Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Kyosho_D got refund and did not return item >

Kyosho_D got refund and did not return item

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho_D got refund and did not return item

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Kyosho_D got refund and did not return item

This user (Kyosho_d) received a traxxas spartan and was not happy with the item and upon complaint I gave a refund right away. He says he shipped it back but was unable to provide any tracking, delivery confirmation and did not insure the item. I am now without the boat or any money and he is refusing to take responsability or even respond to messages at this point.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

And buyers wonder why you get refund AFTER item is returned. You should've never given refund, albeit very nice of you, before you had the boat back in your hands. Sorry for your loss. Just keep an eye on his for sale ads, it's amazing how many times you hear about this then the same guy tries to sell the item 6 months later.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I would have issued a refund AFTER I received the item back. Just like any retail or online store would. Paypal will allow for the return of the item before issuing a refund, too.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

He has a big reputation he's going to destroy if he doesn't refund you. I believe he has an eBay store and everything. But anyways, at this point, you only can hope that he'll remain honest about shipping the boat. Like everyone else had said, you're supposed to refund him after you receive the boat back. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yeah, I didn't realize that you would have no recourse after issuing a refund on pay pal. He said that he shipped it but it was not insured and clearly has been lost as it has been a few months. Shipping insurance is insanely cheap and no one should go without. Also if that happens and you didn't insure the item then you should do the right thing and take responsibility. Anyway, lessons learned I guess.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Did you use a credit card through Paypal, if you did you can just file a claim with them to get your money back. I believe this should work.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bjames
Yeah, I didn't realize that you would have no recourse after issuing a refund on pay pal. He said that he shipped it but it was not insured and clearly has been lost as it has been a few months. Shipping insurance is insanely cheap and no one should go without. Also if that happens and you didn't insure the item then you should do the right thing and take responsibility. Anyway, lessons learned I guess.
If he had delivery confirmation but no insurance, and it got lost. Honestly it's on him. Who ever shipped is responsible for getting the item to the person's door.