Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Have you tried contacting KO USA direct? They offer great customer service!
Agreed...
Old 04-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

yeah they normally give very good service!! but I've sent an email to KO PROPO Staff and i didn't even receive an email reply from him this time
Old 04-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

why don't you try calling the office, and talking to "Ko Propo staff" over the phone?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi

Anyone know where I can find the adjustment unit for the old VFS2000 ESC ?

Thanks
Ernest
Old 04-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
why don't you try calling the office, and talking to "Ko Propo staff" over the phone?
I would but the problem is i'm from New Zealand and i believe Robert has read my email.

I just can't believe i have to send the whole ESC back to just replace the switch case which is only held by 2 screws (or in my case, by tapes only)

Anyone got a dead VFS1 that wants to sell cheaply? or any suggestion where can i get a replacement/equivalent switch case?
Old 04-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by yellow15
I would but the problem is i'm from New Zealand and i believe Robert has read my email.

I just can't believe i have to send the whole ESC back to just replace the switch case which is only held by 2 screws (or in my case, by tapes only)

Anyone got a dead VFS1 that wants to sell cheaply? or any suggestion where can i get a replacement/equivalent switch case?
actually i have a DEAD ONE! go back several posts.. you'll see how i destroyed mine.

PM me.. we'll work out the details. BTW. i dont suggest trying to fix the switch yourself. might be better to send it back to Ko. i know you only have one esc. but imagine the money you save by not racing because you didnt have that esc you can use that money to buy more tires or a new motor or something?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

AWESOME! oh yeah now i remember reading you saying you fried your VFS1

my switch isn't really damaged at all, it's just the case that's broken, the PCB and all the components are in good shape and i do have a masters degree in electronic and electrical engineering so don't worry i won't do stupid stuff.

but imagine the money you save by not racing because you didnt have that esc you can use that money to buy more tires or a new motor or something?
How come i didn't think of that before? Using the same theory, maybe i should send my VFS1 back to fix (using the slowest shipping optionl) .. then after i get it back, i'll send my KO EX-10 back to KO to get it fixed again using the slowest shipping method (the lap timer function is faulty since brand new) and i will probably save up enough $$$ for another car

haaa anyway, i'll PM you now thanks
Old 04-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

i'm gonna get a new VFS-1 pro tom while i send my masami model for check-up.

i was wondering what is the stock setting of the ordinary vfs-1? is it good enough for mod motors?

Last edited by S-T-R-l-K-E-R; 04-28-2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:59 AM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by S-T-R-l-K-E-R
i'm gonna get a new VFS-1 tom while i send my masami model for check-up.

i was wondering what is the stock setting of the ordinary vfs-1? is it good enough for mod motors?
I think its freq 36 across the whole 32 steps, abit too soft for stock. Alright for 19T, should be good for mod since its smoother right??
Old 04-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by TFR
I think its freq 36 across the whole 32 steps, abit too soft for stock. Alright for 19T, should be good for mod since its smoother right??

shouldnt it be 64 steps?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Lord

shouldnt it be 64 steps?
there are 64 frequency stages across 32 steps on the throttle profile.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

ah-okey!!!

hebiki- so the stock settings for the pro version is ok for mod? masami's settings are not that great for our tight track the power burst comes out midway of the straights and mid corner of sweepers making the car less consistent.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Lord

ah-okey!!!

hebiki- so the stock settings for the pro version is ok for mod? masami's settings are not that great for our tight track the power burst comes out midway of the straights and mid corner of sweepers making the car less consistent.
yah with 36 straight across... the feel will be linear. you should be okay. if you go with that, and your track has a long straight.. raise the last 4-6 stages slowly to get more efficiency... and you can always lower the first 2-4 stages for some initial punch at the start of races. of course gearing is important raise/lower the entire profile if you need more runtime or if you have more remaining after your run.

masami's settings might be for the track at the IFMAR Worlds last year. i havent seen it. robert can you confirm?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

hebiki - i think the masami settings are for 1/12 cars.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:03 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

can someone post a link to the instructions for the VFS 1

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.