Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trains and Lanes 2009 Off Road Racing Season (Northeast Pa) Easton PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thank you for you input

Gary thank you for reading and replying to my post about the track. I would say that you are 100% correct. I know that no matter what day we race we are competing with other tracks. It is hard to get a good showing with just new racers without getting existing racers there first to spark their interest. Tim is going to be running the computer but with help from me, chris rupp and others so that the show is run good for everybody. This year we will not run into the problems of the past that drove the racers away from T&L.

Tommy, Gary's info is correct about getting to the track. Here is the address of the track so that if you would like to map it out on mapquest.

3825 Northwood Ave.
Easton Pa, 18045

I think from the Gw the easyiest way would be to take 78 west to 33 north then take the hecktown road exit. It is pretty much a straight easy drive for you. I hope to see you this year racing with us and having a good time. What class or classes do you race?
Old 03-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Drivers Stand

If you supply the wood I would gladly help build the drivers stand.

Nico
Old 03-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

As long as this new track has a better layout than the original, then HELL YEA! The current track is a little boring...Can't wait for this new one to arise!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Stand

shipping containers are great-serves a couple of purposes for the track.but are also sometimes ugly on the site-Maybe someone would sponser the container with advertising?(rt33) yeah I know another can of worms
Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by antg
Gary thank you for reading and replying to my post about the track. I would say that you are 100% correct. I know that no matter what day we race we are competing with other tracks. It is hard to get a good showing with just new racers without getting existing racers there first to spark their interest. Tim is going to be running the computer but with help from me, chris rupp and others so that the show is run good for everybody. This year we will not run into the problems of the past that drove the racers away from T&L.

Tommy, Gary's info is correct about getting to the track. Here is the address of the track so that if you would like to map it out on mapquest.

3825 Northwood Ave.
Easton Pa, 18045

I think from the Gw the easyiest way would be to take 78 west to 33 north then take the hecktown road exit. It is pretty much a straight easy drive for you. I hope to see you this year racing with us and having a good time. What class or classes do you race?
well i race 1/8 onroad, but been gettin itch for 1/8 buggy again, raced that years ago!!!looking for a GOOD track to temp me back to the 'other' side...lol

tommy
Old 03-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Well Tommy I am sorry that we don't have the track for you to run your 1/8th scale on-road car but when we do built this new offroad track I think it will temp you enough to get back into 1/8th off road again. I do hope to see you out here having fun racing with us this year.

Gas God, I am trying to get someone to sponsor the track but to no avail. With the economy the way it is people and companies are not willing to part with any money right now. I think we might have something else in mind for a drivers stand. Thank you for the suggestion though.

I am talking with my friend and should have dates when we are going to be working on the track very soon. I am going to be taking pics of our progress through out the entire build of the track and keep you guys posted on dates.

Anthony
Old 03-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Track sponsor

I wouldn't say there is no one willing to sponsor the track.... I would consider it but since I can't even get the time of the day on getting my products in the store.... Chris Rupp has been trying to get them to carry the Answer-RC line through me but to no avail. I'm willing to get creative if there is someone on the other side.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default track sponsor

Hey Mike, I did not know that you were the one that chris was trying to get that line of product in the store for. What could we try to work out? I am willing to help you get your product into the store if you help me with the track. Can you email me a list of products or have a site I can get a product list off of? If you want to email it to me, [email protected]. I would like to work together if we can.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

what gonna happen to the old track?? are you gonna start on the old
track if the new one isnt done yet?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anthony you have email. I have several ideas just need to see what is going to stick and work for everyone.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default start date, need man power

Ok guys I have talked to my friend who is bringing the machinery out and we set a date to start the build of the track. I know we are getting a late start but the machinery was out on a job but it will be at trains and lanes on Saturday april 11th and Sunday april 12th. We are going to do all the prep work saturday and Sunday we are going to do the leveling. I would like some people to come out and help on Sunday. This track is definately going in. As for the drivers stand I think we are going to build a mound of dirt 6 ft high and build the stand on top of that about 2 ft tall. This would put us standing 8 ft in the air over the track and would make the build a lot easier and cut the cost on lumber.

This weekend is to level the land and get the base of the track put in. Then in two weeks we are going to put in the actual racing layout and jumps in so that it get packed down properly and does not get blown out so quickly.

I hope to see you guys out there helping built the track. When it is done it is going to be a good track and a lot of fun to race on.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Helping Hand?

Hey AntG,
I believe you emailed me b4 about the drivers stand. I was supposed to call u, but didn't. Sorry for that, I work freelance and got really busy. Anyway, gimme a shout back. I should be able to help out, at least w/ labor. I wouldn't recommend a dirt mound, it'll settle way too much. Better to do something right the first time IMO.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default How about we just use the exsisting offroad track

Um: I am wondering why we arnt racing yet & why can't we use the offroad track that's already there. I came to T&L today Sunday April 19 NO offroad racing I posted comments on the general forum of the track build Thread Asking why. Wow I was Disapointed why us offroad guys are not racing but the onroad guys are racing there season & some Guy posted he want to RUN a 5 race season I dont know about anyone else I WANT TO RACE ALL SUMMER NOT JUST 5 TIMES.