Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
Euro guys: have any of you used the Ansman racing tyres for GT8?

http://www3.ansmann.de/cms/wheelstyr...lackwhite.html

If you have experience with them, give us some feedback
Used a set of Ref. 214000051 and first run the foams unglued themselves!Over the years tried GRP and Medial Pro which are the best for me.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
I'm just guessing that its just the Team C car in an Ofna box...

http://www.teamcracing.net/index.php...mart&Itemid=71

It looks like OFNA is going to be the importer for Team C products.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

selling my losi buggy that is half way converted to GT8, if anyone is interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-electric.html
Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

video of my GT Crono brushless, mamba monter 2200, 4S lipo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_4gX7sRIU
Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

My season is over until the spring, but I'd like some advice for next year. The track I run at is a parkinglot track, and the asphalt we run on is quite high-bite and abrasive. It isn't treated, just blown off (we actualy tried treating it at the beginning of last season, it seemed like it just made it even MORE abrasive).

We recently started running gt8 in the last half of this year, and we are having problems with tires. The track is rather tight for 8th scale cars, combined with with the abrasive asphalt, it just tears up tires. Either it is too hard and you are powersliding everywhere, or the tires grip pretty well. In either case the tires get destroyed quickly. Next year I am going to try the GRP tires, but it will still be somewhat cold/chilly during the beginning of the race season and I have heard that they are best suited for warmer weather. Any thoughts?

Also, after reading this whole thread I saw it mentioned a few times that running a center diff is helpful for very tight tracks. Is there one that is a drop-in replacement for the DM-1 Spec E's center spool?

Also diff related: I am still running the stock oil in my car's diffs, any idea what weight it is, and any recommendations for what to run on my tight track?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

What brand tyre are you presently running that's getting ripped up?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

What brand tyre are you presently running that's getting ripped up?
Sweeps EXP. Used 50's when it was warmer out, and switched to 45s when it got into the low 70's, high 60's.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Stregone
Sweeps EXP. Used 50's when it was warmer out, and switched to 45s when it got into the low 70's, high 60's.
Sweeps are great, however they work better for nitro versions of these cars. The brushless motors have too much torque for latex rubber tyres such as sweeps.

Most of us run PMT Rally 6, 20 shore in front and 10 shore in rear. GRPs are probably just as good.. theyre both based 1/5 and 1:1 scale rubber. They last forever and offer excellent consistent grip once they warm up. The down side is that on a cold day, they can take a while to warm up.

These guys sell both FG and GRP

http://www.fgsupply.com/cart.cgi?gro...5&child=130555
Old 11-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Sweeps are great, however they work better for nitro versions of these cars. The brushless motors have too much torque for latex rubber tyres such as sweeps.

Most of us run PMT Rally 6, 20 shore in front and 10 shore in rear. GRPs are probably just as good.. theyre both based 1/5 and 1:1 scale rubber. They last forever and offer excellent consistent grip once they warm up. The down side is that on a cold day, they can take a while to warm up.

These guys sell both FG and GRP

http://www.fgsupply.com/cart.cgi?gro...5&child=130555
Excellent. Thanks for the info. How long of heats and mains do you guys usualy run? We run 6 min heats and mains for everything.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Stregone
Excellent. Thanks for the info. How long of heats and mains do you guys usualy run? We run 6 min heats and mains for everything.
We run the same.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from france,

during our first round of the French GT8 serie, the french brand HobbyTech make a very nice surprise!!!

You know this Big Dog called Citröen DS3R ??

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And now, the GT8 body is available !!!!

Magnifique!!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

My kickass girlfriend just ordered me a brand new Inferno GT2 VE rolling chassis. I'll be using a MMM, Leopard 1800kv, 5s, and Sweep belted tires. Can Tekno's Traktion Drive be used with an Inferno GT2 VE? It looks as though the center diff can be flipped to accommodate the clutch bell. I don't have the car yet, but it'll be here in a few days. Where is the correct forum for this car?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CobraWasHere
My kickass girlfriend just ordered me a brand new Inferno GT2 VE rolling chassis. I'll be using a MMM, Leopard 1800kv, 5s, and Sweep belted tires. Can Tekno's Traktion Drive be used with an Inferno GT2 VE? It looks as though the center diff can be flipped to accommodate the clutch bell. I don't have the car yet, but it'll be here in a few days. Where is the correct forum for this car?
Congrats. Few tips from someone who used to run 5S, don't! No one makes a hard case 5S. Also there are far fewer 5S batteries out there.

Second.. Why do you want the techno drive? You will need to add a servo for brake. It's an unnecessary hardware addition. In addition you wil need a different style motor mount then the one that comes with the kit.

Last, this is the right forum for brushless GT8, regardless of brand
Old 11-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

I already have a Maxamps hardcase 5s and I'm coming from a Tekno D8. I'm actually using all of the electronics from my D8. Mechanical brakes aren't needed with a Traktion Drive setup (it's not the same as a nitro clutch setup), but I'm not worried about not being able to use it. Two more questions... Should I worry about filling the diffs and shocks out of the box, or is it good to go? Also, what's the gearing in the Inferno GT2? I'm going to aim for a 60mph bashing setup using 5s and an 1800kv.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

I'm not sure what the GT2 VE has for gearing. Smallest spur I have seen is a 40T from Ofna, which should fit the VE's centre diff. Pinions, I've seen a 25T even. Those should be plenty for speed runs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.