Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default D8, Losi 2.0, or Hyper 9

i have found all 3 kits at amazing deals

D8= $299.99
2.0= 499.99
H9= 499.99

i have all the parts availability so thats not an issue.. honest opinions. and only if u own or have some decent time behind the wheel.. no bashing

thanks T8RTOT
Old 01-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the 2.0 is a great buggy but its a steep price..if u are new to the racing scene which im asuming u r since ur asking which to get id say go wit the D8

just my 2 cents
Old 01-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i say the 2.0 ive got about 3 galllons on my roller and have had zero problems
Old 01-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

id say D8, cheap, good quality and a champion. losi 2 have always prolem in shaft, it brakes like stick. hyper 9, dont know much but i think it also expensive. if you want buggy that save your wallet but still you can go fast, take D8..
Old 01-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Losi 8ight 2.0

losi has great customer service if anything goes wrong....

i have the losi 2.0 and its dialed. the improvments that they did are fantastic, i couldnt ask for a better car. it handles likes its on rails. i thru the .21 grp in it and it flys around the track.its a durable buggy and you can not go wrong with it.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

i use to race the 2.0 before i got sponsored. personally its great buggy, but for the price you cant beat the d8, i have mine dialed and i've made at my A mains in my class consistanly.

there both worth the money.

HB customers services is also sencond to none, when we had the old CVD problems they made it right by sending every person who broke one a new set (all 4) of updated CVDs.

now thats customers service.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would consider adding the SH Z car to that list it has kyosho like quality and every bit of performance as the mp9 I say that becuase I rolled the mp9 and IMO the z comes out on top that's just for my driving style also the z is $200 on hobby people or $229 at z car usa don't let the price fool you this is no crappy rtr like kit and is tough as nails. I have not driven any of the cars on your list but there reputaion speaks for themselves and I mean that in a good way the choice is yours what ever you choose enjoy dude
Old 01-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

i appreciate that you want to add the SH car but i have kno parts availible in my area only online i have seen the car and its quality was excellent for a buggy and that price is amazing...

also for the posts about pricing, pricing isnt a problem, my decision wont be based on price only on preformance, thanks for thinking of my wallet, another reason i love this hobby.

i wouls like to hear from the Hyper guys as well
Old 01-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

To answer the original question, I think the 2.0 is the best choice. It's pretty solid, although not without its flaws. The Hyper 9 is a little too weak and the D8 is one of the sloppiest cars out of the box. The D8 started out strong at our local track because of the price, but everyone quickly figured out why it's so cheap - it's cheap. The post about the Z-car is one of the most rediculous but predictable fanboy posts on rctech. The Z car is not even in the same league as the budget cars already mentioned, no less a car like an MP9 or MBX6. I really start to dislike forums when I see posts like that...
Old 01-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Addict

Heres my take on the ? the d8 is a great car but the plastics are not as good as xray or mugen but on par with losi I agree with it being with have some slop with front hubs and rear hubs. Other than that it drive great 3gal and the only heavy wear is in the front center drive shaft joint every where else almost as good as new.no mater what you choose all the buggy in post are good. It just how much u want too spend. Dont be afraid to try the d8 just because it 299.99 does not mean it cant perform
Old 01-31-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i've seen the hyper 9 in action. its an awesome buggy. everything is super low CG looks and performs very well. the car is amazingly composed on the track.one moment you think it out of shape its back on all 4s and nailin' it!! maybe its the ability of the driver (cuz he is an amazing driver to me.) but he looked better in the hyper 9 then in his xray 808.

i personally have a D8. it's an amazing car with great durability. the more i drive it the faster i get. i've gone from sportsman to expert in a matter of 4 races. people say its heavy but i think that helps with its stability. not twitchy at all. lots of steering. i have had zero breakage and almost 2 gallons through it.

cant go wrong with a D8.

2.0 looks great....but im anti standard lol. looks like a great buggy though. metric!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The D8 had issues with drive shafts and don't know if they fixed it or not...plus it's a heavier car.(not a strong point but weight it's in the air lately)
Hyper 9 keeps on breaking the front lower arms no matter what they do so...
Losi is a better overall design i guess, lighter and fast and has LOSI behind it.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcg33k
The post about the Z-car is one of the most rediculous but predictable fanboy posts on rctech. The Z car is not even in the same league as the budget cars already mentioned, no less a car like an MP9 or MBX6. I really start to dislike forums when I see posts like that...
I'm not going to hijack this thread but have you ever ran that car or even seen one run? your post is typical of some one who thinks the higher you pay for your ride the better you will drive, what ever works for you's cool but I think your right on saying t8rtot should go with the losi. Parts support is good and there are three losi sponsored drivers here in AZ Casey Peck, Charles Hicks, and Billy Fischer they are super nice guys and will do there best to get you going in the right direction fast good luck t8rtot let us know what you end up with
Old 01-31-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i would recommed the 8 2.0 , i have seen way to many drive shafts break on the d8, havent seen 1 make it through a whole night of racing with out breaking atleast 1, the losi is alot better then the original design, its pretty durable, and easy to drive
Old 01-31-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I am also now seachrching on a new car. Up to now i have some buggys. Last season i have xray 808 and the car drive really well but I on 4 last reaces 3 issues (bearings), i decited to sold it. Xray is very light but it is not stable. On smooth tracks with much jumps it handle like a dream. Now i intresting about 4 carsin that order)
Mugen MBX6
Losi 2.0
Jammin X2
Ofna hyper 8

I have now my friend new MBX6 and the steel is like in xray. Looks like don't have any design problem(more traditional design) This car is normal weight so it should handle well and become stable(which s for me also important)

Losi 2.0 probably one of the best design and now tested much and improved. Eliminated the most issued which coms with old model. Light aggressive but not so much stable. The only disadvantage which i find is breaking driveshaft (losing pin) and for me inches screws.

Jammin x2 all tuning inside the box. I run previous version jammin always become not so modern but handle very very good. The x2 two is the most traditional but also quite light buggy.

Hyper 9 every thing looks good n a paper i do not see it in real. Hyper have some new improvements do not meet in other buggys. Looks likes material are the good quality. I really like the engine mount (first meet in dario vita kyosho mp777wc last year in schwedt).

To sum up We should wait to Toy Fair there becomes also new models, new redesign models,(I am waiting what make xray with 808 if they eliminated issues witch i met with my buggy it could be really nice car). But now if i buy i car it will be MBX6.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.