Wiki Posts
Search

Question for Duratrax ICE owners.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 01:04 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

Post Question for Duratrax ICE owners.

I'm looking at buying one of these as a second charger; I looked at the online manual and for charge modes, it looks like it's selectable for Nimh 6 cell 2400mah, 3300mah, 3600mah, etc... Are those the only selectable modes of charging or are they just arbitrary and will charge anything you hook it up to? Any beefs with this puppy?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

the pack details when you set up the charging profiles are in 100Mah increments. so you can select 4100, 4200, etc...
the only beef I had is that my LRP Pulsar 2 will charge anything even if one of the cells are a bit duff. whereas the Ice trips out during charging if the pack is not in A1 condition.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

There are several presets, but you can change to suit yourself.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by TEM
I'm looking at buying one of these as a second charger; I looked at the online manual and for charge modes, it looks like it's selectable for Nimh 6 cell 2400mah, 3300mah, 3600mah, etc... Are those the only selectable modes of charging or are they just arbitrary and will charge anything you hook it up to? Any beefs with this puppy?

only beef
no backlight ,errmmm that`s it really ,oh hang on you have to buy the temp prope seperatley
does my Li-Po well
charges all my batts even my son`s old 33`s
you tell the machine what capacity you want & of it goes,motor run in only 10a draw (not that bad)

with all these different charging tech`s you have all i use is the linear @6a 5mvc cutoff ,

i came from a eagle CDC to this
Old 12-08-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I use the charger in conjunction with my GFX....Dollar for dollar it is by far the best charger on the market for the money in my opinion. Spend the 25 bucks online to get the backlight kit and it is absolutely awesome.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:24 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

Wow, those were quick replies! Thanks!

Whats the upper limit of this 100mah increments for cell capacity? I don't own any iffy packs. It's gonna sit along side my T35. I need it for 4 to 6 cell sub C's , airplane lipos as well and low discharge rates for various small battery packs. Seems to be the most economical option out there. Unless they plan to come out with an even better one anytime soon?... 20 dollar towards merchandise at towers with purchase! Looking for reasons not to buy one!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

9900mAh is the max.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I have 2 of these. I charge my TX packs, glow ignitors, hobby zone packs, Lipo's and everything inbetween. Dollar for dollar the ice cant be touched. After the backlite upgrade is taken care of there are no other real issues. Great warranty to, 5yrs I believe!