Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
what do u think of the b44 >

what do u think of the b44

what do u think of the b44

Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

wow......
if your happy with your xxx4 then you must not race on a very rough surface.. i hate my xxx4.. thus why its on ebay.
im racing my rcproduct designs tc30 v3
Old 11-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
wow......
if your happy with your xxx4 then you must not race on a very rough surface.. i hate my xxx4.. thus why its on ebay.
There is a reason why I am looking at new cars.

All I said was it was balanced fine (As in it has no tendency to steer one direction more or less effectively than the other). I didn't say it was great on a rough track.

Actually the biggest reason I am looking for a new car is parts availability is beginning to get questionable. I only club race 4WD electric. I run the 8th scale in the bigger races.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

let me tell u if you like stick packs or sided by side pack and dont like saddle packs then stick with your stick pack cars (zx5 and academy)

i can honestly say there is not much difference between the two types of cars in terms of handling. the zx5 and academy is strong too.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

the b44 is a great car.. theres no doubt about that.. and i respect your reasons on why you dont wanna get it because you dont wanna have to buy another pack.. but thats just silly..
if you dont wanna smack down for a new lipo i have a bunch of great running 3300s. and a 3700 thats ballistic and a unmatched 4200 id sell to ya that way you can have the latest and greatest... he he but since i want 60 shipped for em all.. id be silly to not just go lipo.
i plan on getting a b44 when i feel that the tc30 is holding me back . which i dont think it ever will.. its a bitchin wheeler..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

And I agree with you on the TC30. It is up there in price though.

My current "1st choice" is a standard BJ4 with the stick chassis. I can't really think of a way that having the mid motor would make THAT big of a difference considering any advantage it would have will be lost in my lack of consistency as a driver (which I admit to). I'd like to spend less on a car than what the BJ4 costs BUT I'd have to spend more in the long run to go with the B44.

The Kyosho is also a thought and I admit the Academy intrigues me but having never driven either I am not sure. I have driven a BJ4 with lipo stick and loved it.

And I just don't see how not wanting to buy MORE lipos is silly. You yourself said not many are needed so why would I add to the pile of stuff?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
I need 2 if I don't want to charge at the track (We are going to long electric mains). So I need to buy 1 battery for the 2 qualifiers and 1 for the main.

What is your point? I know how much it costs. What you are missing is that if I buy something that accepts a stick pack all I need is the car. I have everything else.

Once again - all I am looking to buy is the rolling chassis. I don't need any other items. However - I would need to buy 2 batteries if I bought a car that only took saddle packs.
I bet u could get away with 1!
Ya I argree if u want to use a stick pack do not get b44.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

unless you have a spare stick pack layin round i dont see why you would want to rush charging lipos between rounds.. using one pack for two cars.
but to each his own..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Initiate

I almost didn't buy a B44 bacause of the saddle packs. I only run Lipo. I do kinda wish it wasn't a mid motor but it is still a fantastic handling buggy with lipo saddle packs.

I wonder if someone made a conversion to a rear mounted motor if it would be popular?

I looked at Academy, etc but i allready have a B4 and a T4 and have allready been able to steal parts in a bind.

I have a XXX4 also, it is fragile and doesn't handle bumps nearly as well. With lipo in it it's not bad at all but with NIMH there is a big handleing difference.

I thought i was gonna need some weight in the back but it is great how it is. I haven't driven that many but it jumps better than any wheeler i've tried so far with light lipos in it.(rc18, xxx4, 8ight t) That doesn't mean it couldn't be better. Instead of adding weight i wonder if the weight could be moved back more, or if the reason it corners well is because of the current weight distribution.

So what is it that makes a xx4 handle so much better than a xxx4? How is the suspension geo different?

If/when Lipo becomes legal will everyone change their 4WD cars back to stick pack style?

Krispy

Last edited by Krispy; 11-26-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
unless you have a spare stick pack layin round i dont see why you would want to rush charging lipos between rounds.. using one pack for two cars.
but to each his own..
I already covered this higher up on the page. 2 packs. 1 for the 2 short qualifiers (the pack will last for both) and then a fresh pack for the main.

No need to charge at the track.

So this is why I said I would need to buy 2 batteries if I got a car that used saddle packs. If it was only 1 pack that I needed things would change a bit because a B44 with a single saddle pack is cheaper than a BJ4.

EDIT - Just realized you were responding to jas, not me.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Ha! Way too much to ask.

I too am possibly in the market for a new 4WD and just like you, the B44 and BJ4 WE are NOT on my list because I won't be running NiMH. I'd love to just get a B44 and be done with it but I can't use it. Period.
hey guys, there are lipo saddle packs that you can buy, so what is the big disadvantage
Old 11-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Isn't it possible to use a Maxamps saddle pack lipo like a stick pack???

One or two of the guys at my club who use 6-cell NiMH packs have all their batteries soldered in a saddle pack configuration so they can use it on either of their B4/T4 and BJ4WE.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasburrito
I did not notice it locking. I did notice the steering hub hitting the arm a bit though.I could grind?

I did notice the front diving hard, witch I liked. Very impressed so far.
It sounds like you guys with the locking steering and bump steer is,,,,, YOU HAVE THE CASTER BLOCKS ON THE WRONG SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you do. I know the manual sucks. But look close at the pictures and you'll find I'm right. My B44 went together so easy and no problems. But you have to be able to read pictures. Let me know what you find.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sght4
hey guys, there are lipo saddle packs that you can buy, so what is the big disadvantage
Originally Posted by jobo_ph
Isn't it possible to use a Maxamps saddle pack lipo like a stick pack???
Guys - re-read the page. We covered all this several times.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Guys - re-read the page. We covered all this several times.
Uhm, maybe you didn't get the point of my question...

I was talking about using the saddle pack config like in the attached picture (forgive the crude drawing). That way, you'd have a saddle pack that you can use on stick config or saddle config RC vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails what do u think of the b44-line-saddle.jpg  
Old 11-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Damn is this a battery disscussion or a disscussion on what we think of the b44.

Seriously quit your complaning about batteries. If you want the car bad enough, and you feel that you must have lipos, sell your extra parts that you dont use and buy an saddle pack lipo.

You dont need to run lipos, its not a necessity or a requirement, and the car will run with your other type of batteries.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.