Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen-Serpent or RC8T

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default Mugen-Serpent or RC8T

Looking for a new truggy, sold my losi 2.0T and want to try somthing differnt. looking at.............

serpent S811T

mugen MBX6T M-SPEC

RC8T FT

and really cant decide, money and parts availibility is not a big concern in my decision. i see 2 of the 3 are out of stock untill end of october, also noticed the serpent is the lightest one of the 3. but just can get past the ugly body on the serpent, the mugens are nice but heard they are a bit lazy on the track due to being heavy. then the rc8T comes to mind but heard they snap like twigs. so any help would be great from the guys who have run these! thanks guys! Mike
Old 10-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by inferno13
Looking for a new truggy, sold my losi 2.0T and want to try somthing differnt. looking at.............

serpent S811T

mugen MBX6T M-SPEC

RC8T FT

and really cant decide, money and parts availibility is not a big concern in my decision. i see 2 of the 3 are out of stock untill end of october, also noticed the serpent is the lightest one of the 3. but just can get past the ugly body on the serpent, the mugens are nice but heard they are a bit lazy on the track due to being heavy. then the rc8T comes to mind but heard they snap like twigs. so any help would be great from the guys who have run these! thanks guys! Mike
I can tell you first hand that the Mugen just barely makes the minimum weight for ROAR competition depending on the wheels and tires used. The truck is very responsive and precise and has a lot of adjustments to get the truck setup exactly how you want it. Some people seem to have problems with the front arms breaking, iv'e never had an issue and iv'e had some pretty bad wrecks. Parts quality is top notch. Here is a vid of the Mugen in action, it's the second place truck until the last lap....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOVuradnCO0

Also this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvaCE..._order&list=UL

Last edited by Slider30250; 10-11-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

serpent S811T

mugen MBX6T M-SPEC

RC8T FT

As far as the RC8T is concerned. I have the CE which I would get over the FT. I haven't heard anything about them snapping like a twig. I have beat the crap out of mine for over 2 race seasons and only broke the rear chassis brace. Also they do respond to any adjustments you make.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by sriley
As far as the RC8T is concerned. I have the CE which I would get over the FT. I haven't heard anything about them snapping like a twig. I have beat the crap out of mine for over 2 race seasons and only broke the rear chassis brace. Also they do respond to any adjustments you make.
thats the one i was looking at, the CE. But i do have a good idea what one i want. just wanted to hear some good things about it first...LOL, have been reading so much i cant see straight anymore
Old 10-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

serpent S811T

mugen MBX6T M-SPEC

RC8T FT

i think you got that part mixed up, the rc8t is the lazy and heavy truggy while the mugen's front arms are like century old twigs
Old 10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kai888
i think you got that part mixed up, the rc8t is the lazy and heavy truggy while the mugen's front arms are like century old twigs
GOOD LORD! The Mugen arms aren't that bad!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

thats the one i was looking at, the CE. But i do have a good idea what one i want. just wanted to hear some good things about it first...LOL, have been reading so much i cant see straight anymore
Yeah I went through the same thing. Everyone had a Losi and I was going from the MT class to Truggy. I also wanted something different. I'm glad I choose the RC8T. So far it's been good to me. Trust me when I say I beat the crap out of it, espeacially the first season when I was getting used to driving it.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by sriley
Yeah I went through the same thing. Everyone had a Losi and I was going from the MT class to Truggy. I also wanted something different. I'm glad I choose the RC8T. So far it's been good to me. Trust me when I say I beat the crap out of it, espeacially the first season when I was getting used to driving it.
i am 65% sure right now on the serpent. still reading
Old 10-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

i am 65% sure right now on the serpent. still reading
Ultimately whatever you decide to get, stick with it for a while and enjoy learning about the truck and just have fun.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

serpent S811T

mugen MBX6T M-SPEC

RC8T FT

I raced an RC8T CE most of the season and recently switched to a Mugen.

The RC8T is very planted, but a little lazy and really heavy. The mugen is super light, both truck setup in full race gear, the mugen was noticably lighter just by picking it up. The mugen has far more steering than the AE, and i felt it was way more stable, jumped better, etc.

The RC8T is bulletproof, cant hurt that truck. and so far the mugen is rock solid too. i took some pretty nasty spills this weekend, cased some jumps pretty hard and flat landed off a big jump plenty of times and didnt hurt anything
Old 10-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Have you considered the strr-evo?...really nice body
I have only just got it but think it will be the ducks nuts
Old 10-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Prophet

rc8t do not snap like a trig thats the first "gen rc8t" if anything i have no clue why people still believe that. I been running the rc8tce running it as electric at first as nitro its a tough truggy.

I whould remmend the rc8tce for the value, and parts support and lots of people run them at local tracks.

Oh yea the drivetrain and plastics wear pretty good
Old 10-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

my vote would be for...............(drum roll)....................................... serpent...

mugen and associated are good vehicles also.. you really cant go wrong with most of the currect truggy's out on the market.. jeremy
Old 10-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by megasaxon
I raced an RC8T CE most of the season and recently switched to a Mugen.

The RC8T is very planted, but a little lazy and really heavy. The mugen is super light, both truck setup in full race gear, the mugen was noticably lighter just by picking it up. The mugen has far more steering than the AE, and i felt it was way more stable, jumped better, etc.

The RC8T is bulletproof, cant hurt that truck. and so far the mugen is rock solid too. i took some pretty nasty spills this weekend, cased some jumps pretty hard and flat landed off a big jump plenty of times and didnt hurt anything

Yea i get what your saying about the RC8T CE feeling a little lazy but there are ways to fix it though . Im running my as electric now and to me it seems like it likes to be driven hard if anything . Now being heavy i dont think its really that bad espially if your running it as nitro its light to me . Now my converted RC8TCE is defielty heavyer, but planted as anything and can hang with the nitro truggys easy.

Slirey : Boy your not kidding the RC8T does react to adjustments for sure i changed my caster to 14 degress because it was to much steering for me.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by malcnz
Have you considered the strr-evo?...really nice body
I have only just got it but think it will be the ducks nuts
i did look at it, but the 820.00 price tag for a kit was a little decision maker.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
rc8t do not snap like a trig thats the first "gen rc8t" if anything i have no clue why people still believe that. I been running the rc8tce running it as electric at first as nitro its a tough truggy.

I whould remmend the rc8tce for the value, and parts support and lots of people run them at local tracks.

Oh yea the drivetrain and plastics wear pretty good
the one reason i dont want one " lots of peope run them at local track"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.