Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

No other tracks to go to?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
Yeah, but dude, if you dont go back the whiners win!! And man you dont have to run big motor in mod. I ran a 13.5 a few weeks back and finished 3rd in the A mod. It's all about driving what's comfortable for you.
i would consider going back to race again if the owners issued me an apology with a EXPLANATION why i couldnt run in stock class.. after all it was stock and my gear met stock requirements and i did spend time and money just to get there to begin with. but so far they won't say why this was to even start....
Old 12-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
It is important to note that this rule only applies to this series. Normal club races or their bigger races it is not an issue.

RULE???
What rule? Only locals get to participate in a series? Sounds like a bunch of cry babies to me. If they can't win with skill they will use politics.

Snakebait you are better off without a bunch of loosers like that, it does such that there are no tracks closer to you. I guess no competition is what keeps them in buisness, lord knows they don't want any on the track either.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
No other tracks to go to?
well mikes hobby shop in dallas is 4-5hrs away
hutch ks is about 4hrs away
chillicothe mo is about 5hrs away
Old 12-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnakeBait
i would consider going back to race again if the owners issued me an apology with a EXPLANATION why i couldnt run in stock class.. after all it was stock and my gear met stock requirements and i did spend time and money just to get there to begin with. but so far they won't say why this was to even start....
dude it would be my personal goal to go back there and make them sorry on the track! They can tell you they are sorry, but words are words.Now a true hang your head in shame a$$ whoopin? That cant be 2 face back peddled talked around!
Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by SnakeBait
why support a hobbyshop/track that pulled what they pulled on me? gave me a 4hr road trip with the bill to boot for nothing..... no reason what so ever.
Again , its not about you , its about supporting your race facility and off-road racing....
Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

after a 2 hour drive one way, I think I would want/expect an explanation before I left after being told I could not race....
Old 12-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
after a 2 hour drive one way, I think I would want/expect an explanation before I left after being told I could not race....
I couldn't get a straight answer, like i said one owner was trying to start an argument with me and the other was mia, guess he was racing and winning the class he kicked me out of running just as fast i run.... lame
Old 12-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SQC049

You're a dick.
I know.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Again , its not about you , its about supporting your race facility and off-road racing....
if there was a local off road facility i would, but there isn't. i was trying to support a facility i could run off road at but they want to discriminate for no reason. why support 2 faced ppl that run off paying customers? doesn't seem like they are in the hobby for fun and racing, well i guess they aren't trying to make it a business either running off a paying customer. i don't see how they could be trying to promote the hobby by acting like that.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Has it somehow been forgotten that these tracks/hobby shops are businesses? If you don't like a resturaunt for the way you were treated what do you do? I quit going there... If a business basically denys service to you and gives no specific reason why they did I wouldn't go back without a resonable explanation. I can tell you that a lot of us from Tulsa quit going to Enid because of things that would happen during the course of an evening. I can remember a time a couple years ago when one of the owners was having some problems getting through one of the corners on the track. He gave a little addtional time between the heats and main and he took that entire section out of the track layout to suit him. Did I mention he didn't say anything to any of us about the fact that he was changing the layout??? This same owner has mistreated numerous drivers from all over the place and truthfully that is why many of us haven't been back in a long time. It is hard for me to justify driving 120 miles to put up with nonsense like that even if it is a nice facility.

It is easy for people to throw stones saying that you're not supporting your hobby or local track if they have one to go to that has resonable rules and several classes to drive in. If this person is driving 2 hours to get to a track it isn't local.... Whew.... that was more than $.02...
Old 12-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After reviewing some of the lap times it looks like you are good enough to compete with the Mod guys using a Stock motor. What are you complaining about?

If I was lapping the field twice I would beg to be asked to bump up! There is no rule that says you can't run a 13.5 in a mod class, is there? I say take your 13.5 to mod whoop their butts and quit complaining about being asked to make yourself a better driver by driving with a higher level racer.

We all want to win when racing but isn't the point of this thing to make yourself a better driver? How do you do that if you constantly dominate the field?

On Sunday I raced my my local track and got second in my 1st Qual, first in my second and whipped butt in the main. I never got passed in the second qual or the main. I was put in the Amateur class because there where no Sportsman to run with. In my mind my win was bittersweet. Ya I won but against who? Amateurs, don't get me wrong I respect them for getting out there and bettering themselves but I am a better driver than they are (That is not ego, it is just a fact). I would have preferred to run in the Super Stock class, with my stock motor, and get stomped but learn to be a better driver than have my throttle on cruise control for the second half the race because I was running away from the field.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

After racing at this track for years and knowing the owners fairly well I can pretty much say that they are attempting to make the series fair. A person running stock who is possibly going to win ever round of the series by a huge margin isnt fair for others who enter the class of their caliber. I agree with their decision to bump you out Snake. Not trying to be rude, but you have no business in the stock class anyways.

I understand your reason to run stock, more people. But you need to see that you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more skills then the guys running stock on a normal basis. If you were not blowing the normal stock guys away by 1 to 2 laps a nite I would agree with your argument. I run mod on a constant basis (and cant hit the broadside of a barn this year thank you) but I know the skill level im at, and I run the class that is going to help improve my skills and provide me with more enjoyment if I do win. Whats enjoyable about blistering your competition everynite by 2 laps?

I can understand your frustration about the low turn outs lately. We all can. Attendence will pick up now that the rutt rutt gas season is over here. Instead of whinning about being moved up in class, meet the challenge head on. Take it as a compliment that you have the skills to compete with the mod drivers and go improve even more.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by beeanner
After racing at this track for years and knowing the owners fairly well I can pretty much say that they are attempting to make the series fair. A person running stock who is possibly going to win ever round of the series by a huge margin isnt fair for others who enter the class of their caliber. I agree with their decision to bump you out Snake. Not trying to be rude, but you have no business in the stock class anyways.

I understand your reason to run stock, more people. But you need to see that you have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy more skills then the guys running stock on a normal basis. If you were not blowing the normal stock guys away by 1 to 2 laps a nite I would agree with your argument. I run mod on a constant basis (and cant hit the broadside of a barn this year thank you) but I know the skill level im at, and I run the class that is going to help improve my skills and provide me with more enjoyment if I do win. Whats enjoyable about blistering your competition everynite by 2 laps?

I can understand your frustration about the low turn outs lately. We all can. Attendence will pick up now that the rutt rutt gas season is over here. Instead of whinning about being moved up in class, meet the challenge head on. Take it as a compliment that you have the skills to compete with the mod drivers and go improve even more.
Since when has "stock" class mecome a novice class. There is something called sportsman for that. Stock class is there to set the motor level equil and make the driversetup and line more crutial than being able to strap in the fastest motor and sing it WFO down the stright.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
Since when has "stock" class mecome a novice class. There is something called sportsman for that. Stock class is there to set the motor level equil and make the driversetup and line more crutial than being able to strap in the fastest motor and sing it WFO down the stright.

Did anywhere in my post did I say stock was the novice class? No I did not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.