Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree348Likes

CAL RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank you both for the replies and just FYI as of this writing amain has both 32 & 34 TP tires in stock.

So nothig wrong with TP 34s per say....so temps on the chart are of the track surface and not air temp then?
Old 03-20-2022, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Stopped by this place today and now decided we need some updated cars for on road racing 🤦🏻‍♂️
Old 03-21-2022, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just found out today that OCRC closed, I am beyond shocked. Been going there for years with my off road electrics. I am not about to drive to SD to their track so selling all my Off Road stuff and going On Road. What chassis is most popular at CAL? Looking to buy
Old 03-21-2022, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by fast_gc8
I just found out today that OCRC closed, I am beyond shocked. Been going there for years with my off road electrics. I am not about to drive to SD to their track so selling all my Off Road stuff and going On Road. What chassis is most popular at CAL? Looking to buy
Mugen, Xray, ARC, Awesomatix and Yokomo, all are good chassis.
TC5Driven and Ken95360 like this.
Old 03-23-2022, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast_gc8
seems like a really quick decision to switch to on road. I would wait as there have been quite a few different talks of Ocrc replacements coming. Considering they closed three months ago and it’s been 6 months since talks of them closing began, you don’t need to make such a drastic decision at the drop of a hat.
Old 03-29-2022, 01:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I didn't pull up anything searching. Who took over CAL after Charlie passed? Seems to be doing great!
Old 03-29-2022, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I didn't pull up anything searching. Who took over CAL after Charlie passed? Seems to be doing great!
Mike Rydwell of Exotek fame.

And yes, he has been doing quite well with the track.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get back into RC racing, seems like there are very few tracks left in the LA/OC area. Saddening to say the least. I see there was recent questions about tires from someone else, a lot has changed since I last raced On-Road I see (I last raced at SoCal in the early 2Ks, to give you an idea the last car I drove at SoCal was a Shcumacher Mission). My last Off-road attempt was at WCRC about a week before they closed. I love the precision of On-Road vs Off-Road. I am probably going to drop by this weekend and check it out. I was just wondering about tires, inserts, things of that nature. More than likely will be able to come up with my own setups over time, just looking for a base-line idea of what to order with the car I choose (Likely a Yokomo at this point since Team Associated doesn't seem to make a touring car any longer). At any rate, I appreciate any help that anyone can provide.
Old 09-16-2022, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Most of the racers run solaris 36 or team powers 36

Old 10-08-2022, 12:23 AM
Tech Initiate

So I've been out the last couple times the track was opened... First time out with the new car, I set it on the track completely box stock setup and it was suggested that I race in the novice class, that was a good idea as I was about 2 seconds off the pace of the sportsman 21.5 class. I learned a lot about the car, went home and made some changes (mainly softening up the front suspension a little bit, also a little heavier diff oil), came back for the practice last weekend, and those changes gave me a bit more than 2 seconds (also turned ~400 laps of practice).

Looking forward to next weekend out at the track!
Old 12-04-2022, 02:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10_goldNwhite
So I've been out the last couple times the track was opened... First time out with the new car, I set it on the track completely box stock setup and it was suggested that I race in the novice class, that was a good idea as I was about 2 seconds off the pace of the sportsman 21.5 class. I learned a lot about the car, went home and made some changes (mainly softening up the front suspension a little bit, also a little heavier diff oil), came back for the practice last weekend, and those changes gave me a bit more than 2 seconds (also turned ~400 laps of practice). Looking forward to next weekend out at the track!

What car did u end up with?​​​​​​​
Old 03-02-2023, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What chassis are guys running in 4wd mini?
Old 03-06-2023, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default 4wd mini

Originally Posted by WhiteLX
What chassis are guys running in 4wd mini?
​​​​​​
Most people are using the 3racing m4 or the m5
Old 03-18-2023, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default New Layout Ideas

Hey everyone,

Just a few doodles I drew up for some fresh never have I ever seen this layout ideas:

Idea 1 Clockwise
  • Very much what we are used to at cal raceway, except there is a interesting curve full of yellow dots in the inside

Idea 2 Also Clockwise
  • Features 2 mid size corners in the infield with one classic for cal raceway and a new one made of all yellow dots
  • Back straight is shortened and feautures a backstraight size we have never used extended with 2 big yellow dots
  • "Personally, this is one I would love to drive on this year (please mike!)"

lbckevin likes this.
Old 03-19-2023, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default More New Layout Ideas

Layout Idea 3 Counter Clockwise:
  • Slight Variation of my Layout 2 Idea, but with an extension of the right side corners were used to
  • The new 2nd corner slightly smaller but in reverse and with dots on your right now

Layout Idea 4 clockwise:
  • Features a ultra tight left 180 degree hair pin
  • Has an interesting middle swoop covered in dots with walls on both sides

Layout Idea 5 Clockwise:
  • Pretty similar to Layout 4 idea but with a much smoother infield yellow dot sweeper
  • Pretty fast layout with basically 3 sweepers

Layout Idea 6 Counter clockwise:
  • Features a new turn 3 right hander covered in dots

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.