Wiki Posts
Search

8ight T 2.0 or RC8T FT

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savi0r
Haha yeah man, the last truggy I owned was a HPI Hellfire RTR, so there's not really much to beat. I just don't wanna make the wrong choice and Losi have been a pain in my ass in the past so I'll go with what I know.

Can you tell me the difference between the CE and the FT?
The Championship Edition IS the factory team version. Comes with all the nice anodized aluminum parts, hard anodized shocks etc..........its the way to go, should be able to grab one for $450. Your not going to get a better truggy paying 1-200 or more dollars. The problems with the smaller companies like Xray,Durango,Serpent etc. is mass availability of parts, and the parts that can be had normally are more expensive, not because they are better, but because they are produced in much smaller quantities. Nice thing with companies like Associated and Losi, is that most local hobby shops carry those brand parts, and because they are bought in quantities tend to be cheaper as well.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Greg B
I wouldn't worry about the fuel tank. I have either owned or ran them all and having a few parts is a good idea regardless of what brand you run.
Fuel tanks are priceless considering the amount of servos that I've seen the Losi guys carrying around.

oh snap you started it now with the losi be prepared j/k.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ntrain42
The Championship Edition IS the factory team version. Comes with all the nice anodized aluminum parts, hard anodized shocks etc..........its the way to go, should be able to grab one for $450. Your not going to get a better truggy paying 1-200 or more dollars. The problems with the smaller companies like Xray,Durango,Serpent etc. is mass availability of parts, and the parts that can be had normally are more expensive, not because they are better, but because they are produced in much smaller quantities. Nice thing with companies like Associated and Losi, is that most local hobby shops carry those brand parts, and because they are bought in quantities tend to be cheaper as well.
Ah I see, just different terms, thanks for clearing that up.

And yeah I would be going for the CE, I like all the added extras that it already comes with. I love building up cars and customizing them but at the end of the day having most of that stuff already fitted is always nice

That's the one thing it always had over the Losi for me, all the aftermarket parts (although they're kinda not aftermarket anymore )
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Here locally AE and Losi are the predominantly raced rollers. As others have said here, the Losi without question wears out quicker and the parts quality overall is not quite as good. I personally would go with the Associated, they are about to come out with some new updated parts including a slightly longer chassis and redeisgned shock towers to improve handling for larger tracks with longer straightaways(and you would have 2 chassis to swap between depending on the type of track your racing at ). So IMO I'd go with the Associated. Either way though your getting a vehicle thats going to only be limited by your own driving ability and knowledge or how to properly set up a vehicle for a given track.

there coming out with a longer chassis for the rc8t
when ?

pickle: yea, ive seen in my own eyes with the old rc8s on how they broke that was making me nerves on buying one but now the newer ones are a lot better from the looks of it and theres way more tuning features on the new rc8/rc8t to get it to where you want it.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Fuel tanks are priceless considering the amount of servos that I've seen the Losi guys carrying around.
Its all about set up. I have a hitec 5645 installed in my buddies 8ight b 1.0 and its still going strong after a year. Now thats a cheep $50 servo in losi's worsest radio tray and still going. Simply put set it up right and you wont have a problem.

Oh and for the record my budies brother burnt the same servo in his RC8t on throttle duty. He bought and installed it the same time i did his brothers. Does that mean AE's burn servos? nope it just means it to needs to be set up right.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
there coming out with a longer chassis for the rc8t
when ?

pickle: yea, ive seen in my own eyes with the old rc8s on how they broke that was making me nerves on buying one but now the newer ones are a lot better from the looks of it and theres way more tuning features on the new rc8/rc8t to get it to where you want it.
The RC8B has one for sure. Nothing about the RC8T tho bud.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

oh snap you started it now with the losi be prepared j/k.

Yeah, yeah. I've heard it all. I haven't had any issues yet with my current Losi vehicles but my butt is puckering while in waiting.
To me, servo issues should only be rumors. The hi-torque and boastly advertised servos should actually take more abuse than they do, especially when you shelling out over $100 for one just to use on a throttle.
No truck on the market has had more issues with the throttle servo than the Losi but for racing, it's an awesome truck.
Remember, this guy ask which truck was better for club racing and some bashing. I think he just might want to open up for more options than just the 2 trucks. The Mugen is a heck of a nice truck and the D8T is a good one. I would rather race and bash with a $280 Hot Bodies than anything else on the market.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah, yeah. I've heard it all. I haven't had any issues yet with my current Losi vehicles but my butt is puckering while in waiting.
To me, servo issues should only be rumors. The hi-torque and boastly advertised servos should actually take more abuse than they do, especially when you shelling out over $100 for one just to use on a throttle.
No truck on the market has had more issues with the throttle servo than the Losi but for racing, it's an awesome truck.
Remember, this guy ask which truck was better for club racing and some bashing. I think he just might want to open up for more options than just the 2 trucks. The Mugen is a heck of a nice truck and the D8T is a good one. I would rather race and bash with a $280 Hot Bodies than anything else on the market.

i was going to get the hot bodies d8t but at my track i dont see anyone with one for setup help a extra part.

believe it or not i never burned up a servo on my 1.0 tray even when my linkage setup wasnt setup exactlly right.

i, would tell him to take a look at the mugen truggy or others but at club racing tracks i just dont see many just losi/associated.

i, dont understand why lhs dont sell mugen truggys or the parts i mean they dont update their models every other mouth or year .

and that goes for hot bodies also i think there whould be more showing up at club tracks if that was the case.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Rookie

They're the only 2 trucks my local shop sells but I'm definitely open to more input and ideas for different cars to look for. I just want a car that would be a really good competitor for racing, and the past hot bodies cars I've had I'd never consider racing nor have I ever seen one at my local track, so idk.

Really I just wanted to choose between these two cars so I know which direction I'm going in, I'd be open to more options afterwards.

But I live in the UK and I know these cars probably are about here, but the only popular trucks I see over here are 8ight T's, RC8T's, Jammin's or Hyper 8 truggies generally.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
Its all about set up. I have a hitec 5645 installed in my buddies 8ight b 1.0 and its still going strong after a year. Now thats a cheep $50 servo in losi's worsest radio tray and still going. Simply put set it up right and you wont have a problem.

Oh and for the record my budies brother burnt the same servo in his RC8t on throttle duty. He bought and installed it the same time i did his brothers. Does that mean AE's burn servos? nope it just means it to needs to be set up right.

I know this thread isn't about servo setup and shouldn't be. However, I don't and never will need to be told about setting it up right. I would really like to think that anyone with half a brain could set it up correctly but I see from day to day that common sense in this country is quickly going by the way of the horse and buggy.
I have gathered up over the years a good bit of info on this servo issue. Setting it up right accounts for a good bit of it but as for it being the overall problem, about 10% of the info accounts to that.
My first Losi 2.0 would eat 7955's quicker than a fat man eating Big Macs. My setting it up right hasn't changed but my current cars have been fine.
For a servo such as the 7955, the throttle should never be an issue unless you're trying to pull the carb off the engine.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Prophet

savi0r: if your on a budget and what something thats competive with the extra tuning and upgrades on it than get the rc8t ce than.

like i was saying its all in your budjet and how you drive it and how you set it up.
and your driving style are you a guy who drives hard and isnt smooth on the throttle ?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Rookie

savi0r: if your on a budget and what something thats competive with the extra tuning and upgrades on it than get the rc8t ce than.

like i was saying its all in your budjet and how you drive it and how you set it up.
and your driving style are you a guy who drives hard and isnt smooth on the throttle ?
I'm not on a budget exactly, if I car is worth getting I'd save up the extra for it.

And yeah sort of, I'm on the throttle quite hard most of the time and I power out of corners quickly rather than smooth. Not sure if that's a bad thing but it's what I do until I get slightly better :P
Old 03-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I would worry about the fuel tank thing. It's a known problem on the RC8T. There are bad fuel tanks floating around everywhere. I know, I just raced one this past weekend.

Yeah if you don't take the advice printed all over this website to the losi, you might experience throttle servo issues. I haven't had near the problems I've been hearing about though.

Bottom line is, if you go with the RC8T, which is a good truck, have a fuel tank as a spare at all times, unless you like air bubbles in your fuel line.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by boomgagem
I would worry about the fuel tank thing. It's a known problem on the RC8T. There are bad fuel tanks floating around everywhere. I know, I just raced one this past weekend.

Yeah if you don't take the advice printed all over this website to the losi, you might experience throttle servo issues. I haven't had near the problems I've been hearing about though.

Bottom line is, if you go with the RC8T, which is a good truck, have a fuel tank as a spare at all times, unless you like air bubbles in your fuel line.
Yeah I must admit I did have a lot of problems with sheering gears on my old Losi. And yeah I have a few extra fuel tanks, although I've had this problem before and I easily fixed it with some adjusting.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by savi0r
I'm not on a budget exactly, if I car is worth getting I'd save up the extra for it.

And yeah sort of, I'm on the throttle quite hard most of the time and I power out of corners quickly rather than smooth. Not sure if that's a bad thing but it's what I do until I get slightly better :P

the, reason why i was asking that was because from guys i talked to the rc8t likes to be driven hard and im pretty sure that means on the throttle also.

its worth it man you wont need any upgrades for it .

and it comes with some nice jconcepts tires !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.