Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any issues with Losi rear brake rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Any issues with Losi rear brake rotors?

I have the 8T 1.0 and my brakes wore out, so I installed the new pads and rotors for the 2.0. after 1 race the rear rotor had started to twist on the outdrive. It was causing some binding when rolling it. I thought I got a bad rotor, so i had my local hobby shop order me new rotors. After a long day of racing and a 30min. main, the new rear rotor had done the same thing, except this time it spun completely around on the cup and was not helping when braking. I called Losi and asked them, and they said that they had no complaints of this. I asked him if It was possible to have the rear brakes adjusted up to tight (which I don't think I do), he said no, all it would do is just lock up the rear wheels. I have the brakes applying as hard as i can just prior to the wheels locking (they stilll spin when at full brake), and I am using the light weight outdrives. The brakes are not dragging when unapplied I have them set with the amount of play the addendium says to. Anyone else having or seen this issue?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hard to advise for sure without looking at it but my rotors are a fairly tight fit on the outdrives. Hard to imagine that area wearing fast unless there is a ton of slop in that fit to cause that hole to enlarge fast.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I ruined a set of rotors once in the exact same manor. I had the brake pads to loose. Sounds like you need to tighten your pads up. If your pads are to loose they will flop around on the bottom side. Which will make them not catch the outdrive properly allowing for them to slip. It's kinda like not inserting a hex head all the way into the screw. It's going to strip its just a matter of when.

Last edited by vladconnery; 06-07-2009 at 07:41 AM.