for the track but I'll give it another try with a lower boost that will get the temp's down as well. I think it will loose it's punch infield though ?

Don't I need to gear it down for the infield and use higher boost for the straight's ?

Thanks.
From a dead stop, yes, the lower gear gave it more snap on the bottom end for maybe the first couple of feet. But the mid range wasn't there, and at the top it made a lot of noise but not as much power. Also, geared significantly lower, the spool down was much more non-linear also, which made it harder to hit the lines consistently on corner entry.
A couple of guys at our track still prefer the lower gearing with higher boost, and they're within a tenth or two a lap, so it's not a bad way to go.
You'll have to give it a try and see what you like better.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Rookie

edit, found answer

Last edited by Tommy43; 10-03-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Guys, anyone ever used by the SXXSS, Tekin 10.5 Redline motor?
I saw some reports about this cooccings Esc q Other motorss are not LRP.
Can anyone help?

My SXX is the MK3, i using with LRP 9.5t and not have problems.

Tks!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

I think that the Orion motor does not like the SXX very well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.