Wiki Posts
Search

Novak

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Novak

Has anyone else seen the notice for buyers in the state of Cali. on their site? Novaks site that is. Wow. i feel for Novak and its employees what a Load Of Crap. no matter what junk Cali. pulls i will and have always been a buyer and supporter of Novak. Thanks for all the help over time Charlie.

Last edited by AzBobby; 08-19-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so they are offering full refunds just for the fact that some of the components are not made in America. wow talk about dedication for the customers. Ive seen a few other California companies have that notice on their website, we've got some strange laws out here.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Living here in Cali, and a long time Novak supporter...no issues. If you read it carefully (and I may be mistaken), you only get your money back if you return the product AND make a statement about it being harmful in some way because of a couple outsources components.

I'm keeping my Novak stuff.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

oh, that would make more sense. yeah i love novak great support, great product. as long as its designed and assembled in America i could care less where they get their resistors from.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

that sucks, i dont live in cali. but even if i did, really its 2007, find me one thing that is worth more than 50 bucks and is totally made in america. i agree there are some retarded laws out there.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Interesting. Everytime I had an issue with Novak I would bring it in and get it replaced.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

That's pretty funny actually. This doesn't really change my view on Novak. I love my GTX, GTS, and Smart Tray, although GTX crapped out today, sending it in for service. For buying it used on eBay 2 years ago, it's been pretty darn good and reliable. My next one will be a GTB, probably refurbished since they stand behind all of their products and they are all excellent quality and reliable.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Team Tekin

This lawsuit was a complete Joke. Novak wasn't the only one stuck with this. My sympothy goes out to Bob and his company. Some people need to get a life and persue something that makes a difference in the world.

Being politically correct can be quite tiring. I always questiong peoples motives with this kind of stuff. Being made, assembled, built, tested or whatever is always a great thing to advertise. I say that if you're in the U.S. you should be able to put whateve the hell you want on the box as long as it's true and you're ready to prove it.

You paid for the box, you paid for the product, hell you hung it all out for everyone to see. Put whatever the hell you want on the box, YOU PAID FOR IT!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It's not a California thing, this just happens to be where the guy lives who filed the suit. I think they got the short end of the deal, but they'll be fine.

It's really kind of a backlash to the game that's been played for the last 10-20 years, where manufacturers claim that their products are made in the USA and they're really foreign-made. Like I said, Novak is one of the honest places, but there are plenty of shady places that set the stage for these lawsuits by playing fast and loose with the truth.

The same thing is going on in the automotive industry...country of origin stuff, "off-road only" "DOT legal"...

There used to be a joke about APC ("American Products Company" R.I.P. LOL)...everything they sold had a "Made in the USA" decal on it.... and the decals were the only things they ever made here.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

one thing for sure for me is that my view of Novak, thier products, or their representitives such as Charlie will never change. if i did live in or had bought my products while in cali. i certainly would not be going to collect on this money. in fact i would buy another product instead to help offset the cost they will incur for the few who do actually show up looking for this money. it just felt it was very sad when i read the info on their site. as someone else said this is one of the very few companies that actually cares about the customer and their employees.

NOVAK FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Slowly but surely, our civil liberties are being taken away one stupid law suit at a time. Now even the small R/C segment is no longer ammune. Whats next, speed governors to keep R/C's below 20Mph? I'll keep buying novak products even if they have to outsource and move the company outside of the U.S.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Oh please...I love Novak...but this has nothing to do with Novak and it has nothing to do with California per se....or your "civil liberties" for that matter.

There are dozens to hundreds to thousands of companies all over the country that are sorting this issue out right now. Not everything in this world revolves around RC. Most large companies are very precise about what parts come from where.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

So if its assembled in Calif. or Az. is it really made in America? Oh thats another issue... sorry
Old 08-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chrlie sidebite
So if its assembled in Calif. or Az. is it really made in America? Oh thats another issue... sorry
It's about where it's "made". If a Chevy is "made" up of components that are primarily "made" in another country(say 70%)...and assembled here in the US...is it "Made in America"?

This topic has been discussed in non-RC circles for 20-30 years now and it's becoming even more prominent as of late, with the increasingly stateless status of most large corporations.

Novak was pretty strident about the origin. I think the only thing that will change in the long run is that they'll be less so. They make great stuff...and it's all assembled in the OC. I could care less where some resistor comes from, I'm still buying it.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chrlie sidebite
here we go again. shooting our mouth off when it is not necessary too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.