Wiki Posts
Search

new to onroad. questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default new to onroad. questions.

My 16yr old son wants to race 17.5 rubber tire onroad at our local track. Its carpet. I race offroad there every weekend. I have a losi jrx-s chassis. Not the type r. I got it from a friend that put mabye 2 batteries thru it in 2006 or so before the track we raced at then closed. It is in perfect shape except belts rotted off it. I have searched and found belts and have them coming. But i cant figure out how im gonna run a lipo in it! So, im at a point that i either sell this and buy something else or need help on the lipo issue. LoL what are these chassis worth? I got it in trade. Like i said. It is like new. I dont think its even scratched on the bottom of the chassis. LoL might have 40 or 50 laps on the car. If anhone has any ideas of worth, interests in it, or ideas of lipo fitment please chime in. I currently run modx shorty lipos in my kyosho short course trucks.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

If I remember correctly the problem was you couldn't use the plugs through the top deck on these. I think someone at our club dremeled some of the top deck to fix the problem, but I think you have a few other options.

If you can find a saddle pack you could try to arrange the cells such that the plugs will be under some opening in the top deck.

Or, try to find some of those packs that come with their own wires and plugs (some exit sideways, those might work easier).

Solder the plugs at 90 deg to the wires, maybe have a pair of battery wires (extensions) with female plugs at the other end for the speedo plugs.

If your son is running blinky class he might even be able to use some home made NiCd packs. You can still buy 2400 SCR NiCd cells.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

My brother has a JRX-S setup by a guy at Horizon Hobby for VTA.

Seen it last August (2014), the lipo in it had wires coming from the lipo.

Don't remember if they came out the top or the side. Also don't remember if they were side by side or at one per side like a plugin!!!

My interest in VTA was started that day!
Old 03-22-2015, 03:24 AM
Tech Elite

Have a PM to my brother for more info.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks tmail55. I have sanded the battery door and the lipo still makes tje door droop down because it is too thick lol. I am thinking about building a new top deck, and maybe finding new thinner lipos. Saddle packs wont work, tried that. Tmail, may see if your brother needs a parts car. Like i said it is basically new condition. I might have found another chassis i want to use.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mocrawlin
Thanks tmail55. I have sanded the battery door and the lipo still makes tje door droop down because it is too thick lol. I am thinking about building a new top deck, and maybe finding new thinner lipos. Saddle packs wont work, tried that. Tmail, may see if your brother needs a parts car. Like i said it is basically new condition. I might have found another chassis i want to use.
Look at the dimensions of the track power 2s 3250mah pack about the size of a 1 cell lipo used them in my vta car and people running them in minis. not sure if i can link it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

found the specs on it
TKPC0607
Continuous Discharge Rate: 90C (297A)
Discharge/Balance Connectors: 4 mm bullet / 2 mm bullet
Dimensions: 1.9 x 0.75 x 3.7 in (47 x 19 x 94 mm)
Weight: 5.4 oz (153 g)
Old 03-22-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

thunder power,3800 65c shorty pack

http://www.rcm.fi/thunder-power-g6-p...00mah-65c.html
Old 04-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info guys. I had about given up on ot and a buddy I race with took it home and has a spur adapter made from something off a 1/12 scale. He shimmed the center and rear diff up and has a standard shorty lipo fitting under the upped deck with it in the original position. Looks like it will make it to a vta class csr after all. LoL