Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
R/C Nationals and Worlds for 2006 Pay-per-view? >

R/C Nationals and Worlds for 2006 Pay-per-view?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Nationals and Worlds for 2006 Pay-per-view?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default R/C Nationals and Worlds for 2006 Pay-per-view?

I have read a blip in a few magazines and they are saying something about Pay-per-view for this coming season. Anybody know anything about this?
Old 12-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

As secretary for the 2006 IFMAR 1/10th 200mm On Road World Championship we have not been contacted by any media outlet regarding Pay Per View coverage of the event.

Regards Alastair Walker
Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quozl
As secretary for the 2006 IFMAR 1/10th 200mm On Road World Championship we have not been contacted by any media outlet regarding Pay Per View coverage of the event.

Regards Alastair Walker
Alastair, will there be live news on the worlds website during the pre-worlds as well as the main event? We from afar are always starved for news during major racing events like this.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Alastair, will there be live news on the worlds website during the pre-worlds as well as the main event? We from afar are always starved for news during major racing events like this.
Yes, we are planning on having live updates on the website during the Pre Worlds but it depends on wether the broadband access can be installed into the track in time.

Obviously finishing the track & facility upgrades are taking precedence currently but we are hoping to have it done in time. If it isn't I will be updating results on a daily basis manually.

For the World Championship we will definately be having live updates and they will be up after each heat. There will also be broadband access at the facility for competitors to use as well as a wireless network for those with laptops and PDA's.

Regards Alastair
Old 12-14-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Look at page 125 of the January 2006 issue of Xtreme Rc Cars. Last line:
" which is scheduled for pay-per-view next year."

I'm looking for the other quotes, just can't find it right now.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quozl
Yes, we are planning on having live updates on the website during the Pre Worlds but it depends on wether the broadband access can be installed into the track in time.
Understood, broadband from trackside would be ideal.

Obviously finishing the track & facility upgrades are taking precedence currently but we are hoping to have it done in time. If it isn't I will be updating results on a daily basis manually.
Excellent, this is really good news!

For the World Championship we will definately be having live updates and they will be up after each heat. There will also be broadband access at the facility for competitors to use as well as a wireless network for those with laptops and PDA's.

Regards Alastair
Wish I could be there but we'll rely on your live updates I guess.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Look at page 125 of the January 2006 issue of Xtreme Rc Cars. Last line:
" which is scheduled for pay-per-view next year."

I'm looking for the other quotes, just can't find it right now.
rcfoolz, that is in reference to the MTX4 being a serious contender and therefore prepped for "prime-time" next year (as in "pay-per-view"). that's my interpretation anyway ... I could be wrong.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, I called and talked to the author of the article. He said that he was using it as a referenct to the heavywhight fights. Sometimes, you need to read between the lines and other times they hide what is going on in plain veiw. I'm not gulible, but that isn't a bad idea.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Yes, I called and talked to the author of the article. He said that he was using it as a referenct to the heavywhight fights. Sometimes, you need to read between the lines and other times they hide what is going on in plain veiw. I'm not gulible, but that isn't a bad idea.
Yup, pay per view for a world's even is n't a bad idea.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Yup, pay per view for a world's even is n't a bad idea.
I kind of agree that it's not a bad idea to do so since it can filter out unwanted connection jam for those are seriously interested in watching the race live and it can also help cover the organization costs. But personally I would just wait for the DVD from RayWood (if he will be there).