Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GTB "2" for 4wd Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Everyone at our local track who was using Novak has switched because most of them have failed or caught on fire....
I've had the same experience with a GTB "1", but I was pushing it a bit with a 4.0T off-road...
Old 03-17-2011, 07:54 AM
Company Representative

There are many things that can cause esc damage; many of which are unrelated to the controller. We have both customer service and tech support folks who are always available to assist by phone, email, walk-in and a fast replacement policy for warranty issues. I post here daily and am willing to help whenever I am asked. I certainly understand the frustration customers feel when exciting racing products do not live up to expectations.

I apologize for any issues with Novak products; I have been a member of this forum for many years and we are responsive to customer problems. If I cannot assist, I see to it that customers are directed to the appropriate individual or department. When racers have issues, we work with them to resolve the issues and often upgrade customers to other products if we are not able to resolve thorny problems.

daverobbo5, if you had allowed us to assist, I am confident that we could have offered either tech support, or product replacement, to solve whatever issues you were having. Again, I am sorry that you were not taken care of properly. If you wish to contact me, please PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
There are many things that can cause esc damage; many of which are unrelated to the controller. We have both customer service and tech support folks who are always available to assist by phone, email, walk-in and a fast replacement policy for warranty issues. I post here daily and am willing to help whenever I am asked. I certainly understand the frustration customers feel when exciting racing products do not live up to expectations.

I apologize for any issues with Novak products; I have been a member of this forum for many years and we are responsive to customer problems. If I cannot assist, I see to it that customers are directed to the appropriate individual or department. When racers have issues, we work with them to resolve the issues and often upgrade customers to other products if we are not able to resolve thorny problems.

daverobbo5, if you had allowed us to assist, I am confident that we could have offered either tech support, or product replacement, to solve whatever issues you were having. Again, I am sorry that you were not taken care of properly. If you wish to contact me, please PM.
I agree, Novak customer service has been great to me. And I guess this forum was never intended to be a bash Novak thread, instead a application of features thread.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
I agree, Novak customer service has been great to me. And I guess this forum was never intended to be a bash Novak thread, instead a application of features thread.
It wasn't but they all turn out that way

The GTB2 has plenty of features on it, timing just isn't one of them, which you don't need to run mod. 4x4 buggy anyway..
Old 03-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Everyone at our local track who was using Novak has switched because most of them have failed or caught on fire....
yet, you sell them? Come on man.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default GTB 2 FIRE

hey im one of the guys that didn't know anything about the capacitor wired wrong from the factory. and well i didn't make it a lap and it caught my blitz ese on fire. i just emailed novak tonight for help and hope they do help me cause hey i love novak systems, so what they screwed up but i know there customer support will help me.... i hope lol so i just figured id post cause i seen there was a guy posting here that works for novak maybe he will help me.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by countryboy19_86
hey im one of the guys that didn't know anything about the capacitor wired wrong from the factory. and well i didn't make it a lap and it caught my blitz ese on fire. i just emailed novak tonight for help and hope they do help me cause hey i love novak systems, so what they screwed up but i know there customer support will help me.... i hope lol so i just figured id post cause i seen there was a guy posting here that works for novak maybe he will help me.
Hmm, I would like to know more detail on this issue as well. I have about a pack on my GTB 2, no fire. However would like to fix this problem before its an issue.

So is the red wire of the capacitor on the black of the ESC? Or are the wires wired wrong on the capacitor itself? I think you have to take the shrink wrap off the cap to find out.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

I assume mine is okay, A backwards electrolytic would Pop and burn, especially with the power potential of a Lipo battery.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/i..._March2011.pdf
Old 04-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Company Representative

Hmm, I would like to know more detail on this issue as well. I have about a pack on my GTB 2, no fire. However would like to fix this problem before its an issue.

So is the red wire of the capacitor on the black of the ESC? Or are the wires wired wrong on the capacitor itself? I think you have to take the shrink wrap off the cap to find out.
Our tech update---link above---has photos and guidance for checking your capacitor.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I assume mine is okay, A backwards electrolytic would Pop and burn, especially with the power potential of a Lipo battery.
Posibly not right away though, I put a full race day on mine that was wired wrong with no issues. I've since fixed it.