Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems! >

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viper R/C Solutions - A New Line of Innovative Power systems!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Viper R/C Pit Towels!

Viper R/C is making your pit cooler! Soft high quality black fabric measuring 30x60 inches with two Viper logos in opposite corners.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini-dub
Viper R/C is making your pit cooler! Soft high quality black fabric measuring 30x60 inches with two Viper logos in opposite corners.

Not just that, it's great for drying off when you get out of the shower lol
Old 11-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I want one!!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
The "can we blow it up with too much amp draw" testing has been done with mod I truly think that this speed control will be the "all-around" speed control that others fail to be. Of the products currently on the market, some boost with a mod map, some with a spec motor in mind... The Vtraxx10 is completely adjustable by the user, and from a handheld device no less. No need to the laptop at the track.
Peter,

Compared to a SXX in modified, does it have the same feel all around? How smooth is it overall with the 4.5-5.5's? You say this is a well rounded speed control, and this is one factor the Tekins can't hold a candle to. Can the feel be tuned with this controller through the hand held device?

What was the turbo/boost mapping based upon?

Thanks-
Old 11-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Peter,

Compared to a SXX in modified, does it have the same feel all around? How smooth is it overall with the 4.5-5.5's? You say this is a well rounded speed control, and this is one factor the Tekins can't hold a candle to. Can the feel be tuned with this controller through the hand held device?

What was the turbo/boost mapping based upon?

Thanks-
I'll chime in to give you a quicker response..
Peter was running his SXX with the VST 6.5 on throttle profile 7 or 8, which is a moderate boost aggressiveness. With the Vtrax10 his VST 6.5 had the same speed and power with no boost or timing activated (he was running stock mode). The Vtrax10 came off the track at only 135 deg F in mod tc - and that's the low current esc without a fan!

The throttle "feel" can be adjusted through many different settings using our handheld ProGauge. Some of the adjustments include throttle power level %, drive pwm, brake pwm, brake strength %, throttle curve, brake curve, throttle punch, and timing punch. Give you an idea? I'll let Peter give his own opinion on how the esc felt to him vs. the SXX... but to me it feels equally as good or better, with very precise tuning. 2wd mod buggy is arguably the most important class to have a smooth controllable esc, and it feels like butter

The boost program design is still being developed, so I can't yet say how it functions exactly. We want the boost option to be functional, perform well, easy and comprehensible to adjust, and to not burn up motors. Expect the various boost levels to be altering the timing ramp engagement point.

My VST 7.5 running the Vtrax10 with a prototype boost setting had the same power as Peter's VST 6.5. Both were running identical 6.9 FDR.

Last edited by mini-dub; 11-24-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

where are they engineered and manufactured?
Old 11-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tallyrc
where are they engineered and manufactured?
Taiwan, but our company is based in Washington
Old 11-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'll chime in to give you a quicker response..
Peter was running his SXX with the VST 6.5 on throttle profile 7 or 8, which is a moderate boost aggressiveness. With the Vtrax10 his VST 6.5 had the same power with no boost or timing activated (he was running stock mode). We've experienced that same feeling across the board with both on and offroad, spec and modified winds. The Vtrax10 came off the track at only 135 deg F in mod tc - and that's the low current esc without a fan!

The throttle "feel" can be adjusted through many different settings using our handheld ProGauge. Some of the adjustments include throttle power level %, drive pwm, brake pwm, brake strength %, throttle curve, brake curve, throttle punch, and timing punch. Give you an idea? I'll let Peter give his own opinion on how the esc felt to him vs. the SXX... but to me it feels equally as good or better, with much finer tuning. 2wd mod buggy is arguably the most important class to have a smooth controllable esc, and it feels like butter

The boost program design is still being developed, so I can't yet say how it functions exactly. We want the boost option to be functional, perform well, easy and comprehensible to adjust, and to not burn up motors. Expect the various boost levels to be altering the timing ramp engagement point.

My VST 7.5 running the Vtrax10 with a prototype boost setting had the same power as Peter's VST 6.5. Both were running identical 6.9 FDR.
Thanks for the answers man-

I'd really like to hear how they work with 4.5-5.0-5.5's. If they are smooth, and can take the heat, i'd love to try one. Sxx/Kinetic/Sp's are the only ESC that seem to work with the mod winds. The Kinetic seems to be the only ESC for mod and stock.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

I'd really like to hear how they work with 4.5-5.0-5.5's. If they are smooth, and can take the heat, i'd love to try one. Sxx/Kinetic/Sp's are the only ESC that seem to work with the mod winds. The Kinetic seems to be the only ESC for mod and stock.
Maybe I'll drop in my 4.5 tonight if we're running mod then . I'm confident they will be excellent across the board with all winds, but you never know till you actually try right? I will keep you updated. We have tested them with both mod and stock winds in offroad and the performance is great with both.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Website

Good day!

I was on the website but I couldn't see any products or pricing, are they there?

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BCbud
Good day!

I was on the website but I couldn't see any products or pricing, are they there?

Thanks.
Seems to be working now.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

So far with my 6.5 (the ideal wind for our track) I have run the speedo pretty much stock. As Weylin said, with the SXX V.1 I was using prior, I had to run boost to get the same power out of the motor which tells me the SXX was lacking something...

In my Vtraxx speedo I am currently running a linear throttle feel, which is how I have always liked to run my electronics (as linear as possible). The Vtraxx allows for throttle curve adjustments both smoother and more aggressive. It also has adjustments for throttle punch in 10 steps, I am running on 5 and it is not only powerful, but incredibly smooth.

I also have only been testing the lower current version of the Vtraxx, so to make a simple answer long winded ... If my results with the low current version are any indication, I have complete confidence that the Vtraxx10R (high current version) will be more than capable of handling any wind you throw at it, as well as being fully adjustable to tame the bottom end power that these winds exhibit.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:14 AM
Tech Champion

Taiwan, but our company is based in Washington
Interesting, to the point of where would faulty units go for servicing, should the need arise?
Old 11-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

who will sell Viper R/C Solutions?
Old 11-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can you let us know when the esc's and the 17.5 motors are on sale please?
Thanks in advance
Fordy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.