Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobinmt
My RS has the first two and last two lights flashing and the motor wont go unless I give it a little help by turning the wheels. It ran fine the first two races and then wouldn't run for the third? According to the Tekin website this error code could mean that I have the wrong motor selected but when I checked it with my hot wire it is set for brushless. I've tried a new booster, receiver, sensor wire and a known good motor with no avail? Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated..
Bob

Also if I turn the switch for the speed control on first the lights flash correctly on the speed control. If I turn the booster on first it flashes with the error code I noted above, but either way it wont run!
If you get this issue grab a 2s and power the esc up with it. IF the issue goes away your rx booster or rx pack isn't supplying enough voltage.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by freakyfreakyflo
hello
i recently find a tekin rs and want to start it in my f104. i am new to boost and timing feature so could someone share a good startup setup for pancar. our surface is low/medium grip.
many thanks
What motor?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
What motor?
sorry,forgot to mention that. murfdog 21.5. thanks
Old 12-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Just want to Thank You Tekin! I just installed the Hotwire with no problems. Now Im ready to learn and play. I now need some good set ups for WGT and 12th mod. thanks!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Answers huh? Well what I am willing to admit is that our current hardware is nearing 4 years old. We at Tekin believe it's time for some new products. That's all I'm willing to share at this time.
Tekin fan here .... if and when the new hardware comes out, if you keep it to the same size/footprint, develop a program box to eliminate the need for a laptop, and keep to the performance standards tekin provides, you'll surely blow the competition away!

... Eagerly awaiting!
Old 12-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

What size wire should I use for Blinky 17.5 TC?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Team Tekin

12 to 14 awg wire should be fine
Old 12-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

12 to 14 awg wire should be fine
OT: hey Randy, congrats on that KO propo sponsorship. im a sanwa type of guy, but KO makes some of the greatest control systems in the industry.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

hello
i recently find a tekin rs and want to start it in my f104. i am new to boost and timing feature so could someone share a good startup setup for pancar. our surface is low/medium grip.
many thanks
does anyone have any tips? thanks
Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 AM
Tech Champion

does anyone have any tips? thanks
I don't run F1, but what size track are you racing at? (this might help someone else give you a starting point).

Also if you are using foams, obviously gearing will play into the setup too, as they wear down.

The cars are quite light so you might need to use less boost than other classes but again it really depends on track size and the length of the straight and so on....

As for delay. I would possibly try 0.3 as a starting point, ramp 2 and go from there but it is a guess. Watching motor temperatures is also a key point.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Up in smoke

Mixed up my battery leads and smoked my tekin I heard some one say that all you need to do is replace the Capacitor and your golden. thanks.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Team Tekin

IT's possible but don't hold your breath. Replace the cap and power it up, if it works consider yourself lucky, you dodged a bullet.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc3team
I don't run F1, but what size track are you racing at? (this might help someone else give you a starting point).

Also if you are using foams, obviously gearing will play into the setup too, as they wear down.

The cars are quite light so you might need to use less boost than other classes but again it really depends on track size and the length of the straight and so on....

As for delay. I would possibly try 0.3 as a starting point, ramp 2 and go from there but it is a guess. Watching motor temperatures is also a key point.
our track is old car park so low grip with lot of corner and small straight. i use rubber tire with weight at 1100 gram
Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

This is also not true, at least with Tekin. All of our drivers know up front that they will share their setups with the public after the event is over. Part of being on our team. Believe it or not..your call.
I believe it. We occasionally get some national event winning drivers at our track and sometimes I even get to race against them. When I've stuck to the posted setups I've never felt like these guys had any power advantage on me. The dirty secret, sometimes they DETUNE the cars for less power at the smaller events when the traction is not up to par.

Now blinky class - don't get me started.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default specs

my damn hobbywing just blew on me. you buy cheap you buy twice is so true. i am seriously considering a tekin RS pro, but whats puts me off all ESCs nowadays is the information on the website, they dont list everything i want to know. like on the tekin website, there is only 1 page showing the RS and RSpro together, with basic specs. i wished they would have one complete page for the RS, and another for the RS pro, with ALL the info on them, like info about boost and turbo also. What is the weight of the RS pro without wires ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.