Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree485Likes

Yokomo YZ-2

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-11-2021, 01:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lexusbest
Welcome to the YZ2 Wiki!

Features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1
  • Long specification for dirt Main chassis Inheriting the chassis cut of dirt specification, it is longer with the same wheelbase as CAL3.
  • Aluminum front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTM2B F2 body.
  • JConcepts ASTRO High Clearance 7inch Wing.
Features for the lastest specification YZ-2CAL3.1
  • Long specification main chassis for carpets. Long wheelbase that enables even higher speeds.
  • Steel front suspension mount.
  • Z2-DTMBL S2 Lightweight body.
  • Z2-CAL2W LMR Wing.
Common features for the lastest specification YZ-2DTM3.1 / YZ-2CAL3.1
  • The conventional position and the position of the suspension arm pin 1 mm higher can be selected on the front and back of the front suspension mount.
  • Bulkhead integrated side plate with increased rigidity.
  • The kingpin position has been changed with the new steering hub carrier, the axle position has been lengthened by 1 mm, and a steering stopper has also been added.
  • Battery holder that is easy to adjust according to the height of the battery.
  • Separate the rear mount base and upper arm holder to increase the flex around the rear and improve traction.
  • Z2-018-5 5-hole shock mounting specification Rear shock tower.
  • S4-S1S 3.0mm shaft specification front shock.
  • S4-S1M 3.0mm shaft specification rear short shock.
  • S4-008R5B L5 / LD Rear suspension arm (Φ3.5 pin).
  • Z2-01069 Rear universal shaft (69mm bone).

Setup Sheets can be found here

DT CA DTM parts comparison

YZ2T Tranny Conversion List

YOKZ2-300RFT
YOKZ2-302CT
YOKZ2-302T
YOKZ2-304T
YOKZ2-503I
YOKZ2-0023

CAL3 manual
DTM3 manual

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Glad it helped. Talking to people about droop is like kicking a dead horse. I'll just continue to turn heads and leave them wondering what I'm running.
There will be three of us with YZ2's coming from Reno for the race at A-main this weekend. I will be on a secret mission to kick your horse and steal your secrets so I don't have to turn my head or wonder what you're running.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Glad it helped. Talking to people about droop is like kicking a dead horse. I'll just continue to turn heads and leave them wondering what I'm running.
I once got whiplash from turning my head so hard wondering what clint was running. I couldnt drive an automobile for a week and had to ride a horse to get to the track. Someone tried to kick my horse but my horse reared back and drooped him.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fullsyzz
There will be three of us with YZ2's coming from Reno for the race at A-main this weekend. I will be on a secret mission to kick your horse and steal your secrets so I don't have to turn my head or wonder what you're running.
You guys coming down on Friday? If so see you then.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

You guys coming down on Friday? If so see you then.
As long as Jack doesn't droop my horse we will be there Friday morning.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just picked up a YZ-2, I can't find if there is anything special that needs to be done to move the shocks to the rear of the tower. Also, what weight diff fluid are you guys running for medium bite.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by masher81
Just picked up a YZ-2, I can't find if there is anything special that needs to be done to move the shocks to the rear of the tower. Also, what weight diff fluid are you guys running for medium bite.

Thanks!
Its in the manual I believe its in the last few pages. Most of us are switching to ball diffs. I would start at 3K and adjust from there.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Ok, I was reading through the manual online and didn't see it. Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not a huge 2 buggy fan, but like to have on in the stable to play around with and keep my skills sharp. (Much prefer nitro 1/8th scale). With that said I would prefer the ease of maintenance of a gear diff. Even if I have to sacrifice a little performance.

My home track is very high bite though.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Ok, I was reading through the manual online and didn't see it. Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not a huge 2 buggy fan, but like to have on in the stable to play around with and keep my skills sharp. (Much prefer nitro 1/8th scale). With that said I would prefer the ease of maintenance of a gear diff. Even if I have to sacrifice a little performance.

My home track is very high bite though.
Gear diffs in 1/10th applications require constant fluid changes and care. My last ball diff lasted 4 months without ever being touched, and was buttery smooth for the entire time. A friend that was running a gear diff kept having to change fluid to keep the diff action consistent from day to day.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you build the car to kit specs it doesn't have enough droop IMO. From day one I mentioned lack of droop. My car came alive once drop was added front and rear. There's a reason why guys want to take my car to the Cactus Classic.....lol
How are you adding droop? Looking at your last setup sheet you posted, you are running 2mm spacers in the shock. Are you unscrewing the eyelets? When I compared my shocks to your setup sheet I was very close, maybe a 1mm shorter in rear, but a lot shorter in front on the total shock length. I have 1mm spacer in front shocks. Does that seemingly little amount change the handling drastically?
Old 03-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Socket
Gear diffs in 1/10th applications require constant fluid changes and care. My last ball diff lasted 4 months without ever being touched, and was buttery smooth for the entire time. A friend that was running a gear diff kept having to change fluid to keep the diff action consistent from day to day.
I wish I could have that kind of luck with ball diffs. I am lucky to get a club race out of them.

I went ahead and ordered the ball diff too. I'll bite the bullet if I have too.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I wish I could have that kind of luck with ball diffs. I am lucky to get a club race out of them.

I went ahead and ordered the ball diff too. I'll bite the bullet if I have too.

Masher, you probably have a sense of this already, but you may be running your ball diffs too loose or not breaking them in slowly enough. Even if you're an old had at this, it's helpful to periodically have a friend check your diff to see if your diff feels right to him.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
How are you adding droop? Looking at your last setup sheet you posted, you are running 2mm spacers in the shock. Are you unscrewing the eyelets? When I compared my shocks to your setup sheet I was very close, maybe a 1mm shorter in rear, but a lot shorter in front on the total shock length. I have 1mm spacer in front shocks. Does that seemingly little amount change the handling drastically?
Unscrewing the eyelet is how I have been adjusting droop. It's quicker than a shock tear down.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

When are yokomo parts coming back in stock Will S. ?
Old 03-04-2015, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Masher, you probably have a sense of this already, but you may be running your ball diffs too loose or not breaking them in slowly enough. Even if you're an old had at this, it's helpful to periodically have a friend check your diff to see if your diff feels right to him.
+1 and realizing that the tiniest tweek on a diff can make all the difference in the world. Sometimes just a turn that you can feel but not see is that sweet spot between longevity and burning a diff.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
When are yokomo parts coming back in stock Will S. ?
Shoot I would like to know lol I have parts on backorder I may need this weekend...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.