Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was lucky enough to hang with some of the Xray team sunday night and snapped off a couple shots. Barry Baker, Mr Confidence himself, popped in to say hi before he left the resturant. and I sat there and learned a few things about setting up my T2. can't wait till the next big race.

Ps added blackstocks A2 12th mod win to the video on my site.

2006_Roar_Carpet_onroad_Nats_Mod_12th_
Attached Thumbnails Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats-image_00023.jpg   Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats-image_00030.jpg   Stockton RC Raceway 06' ROAR Carpet Nats-image_00031.jpg  
Old 03-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mcmoney
Tell everyone how you chunked that tire Barry....lol..
You are just jeleous that an old guy like me still has faster reactions off the line then a young guy like you..........lol
Old 03-24-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
He's gonna try and chunk an asphalt berm.
Nah...but I bet he will launch his car off the berm on the center chicane and clear the end of the track
Old 03-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Qual points suck........LOL..,...I needed one more qualifer...car was getting there.....it was really good in the B before I chunked a tire...
If your car was really good until you chunked a tire, but you chunked a tire off the start with some incident with Mc$$, what does that mean?!? Your car was awesome for the first 20 feet?

I hate Qual Points as well...they make sense where you have drastically changing track conditions, like offroad, where you may have a "rocket round" due to superior track conditions, but not at an indoor carpet race.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
If your car was really good until you chunked a tire, but you chunked a tire off the start with some incident with Mc$$, what does that mean?!? Your car was awesome for the first 20 feet?

I hate Qual Points as well...they make sense where you have drastically changing track conditions, like offroad, where you may have a "rocket round" due to superior track conditions, but not at an indoor carpet race.
Brutal...lol!

Todd...how many times have you seen the TQ from the 1st, 2nd round at Cleveland hold up....Never. Cleveland's track gets faster and faster so that only the last round of qualifying counts. You could TQ every round but the last at Cleveland, get hit and break in the last round and end up in the C-Main.

Carpet tracks don't change...yeah right!
Old 03-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

It's Friday morning and I have finally caught up w/ the work I neglected last week so I guess its a good time to give out my thanks.

First of all, thanks to Ruben, his wife Michelle and everybody else on the Stockton RC Raceway crew for putting together such a well organized race. We had heard so many horror stories about previous ROAR Nationals that we tried our best to make sure this event was top notch, and free of any controversy.

I don't think people understand the amount of work involved in setting up a temporary track that would live up to the high expectations of a national caliber race. We knew we couldn't please everyone but we were confident that the facility and the track would win people over. I heard from many racers that they appreciated some aspects that we on the West Coast take for granted. The large venue with plenty of spectator seating, spacious pits, snack bar serving hot food, a large and fast flowing layout, a tall drivers stand and a friendly and consistent tech crew all combined to provide the best national experience possible. Look for more of the same come June at the Paved OnRoad Nationals at Speedworld.

For my own efforts, I would like to personally thank Jason "MO" Moberly for lending me his 1/12 CRC ride to race and James Arluck for making sure it was setup correctly and competitive. Many thanks to Eddie O and Team Br00d for tuning my handout motors and keeping them fast throughout the weekend. Thanks also to Doug Hay from RC Scoring Pro for all the help he provided at Timing & Scoring including all the pictures he shot and for letting me use his Nikon flash.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pictures

I have post some picutes from carpet nats on my site. Go check them out.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey, what about me? ...you used my camera for 1 day

Originally Posted by RobertV
It's Friday morning and I have finally caught up w/ the work I neglected last week so I guess its a good time to give out my thanks.

First of all, thanks to Ruben, his wife Michelle and everybody else on the Stockton RC Raceway crew for putting together such a well organized race. We had heard so many horror stories about previous ROAR Nationals that we tried our best to make sure this event was top notch, and free of any controversy.

I don't think people understand the amount of work involved in setting up a temporary track that would live up to the high expectations of a national caliber race. We knew we couldn't please everyone but we were confident that the facility and the track would win people over. I heard from many racers that they appreciated some aspects that we on the West Coast take for granted. The large venue with plenty of spectator seating, spacious pits, snack bar serving hot food, a large and fast flowing layout, a tall drivers stand and a friendly and consistent tech crew all combined to provide the best national experience possible. Look for more of the same come June at the Paved OnRoad Nationals at Speedworld.

For my own efforts, I would like to personally thank Jason "MO" Moberly for lending me his 1/12 CRC ride to race and James Arluck for making sure it was setup correctly and competitive. Many thanks to Eddie O and Team Br00d for tuning my handout motors and keeping them fast throughout the weekend. Thanks also to Doug Hay from RC Scoring Pro for all the help he provided at Timing & Scoring including all the pictures he shot and for letting me use his Nikon flash.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Hey, what about me? ...you used my camera for 1 day
And the pictures I took are still on that camera, I wonder if the crack dealer that ended up with it was impressed.

Thanks HarshGuy for lending me your expensive camera, but not trusting me to keep it overnight - and then leaving it in the front seat of your truck for some crack head to bust out the window and take it.

I feel bad for your loss but compared to the Novak guys.. you should consider yourself lucky.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Harsh,

Where and when did that happen?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

it was across the street from Margarets house!!!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dal bains
it was across the street from Margarets house!!!!!
Margaret!

Harsh is seeing my ex-wife?!? He won't be racing long then...
Old 03-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Margaret's got a 4-tee fav wit hallow points, if you's ever need help (say it with a southern drawl)

...it hapened in front of a friends house I was staying at, was outside of stockton, forgot the town name ...total my bad, leave a case that is *obviosly* a camera with lenses and preipherals in it in your passanger seat parked on the street, and guess what!! ...All my rc stuff was inthe back, they didn't touch that. ...Margaret is the accross the street neigbor's wife.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Guess that's a 45 with hollow tip bullets amigo. She rocks! Must be my ex!
Old 03-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=HarshGuy]Margaret's got a 4-tee fav wit hallow points, if you's ever need help (say it with a southern drawl)

LOL Not bad but it needs help!!

Correct Southern:

Margarets got uh 45 wuth holler points innit. if'n ya ever need help!

Numbers cannot be written in words as we can't spell! And the use of "you's" will, in the south, only get you surrounded by currious onlookers followed by the inevitable question. " Where you from?"

Good try Harsh and keep up the good work! The Southern dialect seldom can be learned it needs to be experienced! After only a short time here in the MidSouth, the Southern experience will grow on you! Like a ditch full of Kudzu on Interstate 55 in Mississippi!!! LMAO If you don't get that then " You'ns aint from round here"!

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.