Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MOOR CLUB RACING

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any of you guys had any experience with either of these motors picco p9evo2 or Mega motors. Looking for a good reliable engine not hard to tune.Thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mtx3ron
Any of you guys had any experience with either of these motors picco p9evo2 or Mega motors. Looking for a good reliable engine not hard to tune.Thanks

Ron, your best bet will be a novarossi engine, very reliable, and for a easy to tune engine they are one of the easier engine to tune and they hold thier tune better than most. Just keep in mind Ron it will take some track time to learn the right way to tune any engine !

THE DUDE!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I second that motion. The Picco's are some what punchy in my opinion. I ran them all last year. Most picco's require a little fatter on the low end. If your not used to tuning this way A picco can be troublesome. Pound for pound I like the power band of the Novarossi. Great power and extremely smooth thru out the powerband. If I had a second choice it would be the OS line the Spec II looks promising. What ever you decide on any of the club members would be more than willing to help you get a tune on your engine. Hopes this helps
Old 03-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Elliot
Good suggestion on the OS Motors!! I forgot all about them!
Old 03-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Good to hear there will be another MORR season. I'll be heading over as much as I can.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Thanks guys for all your advice I already run a novarossi and it is a great engine ,holds a tune and very reliable my concern is it is a offroad .21 buggy engine p5 . Not sure how competetive this engine will be racing onroad .
Old 03-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Schedule

Watch for a schedule soon. Next couple of days
Old 03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Thanks guys for all your advice I already run a novarossi and it is a great engine ,holds a tune and very reliable my concern is it is a offroad .21 buggy engine p5 . Not sure how competetive this engine will be racing onroad .
The difference between offroad 21's and onroad 21's is Off road 21's are more tuned towards the low end of the RPM range. Onroad 21's have the best of both worlds. Just expect an offroad 21 to have great low end power but not mind blow top end. Honestly I think you will be okay.

Elliott
Old 03-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Elliot I like saving my money.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up MORR New Thread 08

Please check out the new thread for the 08 season.

thanks
Joe
Old 03-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

P5 is a great buggy engine, lots of torque with good top-end (by buggy standards). On short tracks, there would be no down-side. I have run buggy engines in 1/8 on-road before (being a tight-wad, trying to save a buck). On one car, I could not get the two-speed adjusted. The RPM was to low for the available adjustment. Heavier springs were required. In general, a buggy engine will give less RPM, more torque(actually less torque, but it occurs at much lower RPM so it feels like more), and more fuel economy.
The on-road .21s have more advance for exhaust timeing (higher port/opens sooner) and more advanced induction port timing. The on-road engine will produce more peak torque/HP/RPM and fuel consumption.
If you run larger pinions and make apropriate adjustments to your centax and 2 spd, you should be OK. Even with the taller gearing, you may not have long enough legs for the bigger tracks.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help really good info.