Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 08:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
This is also not true, at least with Tekin. All of our drivers know up front that they will share their setups with the public after the event is over. Part of being on our team. Believe it or not..your call.
+1
randy even lets us post setups he feels are funky. I remember Schreffs from IIC2010 .. there where a few settings around delay that he was concerned that a non-expert might get in trouble with.

The big thing is to make sure you check temps 2-3 min into the run to not melt down an aggressively configured package. Temps over 120F at 3 min might be too high. Ymmv.

Narrow rpm windows generate heat. Starting the rpm window too early generates heat. The new defaults of 5k/20k are very safe. Adjusting the end rpm is the beat first step for boosted TC.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hara did try gearing as low as 5.7 at one point but after watching the car and talking to him he went with my suggestion and went back towards the 6's. I take notes when I'm at larger races and working with team drivers. I track each run and note any changes we make both to esc and the car.

This gearing may not work at your home track. IF it's not the IIC 2011 layout I'd say you'll have to find your own gearing but my suggested range is a suitable starting point. Oh yeah..you have to drive like Atsushi also
Thanks for the clarification. I'm no Hara, but I can use this as a starting point before I tweak the settings for the track I run on. Did you also happen to take notes on his after run temps? Just wondering if he found a target temp specifically for that motor
Old 12-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream

Randy,

Very diplomatic answer ... couple of questions though

Quote:
The 1s esc application is something we've looked at and continue to look at.
Can you share some of the things you've looked into?

Quote:
IF there is a demand it's our choice to fill it, or not.

Does Tekin see a demand at this time?

Quote:
IF we see or feel there is need for a change then we begin working on it.

Does Tekin see a need for a change at this time?
Still looking for answers ...

While we wait ... we can add Orion to the list of manufacturers that are going to produce 1s speedo's - Vortex R10 Pro (1-2S)
Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need some Help please

My RS has the first two and last two lights flashing and the motor wont go unless I give it a little help by turning the wheels. It ran fine the first two races and then wouldn't run for the third? According to the Tekin website this error code could mean that I have the wrong motor selected but when I checked it with my hot wire it is set for brushless. I've tried a new booster, receiver, sensor wire and a known good motor with no avail? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated..
Bob

Also if I turn the switch for the speed control on first the lights flash correctly on the speed control. If I turn the booster on first it flashes with the error code I noted above, but either way it wont run!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobinmt
My RS has the first two and last two lights flashing and the motor wont go unless I give it a little help by turning the wheels. It ran fine the first two races and then wouldn't run for the third? According to the Tekin website this error code could mean that I have the wrong motor selected but when I checked it with my hot wire it is set for brushless. I've tried a new booster, receiver, sensor wire and a known good motor with no avail? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated..
Bob

Also if I turn the switch for the speed control on first the lights flash correctly on the speed control. If I turn the booster on first it flashes with the error code I noted above, but either way it wont run!
One of the racers at the track I go to had the same issue. I was asked to help because of my experience with Tekin RS ESCs. I did the normal check out and then plugged in another receiver pack and it worked fine. The clue in his case was that it worked fine when turned on then flashed all the lights finally flashing 12 67. This told me that it wasn't receiving a signal from the radio. The receiver is a Spektrum which has a high low voltage threshold. The new receiver pack solved his problem (he wasn't charging the lipo pack properly).

This may not be your problem but woth a check.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AreCee
One of the racers at the track I go to had the same issue. I was asked to help because of my experience with Tekin RS ESCs. I did the normal check out and then plugged in another receiver pack and it worked fine. The clue in his case was that it worked fine when turned on then flashed all the lights finally flashing 12 67. This told me that it wasn't receiving a signal from the radio. The receiver is a Spektrum which has a high low voltage threshold. The new receiver pack solved his problem (he wasn't charging the lipo pack properly).

This may not be your problem but woth a check.
Thanks for the advise.. I'm running a Novak booster with the LV lipo cut off removed. I tried a brand new one and it still didn't work? When I tried my brand new back up receiver it worked for the first pull of the throttle and then would work after that?
Old 12-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks for the advise.. I'm running a Novak booster with the LV lipo cut off removed. I tried a brand new one and it still didn't work? When I tried my brand new back up receiver it worked for the first pull of the throttle and then would work after that?

can i remove the low v cut off from an old novak booster? are there directions somewhere?
Old 12-02-2011, 04:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Bob

this is a 1s setup?.try a 2s to power the esc see if the 12,67 come back if not you have a booster problem now try a 2s for a rx pack to see if it goes away to eliminate the booster out
Old 12-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Check all your solder joints too. Make sure they are solid and none of them are bridged.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Bob

Good day!

I just went through the same thing and after going through all the tests it turned out to be the motor ( sensor ring I assume ) A different motor worked fine. Did you have any hard hits befor it failed? I did.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tallyrc
can i remove the low v cut off from an old novak booster? are there directions somewhere?
If you want to PM your email address to me I'll send you what Novak sent me and you can see if it will work for you.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by BCbud
Good day!

I just went through the same thing and after going through all the tests it turned out to be the motor ( sensor ring I assume ) A different motor worked fine. Did you have any hard hits befor it failed? I did.
Nope no hard hits and a different motor didn't work either?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Adept

hello
i recently find a tekin rs and want to start it in my f104. i am new to boost and timing feature so could someone share a good startup setup for pancar. our surface is low/medium grip.
many thanks
Old 12-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goots
Thanks for the clarification. I'm no Hara, but I can use this as a starting point before I tweak the settings for the track I run on. Did you also happen to take notes on his after run temps? Just wondering if he found a target temp specifically for that motor
Yeah he felt it was best under 180f if we could help it. After the A main he pulled off at 181f.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
Still looking for answers ...

While we wait ... we can add Orion to the list of manufacturers that are going to produce 1s speedo's - Vortex R10 Pro (1-2S)
Answers huh? Well what I am willing to admit is that our current hardware is nearing 4 years old. We at Tekin believe it's time for some new products. That's all I'm willing to share at this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.