Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like Formula 1. Lewis Hamilton is on fire. He will win many many championships.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah, all of those passes while the other contenders are in the pits are terribly exciting. And there's nothing more interesting than watching sector times blip across the bottom of the screen to see which of the 2 McClarens will win.

Some people from the Altoona Raceway went to the Montreal Race but we havent heard anything yet. I'm betting the night before the race was better than the race itself!

I used to really like F1, but, nowadays, it's crap. Like Montoya said, the races and championships are over even before they begin.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

LOL, you're right Ed. F1 is boooring. But I am boycotting NASCAR, so I have to get my fix somehow. Nothing like coming from from McCulloughs, and staying up till 4 am watching the GP from Malaysia or Hungary.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sam did you try just heating the block by the bearing or did you heat the whole thing in the oven ?? if you did the oven heat method , try using a propane torch and heat the block just by the bearing . if you did the oven method , the bearing may have got heat soaked too !
Old 06-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The best part about F1 is the unusual race times; its 2 am and you cant sleep and there is a race in Malaysia! Thank you Speed TV. And in about 2 hours its all over.

Its just about impossible not to like Hamilton right now. He's got it all.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Forman - Why are you boycotting NASCAR? Just curious.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Chris, there is no 'grit' left in the sport. The grittiest and most outspoken critic of NASCAR died at Daytona in 2001. Since then, NASCAR has seized control. Total absolute control. If you're a crewcheif and you criticize NASCAR, and NASCAR hears you say these things over the radio, you could get ejected. Already happened. Darrell Waltrip used to criticize NASCAR all the time on TV. They dumbed him down also. Phantom debris caution flags make for all out boring and dangerous finishes. Why was NASCAR the only auto sport who would race back to the yellow? Thats suicide. Finally, they changed that. Why do cars that are one or more lap(s) down start inside the leader? Its ridiculous. Why doesn't NASCAR hire a full time safety crew like NHRA and IRL do? They certainly have the money. Everyone is well paid and filthy rich in NASCAR, so there are no outspoken critics because they give them just enough money to shut them up. Oh, and I almost forgot the commercial breaks on TNT are just too much for me to handle. 20 green flag laps equal 10 minutes of the same old commercials.....

Besides, the only lap that matters is the last one. So i'll skip all the crap, commercials, pre race hoopla and just watch the only lap that matters.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pipester
sam did you try just heating the block by the bearing or did you heat the whole thing in the oven ?? if you did the oven heat method , try using a propane torch and heat the block just by the bearing . if you did the oven method , the bearing may have got heat soaked too !
I did both and with a pointy screwdriver through the front bearing opening I tapped (pretty hard) around the small lip on the inner bearing...it didn't even budge! It has been heated up about 10 times now so I'm giving up and looking for a puller.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

OK, Mr. NovaRossi himself (Scott Siegel) told me to heat it up to 400 for 20 minutes in the oven. Then it should come out pretty easy with a little tapping and no puller. He's done many Nova's and never needed a puller. I've only replaced bearings on OS engines and never heated it up that much...Nova's tolerances are probably closer. I'll try that tonight
Old 06-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Some of you will remember my brother in law and friend Joe Norton aka Snorton. He always came to TRS when he was in town. He has had some chest pains lately and on Thursday once again went to the hospital. His heart stopped for 9 seconds early Friday morning. The body task that tells the heart when to beat isn't working correctly. It was a tough decision but he elected to have a pace maker put in. The surgery was done today he is doing well considering. Joe is only 31 and we pray him a long healthy life to enjoy!

iCeNuTz
Old 06-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

hey guys,
i havent been on here in awhile...im really looking to get rid of this xray buggy.need to move this.....

are any of you guys interested in this....my pc i down so im on my moms...i will check back...if any of you are intersted.i can bring it with me to the track this weekend...

lmk,

matt
Old 06-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Holy crap! That's insane dude.

Give our best to Snorton, that's one hell of an operation to recover from. Can you think of a more important ANYTHING to have taken out of your body and replaced with a machine?

I hope he didn't get the Losi XXX-P Pacemaker

Seriously, give him our best and tell him to heal well and heal fast.

-Chris
Old 06-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default pukeboy

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
Some of you will remember my brother in law and friend Joe Norton aka Snorton. He always came to TRS when he was in town. He has had some chest pains lately and on Thursday once again went to the hospital. His heart stopped for 9 seconds early Friday morning. The body task that tells the heart when to beat isn't working correctly. It was a tough decision but he elected to have a pace maker put in. The surgery was done today he is doing well considering. Joe is only 31 and we pray him a long healthy life to enjoy!

iCeNuTz
Holy wow !!! that is unbelievable . our prayers are with him and hope he makes a speedy recovery !!!

Last edited by pipester; 06-15-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

morris, have you ever heard of ebay?
Old 06-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

We'll keep Joe in our thoughts and prayers! He is and will always be a cult fan favorite at TRS! We wish him a speedy recovery and the best of luck with his situation long term.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.