Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up r2

My r2 is still fast on oval carpet running 19t. Prone to front and rear hub carrier breakage untill I replace with xenon aluminum ones. No problems since.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

If aluminum hubs are not available, may I suggest that you trim down an RPM TC3 Bumper. Fits really well on the Cuda R2 and will save you from breaking the front c-hub....

I still run my R2 on carpet stock racing....
Old 11-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey everyone,

just finished rebuilding my R2 and cleaning EVERYTHING lol

just a few quick questions if you wouldnt mind:

how do you guys all successfully and precisely get the rear toe-in angle right??? with the offset pivot ball adjustment etc??? i have the right toe at 2deg and left at 1deg but i cant get the left to 2

also, i asked previously about swapping left and right rear hubs-whether if was possible or not and was told no because they are angled... but as far as i can see its the arms that create the angle isnt it? when they mount on the pilow balls. I've seen nothing that suggests the hubs are angled but its noticable that the arms are. no disrespect to the person who answered my question previously- thank you, but i just cant figure it out

FINALLY (sorry to bother you all haha)... the xenon conversion is the way to go to make the R2 better right??? a long with aluminium parts. Would anyone have and pics and a price for the conversion??? and/or other aluminium parts?

thank you again very much, im still trying to get my head around this car so your help is much appreciated

cheers,

robbie
Old 11-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

If you are using the Stock ball stud (Black in color) I think you shoud be set to a 2 degree toe.

As for aluminum hubs check the rcmart site http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/defaul...ort=1a&&page=1
They carry Jet aluminum hubs and are farely cheap... Otherwise I have some spares that I could get rid off $2.5/pair ... I just don't know how much shipping is going to cost.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

No bad felings from here
Your arms are creating the angle but the rearhubs are angled too.
The stock setup gives you 4 deg of rear toe where the 2 deg comes from the arms and 2 deg from the rear hubs. You can try to swap the rear hubs and see your toe change. There are 2 diff. rear knuckles for the Cuda (R3) 6311 and 6313, were the later is 1 deg compared to the org. 2 deg. You CAN'T SEE the diff on the knuckle... you will need to install it and messaure your toe on the car
Regarding the Xennon conversion, most people find it better than the org. R2 but it depends a lot on where you race, the best part of the conversion is the motor mount the will save you some stripped spurgears compared to the org. R2 motormount.

Later
Claus

Originally Posted by xray racer
hey everyone,

just finished rebuilding my R2 and cleaning EVERYTHING lol

just a few quick questions if you wouldnt mind:

how do you guys all successfully and precisely get the rear toe-in angle right??? with the offset pivot ball adjustment etc??? i have the right toe at 2deg and left at 1deg but i cant get the left to 2

also, i asked previously about swapping left and right rear hubs-whether if was possible or not and was told no because they are angled... but as far as i can see its the arms that create the angle isnt it? when they mount on the pilow balls. I've seen nothing that suggests the hubs are angled but its noticable that the arms are. no disrespect to the person who answered my question previously- thank you, but i just cant figure it out

FINALLY (sorry to bother you all haha)... the xenon conversion is the way to go to make the R2 better right??? a long with aluminium parts. Would anyone have and pics and a price for the conversion??? and/or other aluminium parts?

thank you again very much, im still trying to get my head around this car so your help is much appreciated

cheers,

robbie
Old 11-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

hey buddy,

thanx for that... and yeh i did find out - you were right! haha sorry to doubt u in the first place... i stuck a left on there and it almost points straight haha

thanx for the input... appreciate it

only problem is i need to find somewhere to get parts now!... everywhere seems to be out of stock and i dont think there is an alex racing distributor in australia

anywayz, thanx again guys, i'll see how it goes on the track

cheers,
robbie
Old 11-10-2005, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

one more try...
I still have some of the aluminium outdrives left for sale.
Send me a PM or email and I will give you a really good price.

Cheers
Chris
Old 11-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Heya, I have way too many touring cars and need to narrow them down, I am looking at getting into the 1/18 scale during the indoor season so my barracudas must go. I have an R2 and R3 with a ton of parts if anyone is interested LMK would be willing to trade them for some mini touring cars prefer xray but open to offers. Can get pics if anyone is interested. Thanks Gene
Old 11-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I might be interested,I have an Xray that has some hop ups on it,Chassis,motor,and a few other parts,It's almost RTR,Just needs a reciever,I would be interested in the R3 and spares.The speed controller is new,2 or 3 runs on it.The car has not been run much,only on a foam race track.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

hey everyone, me again! haha

just another quick question, i just bought a bunch of parts for my barracuda R2 (courtesy of rcmonk- awesome guy to deal with , thank you! )

i was just wondering if the front and rear arms can be used EITHER left or right??? or do they have a particular side??? i havent found any markings on them to suggest they have to stay on left or right...

cheers guys,

thanx

robbie
Old 11-30-2005, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Hey,

Front and rear arms can be used either LEFT or RIGHT ... same

Regards,
Mark
Old 12-19-2005, 06:34 AM
kfa
Tech Apprentice

This thread is awfully quiet - is there anybody still running Barracudas ?

//Kaare
Old 12-19-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

But offcourse we are

It's just that theres not that much new stuff out about the car anymore so the thread is pretty quiet..
Will you be racing on thursday ?

Claus
Old 12-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Yep, quite some people still running them locally and in the National Championships too.

Current Championship Standings ...
- Beginners Stock Class - 2nd (R2 Xenon) & 6th (R3)
- Super Stock Class - 7th (R3) & 11th (R3)
Old 12-19-2005, 07:12 AM
kfa
Tech Apprentice

Hi Claus!

Originally Posted by stjerno
But offcourse we are

It's just that theres not that much new stuff out about the car anymore so the thread is pretty quiet..
Will you be racing on thursday ?

Claus
Don't know about thursday yet - i'll let you know.

//Kaare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.