Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alinement problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy Alinement problems

hey all, i have a t - maxx, that has been run long and hard, and now, it just doesnt go in a straight line anymore. i have tried to adjust the toe in, but it still turns to one side or the other... i notice that when i turn, the wheels turn, but dont go all the way back. i think this it the main problem.

is there a way to make the servo turn the wheels all the way back to "neutral" position and with prescision? any ideas or comments would be neeeeeeeeeeeeee-toe!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

check all your ball cups and your srews that have to do with the stearing, if there worn out or loose ,the parts will just sit where ever they please and wont allow it to go straight, or it could be that your servo is getting a bit tired and isnt strong enough now to re-center everything.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Initiate

everything is good and tight, i see some of those high torque servos on ebay and hobbystores, would one of those be a good idea?

by the way, my maxx is completely stock if you didnt know.

thanks!!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

this is what i would do. disconnect the steering linkage from the servo so you can turn the servo but nothing moves. set up your turn buckles so your tires toe in just a little bit. i think 1-2 degrees if i remember right. now turn your truck and remote on. on the remote you have a steering trim setting, set that to netral/0/straight up and down whatever u want to call it. now go back to your servo and reconnect the linkage with the wheels straight. now try your truck out and adjust the knob on the remote untill it goes straight again!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joey2*41/4
everything is good and tight, i see some of those high torque servos on ebay and hobbystores, would one of those be a good idea?

by the way, my maxx is completely stock if you didnt know.

thanks!!!!
Going with the crowd on this one... If you do not have high torque servos for steering you need to upgrade.... From what I read MT stock steering servo's are not the greatest and wear out fast.

I use Hightech servos with steel gears.. Just my suggestion...
Old 01-14-2006, 01:24 AM
Suspended

One of the biggest causes of what your describing is when you tighten the pivot ball allen screws that screw into the steering knuckle after the pivot ball goes in, if they are to tight it will bind the hell out of your steering.Loosen them up a half of a turn or so and let me know if it helped.they will also bind your suspention travel at the same time.If your not sure of what I am talking about I will find the part # for them so you can refer to your manual to find them.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

few possibilities :

a) your left tire could be softer than the other or otherwise. this could steer the vehicle to left or right. happen to me once where somehow my front left tire is softer than the front right....likely it was due to water after repeated washing. The foam inside just get softer overtime.

b) your radio controller steering dual rate level is set low. increasing the D/R would increase the turning radius.

c) if you are using digital remote controlle, try adjusting the % of the turning radius as desired.

hope it helps...

cheers!
Old 01-14-2006, 05:14 AM
ade
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Also check our servo saver- it could just be weak not that it has been used!

Hope this helps.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

sorry for the delay.

i took my intire maxx apart and cleaned it, i looked at the steering assembly, and i dont think its the servo anymore. the two pole things move around where they shouldnt, plus the servosaver is, i think, worn out. i thiink i will replace both, and see what happens.

i think these are worn out, heres a link of what
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSP48&P=7

are there any metal ones?

Thank you all for your responses!!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

yes there is! do not buy that rinky dink traxxas kit again!! it thats prob the biggest problem with the steering on maxx trucks! proline make a decent kit, you can find it on ebay for about 40-50 bucks. but UE makes the best kit there is for this truck! its a little more exspensive but its worth every penny! and if you check out the UE forums you can normally fine a good used one for 40-50 bucks, and even used UE is still the best out there

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...ore/13601.html

hmm the proline steering kit is going pretty cheap on ebay right now, you might want to snatch one up while you can!

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ing&category0=
Old 01-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks! ill snatch one! problem solved.
THANK YOU ALL!!!