Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Team Associated RC8T3.1e 2018 Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I run AE Aluminum Pillow Balls upfront. Id at least start with the top ones for less unsuspended weight and lower, more centralized CG.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I also run 4mm of spacing and a longer upper shock mount screw. This releives the rear shocks and allows the rear to travel with less bind.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

I reccomend stiffer springs on most tracks. Especially the rear end, try yellow AE springs. Make sure they are V2 springs which have a slightly smaller Diameter.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Awesome. Thank you very much for the set-up tips. And I did hear from a few people that stiffer springs help. So I will look into everything you mentioned. Also, is that stock plastic servo horn any good or do you guys get an aluminum one?
Old 05-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Rookie

I just purchased one also. Was wondering if when at the track if it is like 1/10 scale with the motor. Gear accordingly, motor temps? Also any set up tips or where to look at different set ups. I will be purchasing the pillow balls and other upgrades already in this thread. Can’t wait to drive it. Got it for my son want to make the move to nitro, and figured this would get him use to the size of the truck and a way bigger track. Thanks guys
Old 05-17-2019, 08:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/8 brushless motor

What’s up guys I have a RC8T3.1e on the way with a rx8 gen 3 and a reedy motor 2000 kv. Was wondering on opinions on motors. I know reedy is a good motor but, how about the trinity’s, or other brands? Another question, is 2000 kv a good size. I heard 1900 was a good fit just don’t know how much more 2000 kv is on power, and the battery should hold longer with lower kv, right? I know in 10th scale at least in stock the more you pay the better the motor. Just looking for some input thanks.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:49 PM
Suspended

any of the major brands of motors are very good, HW, Tekin, performa, orion(hw) etc.

if you ever get the chance, try a HW xr8 series(sct or plus) and a matching HW g2 motor in full sensored mode, smoooooth as..
Old 05-24-2019, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Finally ran mine. I'm happy with it. Tons of steering. Shocked by that. Handles really well, responsive etc. My only complaint is the suspension is rather soft. I know that was already covered by people who already own the truck, so I now know that I need stiffer springs. So I'll get that done for sure. Otherwise, it turns and jumps great. I'm totally happy with my purchase of this rig. It's going to be a good summer!
Old 06-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AJH387
Awesome. Thank you very much for the set-up tips. And I did hear from a few people that stiffer springs help. So I will look into everything you mentioned. Also, is that stock plastic servo horn any good or do you guys get an aluminum one?
Definetly upgrade to the AE aluminum servo saver and the AE metal servo horn.
AJH387 likes this.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Conspiricyjoe
I just purchased one also. Was wondering if when at the track if it is like 1/10 scale with the motor. Gear accordingly, motor temps? Also any set up tips or where to look at different set ups. I will be purchasing the pillow balls and other upgrades already in this thread. Can’t wait to drive it. Got it for my son want to make the move to nitro, and figured this would get him use to the size of the truck and a way bigger track. Thanks guys
I run 15,16t pinion on most tracks in my area. medium size tracks but if you need more on the straight go up a tooth if you never touch full throttle go down a tooth. Also keep an eye on heat like 1/10.
Set up sheets are available on the AE website. rc10.com Look up the Truggy you have and click on "setup" find one that is similar to the track you are running. I always tell my boys to make one change at a time so they learn what each change does.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AJH387
Finally ran mine. I'm happy with it. Tons of steering. Shocked by that. Handles really well, responsive etc. My only complaint is the suspension is rather soft. I know that was already covered by people who already own the truck, so I now know that I need stiffer springs. So I'll get that done for sure. Otherwise, it turns and jumps great. I'm totally happy with my purchase of this rig. It's going to be a good summer!
Try 1.3 tapered pistons and yellow springs all around. I use 42.5 AE oil up front and 37.5 - 40AE oil in the rear (depends on track too). You can go up in weight a little as summer heat approaches
Old 06-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+1 for the 1.3 tapered pistons.

I loaded up the 8x1.3 tapereds and it made the handling sooo much better on my home track which is loamy, blown out, rutted and bumpy. Still trying to lock in the rear though. Thinking of slightly softer rear oil and a softer rear spring. Currently running the Mugen fronts and HB rears which really made the truck come alive but still slippery on my track.

On a side note, for anyone thats seen the Amain Manufacturers Cup this past weekend...how the heck do you get this truck to rotate like that!!!!
VinMoto likes this.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
+1 for the 1.3 tapered pistons.

I loaded up the 8x1.3 tapereds and it made the handling sooo much better on my home track which is loamy, blown out, rutted and bumpy. Still trying to lock in the rear though. Thinking of slightly softer rear oil and a softer rear spring. Currently running the Mugen fronts and HB rears which really made the truck come alive but still slippery on my track.

On a side note, for anyone thats seen the Amain Manufacturers Cup this past weekend...how the heck do you get this truck to rotate like that!!!!
Just remember the etruggy is heavier than the Nitro version when you add the battery. Heavy springs are a must in the rear. I like the AE yellows
Old 06-05-2019, 09:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

With heavier springs i usually stiffen the dampening too... a little heavier oil
Old 06-07-2019, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VinMoto
With heavier springs i usually stiffen the dampening too... a little heavier oil
thats strange. I gained more rear traction once going to a lighter oil. I believe The HB orange are stiffer than the kit blue springs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.