Want to get into electric offroad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Want to get into electric offroad

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

I would go with a RTR Evader as a first car. It is strong, ideal for a semi racer and has a 1 year warranty on all parts. Aftermarket parts support is very weak though. The only aftermarket parts i have found so far are Golden Horizon's alum. parts which aren't exactly what a racer would use and they do cost a fair bit.

Sean
Old 07-25-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

RC10T4 Factory Kit if your budget can afford it or the RC10T4 RTR if budget is a little tighter. The good thing about the RTR is you can eventually upgrade it to everything the Factory Kit has.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

The Evader will stand up good against abuse, not so much so as a Traxxas truck, but it has features that allow it to be comparible to the Losi's and Associated's. It stands just about dead center between the Rustler's durability, and the Losi's racing prowess. I also think Duratrax would be a good choice.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dont get an evader! my friend had ont of those, he cases a single jump at the local track and snapped the whole chassis right in half. he ran into a basketball hoop base(the big water filled thing)at low speed and broke every single front part on the car! and duratrax did send him the parts but it took a LONG LONG time. he also fried the esc. there is too much to list... i would go with an rtr t4 or rtr losi truck, w/e its called(im an AE guy).
Old 07-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I had an evader and was not satisfied.I broke about 15 parts in the first week of just running it in the yard.No big jumps or anything but it still broke.The stress tech isn't good because you have to ship them your truck to get it fixed which takes 2 wks and 10 bucks to ship.Now I have a FTT4 and im extremely happy with its strength and durability.The T4 RTR or xxxt rtr are your best bet.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I jumped off my house a few times with my xxx-t.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

I don't understand you guys. I've only broken a few shock towers and a-arms with the 2 Evaders i've owned

Sean
Old 07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

well maybe you can drive a few laps without ramming a wall. not to point any fingers, steve. but that car is old technology(not that a t3 is spanking new). it is a xx-t.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dado11g
well maybe you can drive a few laps without ramming a wall. not to point any fingers, steve.
If your talkin about my evader then i completley agree.I Hit the walls more then any other object(jumps, turns etc.) That was a good 2 yrs ago though

Sry back to the subject

Looking on ebay you can find a good starter package with basically everything you need for quite cheap.Especially older cars like t3's or xxxt's can go for about 100 with esc and radio.Or ive seen lots with batts,chargers,fully complete cars go for under $150 with ease.If your buying from ebay and dont have much kowledge of RC cars ask someone who does to take a look and check out the quality for ya.Im sure whoever you ask would take it as a compliment.

Steve

Last edited by Stevietd14; 07-29-2005 at 02:25 PM.