Wiki Posts
Search

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by einsteinwl
What I canīt understand is the date for 2011 WC.... In Europe the season has just started in the southern part but for the rest we probably just have had the first outdoor training sessions.....
It's south Florida. Any later in the year you would either melt or the bugs would carry you off.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:56 PM
dcc
Tech Apprentice

Wingracer don't forget hurricane season
Old 08-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dcc
Wingracer don't forget hurricane season
Oh yeah, my mother's place got torn up pretty good a few years back.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=nitrodude;7756677]Would be nice to have the 2010 nats there. Did they send in the aplication? Not going to happen

[QUOTE=ChadB.;7756688]Not really sure, but I would like to see the gas Nats at some point in time. This facility is like no other. The wife wont let him But it is an awesome track there having a three day race Aug 20-23
Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wingracer
It's south Florida. Any later in the year you would either melt or the bugs would carry you off.
The last WCs/ECs in Europe has been very hot (35C/95C) so that should not be a big problem.... With that early date I suspect that there will not be many people from other parts of the globe participating....
Old 08-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Rookie

The last WCs/ECs in Europe has been very hot (35C/95C) so that should not be a big problem.... With that early date I suspect that there will not be many people from other parts of the globe participating....

oops! I ment 35C/95F
Old 08-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Lord

Many Europeans come to the Winternats every year which is even earlier.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Holy S@#T That's awesome. Never heard of this track before. "Tell them to send in that app. for the Nats!!!!!! What's the closest airport? "

Hey guys noticed our facility got mentioned in tis thread. thanks for the complements.... we hosted the 2007 5th scale Nat's, and someday may consider submitting on another. Both tracks our on our own property and have become our second job's.. We have 2 more races this summer come on out just 20 min north or Portland, Oregon Airport

August 21,22,2010
September 18

now back to the original thread topic.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ChadB.
There actually is. There is one in Battle Ground Washington. The place is called Timezone Racing. They have a Europeon style asphalt track and a big carpet track. The website is www.Timezoneracing.com
WOW!!
I would love to race at both tracks - awesome!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by jelayne; 08-06-2010 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Wrong place
Old 08-07-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

can not miss !!!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

I just created a new forum on SGRID for the World Championships at Homestead. You can get to it by going to www.sgrid.com and clicking on the "photo" near the top of the page that has a title of "2011 IFMAR 1/8 I.C. World Championships". Clicking there will take you to the forum for viewing - if you have an account (they're free until December 31) just sign in. I made Doug McNeely fair-witness (which should surprise him when he finds out Monday morning... :-)

There should be separate discussions for everything related to the Worlds, scheduling, photos of the track development, videos, new products, and lots of other stuff. If I get any information from anyone involved in the race, this is where I'll post it, in addition to SGrid Online, the online magazine.

Video:
For those of you who are into videos, please send me an email at "webmaster @ sgrid.com" and let me know if you prefer standard youtube quality videos (easy to do, but limited resolution) or higher quality videos (that will take much longer to download.

Photos:
As we did at the Great Lakes Challenge, I'll try to get several photos of everyone participating at this race, both on the track and in the pits. In the past I used photo galleries, which several people didn't like. Here's an example of one photo item from the GLC, "people pictures":
http://www.sgrid.com/cgi-bin/backtalk/peeknroad,26
If this works for people, that's the way I'll do the Worlds. If not, then I'll need to reconsider.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What do I need to do??? I want to do this race who do i sent the aplication to???
Old 09-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

The FORGAS race #1 of the 2010/2011 series is being held this weekend in Homestead, Florida. This is the Grand Opening for the 2011 W/C Track! Saturday's report is now posted on SGrid Online, http://www.sgrid.com. More information will follow on Sunday and Monday. This is the track that will be used for the World Championships - much of it is completed, but there is still more work to be done.

Some of the photos from that report will be copied to the SGRID On-Road forum, and I'll copy some of those over to other forums as well. Anyone is free to copy anything that I post in the SGRID forum, but please do not copy material posted only in the online magazine.

Videos will be posted as well, but this will have to wait until Sunday night or Monday, as if I keep working at it tonight, I'll never make it to the Finals tomorrow!! There will also be a full report by two-time World Champion, Art Carbonell, on his views about the track and what he's learned so far about car setup for it.

Here are two of the newer photos - more to come:

Old 09-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chinamonkey7
What do I need to do??? I want to do this race who do i sent the aplication to???
You have to get invited. The only way you can get invited is if you finished in the top 30 in the previous year nationals. If you finished in the top 30 in the 2010 nationals you're going to get an invite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.