Like Tree15Likes

Interest in restarting the club.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:14 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Anyone have any contacts to those places?
Old 07-02-2019, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Please forgive an outsider butting in. I travel for work quite a lot so I research the RC environment prior to me visiting.

I have been in this situation a few times and might have some ideas that might help with raising money and a steady head count.
The best idea for raising funds is what a previous person mentioned. A buy in. $1000 is a bit extreme but $500 is doable for most. We spend that much on the latest and greatest but $1000 the wife will definately find out about.
Next idea is a junker round up. Each person in the club donates a RTR ideally but anything would work to auction off on Ebay. Proceeds go to the club.
Finaly, work with Amazon and set up the club with them. If anyone uses the club link to purchase anything, the club gets a percentage.

Head count is easy. Make it fun and keep the kids involved. Theme races, reversed the track unexpectantly, buddy racing (one blind folded and with controller), money pot race (all donate $5-10, fast of one special 5 lap race gets pot).
Kids. If the kids are involved, the parents will be shortly. In between heats, find kids, dads or moms from the spectators to run a few beaters we all have in the garage. I have seen a club ask a spectator to team with a racer. If the racer wins they get a prize. I have even seen a club build a float for a holiday parade, drive a variety of cool, good looking cars and trucks as they proceed down the parade route. There are lots of ideas floating around.
I hope any of these might help.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matman3
Please forgive an outsider butting in. I travel for work quite a lot so I research the RC environment prior to me visiting.

I have been in this situation a few times and might have some ideas that might help with raising money and a steady head count.
The best idea for raising funds is what a previous person mentioned. A buy in. $1000 is a bit extreme but $500 is doable for most. We spend that much on the latest and greatest but $1000 the wife will definately find out about.
Next idea is a junker round up. Each person in the club donates a RTR ideally but anything would work to auction off on Ebay. Proceeds go to the club.
Finaly, work with Amazon and set up the club with them. If anyone uses the club link to purchase anything, the club gets a percentage.

Head count is easy. Make it fun and keep the kids involved. Theme races, reversed the track unexpectantly, buddy racing (one blind folded and with controller), money pot race (all donate $5-10, fast of one special 5 lap race gets pot).
Kids. If the kids are involved, the parents will be shortly. In between heats, find kids, dads or moms from the spectators to run a few beaters we all have in the garage. I have seen a club ask a spectator to team with a racer. If the racer wins they get a prize. I have even seen a club build a float for a holiday parade, drive a variety of cool, good looking cars and trucks as they proceed down the parade route. There are lots of ideas floating around.
All good ideas. It's getting anyone other than myself to act on them to get the wheels to turn.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
All good ideas. It's getting anyone other than myself to act on them to get the wheels to turn.
It’s been interesting watching the two groups get going here. Lots likes but not turnout. I absolutely admit to being one that hasn’t. Work gets in way with Saturday’s. And while I’m willing to stay to help tear down. I’m not really looking to be in early morning rush on that one day off a week. Being somewhere an hour plus away by 8am.

Also learned that despite how wide Facebook seems to reach. It still easy to miss things, unless actually looking for it.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

last i knew, the club had plenty of money....that wasnt the issue...the issue was a reasonably priced place..and the interest to get it going...
Old 07-16-2019, 05:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any progress ? Wondering if I should start working on a stadium truck . I drove by World of Variety in Verona today . Still available . Matt M , have you personally spoke to anyone about that site . I miss MARCCA . Let’s rally . Is there something I can do ?
Old 07-30-2019, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ajcavanah
Any progress ? Wondering if I should start working on a stadium truck . I drove by World of Variety in Verona today . Still available . Matt M , have you personally spoke to anyone about that site . I miss MARCCA . Let’s rally . Is there something I can do ?
I called them and they wanted about $13,000 a month. Every single place I call wants to make a killing off each renter. Anything bigger than an office automatically assumes you are turning over product in every square inch of the space. It really would be cheaper to buy a couple acres of junk rural property close to Madison.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Tech Prophet

If getting head count was this easy. Tracks wouldn’t be closed.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

If getting head count was this easy. Tracks wouldn’t be closed.
All good ideas Billy. The issue is getting the doors open initially. The thought of ownership is scary for most members. I'm not going to stop trying. I would prefer not to go it alone.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:37 AM
Tech Prophet

All good ideas Billy. The issue is getting the doors open initially. The thought of ownership is scary for most members. I'm not going to stop trying. I would prefer not to go it alone.
I was more responding to that post. I still have figured out how edit quotes.

Honestly I can’t imagine trying at the price you posted. That’s what get down here near Chicago or western suburbs. I’d thought north of border things might more reasonable.

I had had a customer that works in real estate check on a building in area. Only building that didn’t have on online listing. He just told me to forget it. Back taxes alone were in 6 figures. More then price of the building itself.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:38 AM
Tech Prophet

I was more responding to that post. I still have figured out how edit quotes. Under no circumstances is getting a good head count easy.

Honestly I can’t imagine trying at the price you posted. That’s what get down here near Chicago or western suburbs. I’d thought north of border things might more reasonable.

I had had a customer that works in real estate check on a building in area. Only building that didn’t have on online listing. He just told me to forget it. Back taxes alone were in 6 figures. More then price of the building itself.
Old 08-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

I was more responding to that post. I still have figured out how edit quotes. Under no circumstances is getting a good head count easy.

​​​​​​All of Dane County is way overpriced. There are cheaper alternatives, but they are all west and north in other counties.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Any rumors to spread?
Old 11-19-2019, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kraig
Any rumors to spread?
Yep.
Johnnyk527 likes this.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yep.
there are rumors abound..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.