Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by straightaway
I hope this will reduce gear stripping. My record was 7 gears stripped in one day, That's close to $50.

Any sugestion on chassis bending? I have 2 mtx4, both chassis are slightly bent. I hit something a little hard but the same hit on my mtx3's and they are ok. All of my mtx3's none prospec are 2-3 yrs old and I am still using the original chassis. In fact I have been club racing my mtx3 becasue I can drive the shxt out of it. The 2nd gear never stripes, the chassis never bends.
Try using kawahara chassis or the mugen 4mm one
Old 01-13-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

straight away

even with a 5mm chasis, you're obviously doing something not right, and you'll strip gears!
I once stripped two gears withing minutes of each other, and since then found out
some tips that can prevent it,
pm if you're interested, by the way my kit is stock the only upgrades now are front unis and 4mm rear shock tower, no need for 4mm aluminum chasis brace, one piece engine mount or aluminum brace

happy racing!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

test
Old 01-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seisick
straight away

even with a 5mm chasis, you're obviously doing something not right, and you'll strip gears!
I once stripped two gears withing minutes of each other, and since then found out
some tips that can prevent it,
pm if you're interested, by the way my kit is stock the only upgrades now are front unis and 4mm rear shock tower, no need for 4mm aluminum chasis brace, one piece engine mount or aluminum brace

happy racing!
I have the same experience by stripping 2 gears in 10 minutes in which i had never had it on my MTX-3. I did read some tips from some of the bros here especially from the nitroKB, i have no stripping. My only options are the 4mm rear shock towers and front CVD(make sure you buy Mugen genuine). What I did was, for your reference, hope it helps:
1. Take out the 1st(outside)plastic gear.
2. Loosen the pipe mount and let it move free when installing the engine.
3. adjust the gap(make it smooth) for the 2nd pinion and 2nd plastic gear, then tighten the engine and then the pipe mount.
4. put back the 1st gear.
It should fix the stripping issue.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I havent stripped any gears yet. Gear mesh it properly and drive smoothly and not crazy and u can minimize that problem
Old 01-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you running the clutch bell with the two holes in it or one? If it only has one hole, you should order the newer one with two holes, as it has a better tolerance with the bearings. Next, the 4mm chassis does help as it takes away from the flex. Also going to the steel pinions helps, because there is less wear and they last a long time. NOTE: This isn't something that you have to do, but I have not stripped since the addition of the clutch bell and the 4mm chassis and I run a 52 spur all the time.

Mark
Old 01-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Question why do we all want the easy way to the finish line?

Every body wants this guys setup sheet. What make you think that replacating his setup will make you a better driver, I do not think so. The guy that wins race’s have a edge its knowledge -the understanding of his machine, but we all want to be him but thats impossible, if we learn to setup our car’s and buy the tools that help us towards that goal we all will start to win races. Time energy and practice on the track and understand what make your car work's will be the biggest plus you will ever have against that other guy. Everyone talk about fuel engine that brand of cars are the best that is just opinion of chat. What we decide
To run that our choice; don’t try to keep up with the Jones
Some people tend to say Mugen is the best serpent kyosho etc. but to me knowledge is the key…. Please comment. Am not trying to offend anyone on the forum
Old 01-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madbeats
knowledge is the key….
You are correct, but...

When people ask for someone else's setup - it's either because they want something to start with - or have no idea how to setup their car. They may get lucky and the setup matches their driving style and abilities. Or they maybe just smart enough to take it from their and get the car setup to their liking. Worst case scenario would be, they don't have a clue what to do with a setup that isn't working for them.

Everyone is in this hobby for different reasons with different expectations. We all have different abilities and shortcomings. Some people are patient and want to learn to do things right - others want a quick fix. For some, they will never get it right, no matter how hard they try. It's no different than anything else in our lives.

Just my 2 cents..
Old 01-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Its good to know what the fast guys setups are. Some copy them exactly to see how the car feels, short cut the time to finding a setup that works etc.

Others like to know what the setup is and work out why they have done certain settings. It doesnt hurt, and its a good way to figure out what things do.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
You are correct, but...

When people ask for someone else's setup - it's either because they want something to start with - or have no idea how to setup their car. They may get lucky and the setup matches their driving style and abilities. Or they maybe just smart enough to take it from their and get the car setup to their liking. Worst case scenario would be, they don't have a clue what to do with a setup that isn't working for them.

Everyone is in this hobby for different reasons with different expectations. We all have different abilities and shortcomings. Some people are patient and want to learn to do things right - others want a quick fix. For some, they will never get it right, no matter how hard they try. It's no different than anything else in our lives.

Just my 2 cents..
Very well said Rainer.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Regular

from the web :

MID präsentiert: MTX-4 Champ Limited Edition Kit

MID Mugen Seiki präsentiert das Auto zur WM 2006 Brisbane / Australien in der Version des aktuellen Weltmeisters Keisuke Fukuda.

Mugen Seiki feiert den Weltmeister!
Die Weltmeister - Upgrades!

Der Limited Edition Kit enthält zahlreiche Upgrades gegenüber dem Mugen Seiki MTX-4.

Im Einzelnen gehören zum WC Kit:

T0138-B Achsschenkel VA (geänderte Achsgeometrie)
T0161 Querlenkerbefestigung HA oben (geänderte Achsgeometrie)
T0142 Aluminium Felgenaufnahmen
Neues WM Dekor
Handsignierte Ninja Kappe des Weltmeisters

Der MTX-4 in der Champ Limited Edition ist ab sofort unter der Art.-Nr. T0050WC erhältlich.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (37.4 KB, 119 views)
Old 01-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i think that a translated page would be a hell of a lot easier to read
I did catch something about a WC Brisbane Fukada edition MTX4 or something like that though
Old 01-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by madbeats
Every body wants this guys setup sheet. What make you think that replacating his setup will make you a better driver, I do not think so. The guy that wins race’s have a edge its knowledge -the understanding of his machine, but we all want to be him but thats impossible, if we learn to setup our car’s and buy the tools that help us towards that goal we all will start to win races. Time energy and practice on the track and understand what make your car work's will be the biggest plus you will ever have against that other guy. Everyone talk about fuel engine that brand of cars are the best that is just opinion of chat. What we decide
To run that our choice; don’t try to keep up with the Jones
Some people tend to say Mugen is the best serpent kyosho etc. but to me knowledge is the key…. Please comment. Am not trying to offend anyone on the forum
You do have a good point when you say that everyone should go out and find their own best setup that suits them the most, but somehow I have a different opinion to this subject.

One thing to remember madbeats is that this is a hobby. Hobbies are supposed to be all based on fun. I'm not downgrading this hobby at all. On the contrary, when you compare it to Formula 1 for example, you would never see or hear that Ferrari shared their setup specs with Renault, because there would be a lot risk involved. For example, how many people do you know own the exact same Formula 1 Renault car that won the world championship??? Now wouldn't that be nice but very hard to achieve??

In this hobby, I can go out and buy the exact same car, engine, radio, servos, and body that Fukuda used to win the world championship at a far more affordable price than the F1 car. If I did, wouldn't it be nice to set it up exactly as it was set up in Worlds??? It does not necessarily have to suit my driving style or even my track conditions, but overall it gives a very good starting point to understand the car and its performance. Maybe even just to make me feel good. Like Rmdhawaii said, some people don't even know where to start. Some don't know the meaning of camber and what it actually does to car's performance. So sharing such info might help a lot of people get in or even stay in the hobby. It could get really frustrating when you take your brand new MTX-4 to the track and can't even take a turn without spinning the car or even drive in a straight line. Suppose we're talking about a novice, immediately that person will throw the blame on the car. When in fact it's known that the MTX-4 is a very easy and stable car to drive for everyone.

Another thing to remember is that the likes of Cyrul, Shimo, Fukuda, and Collari are paid professionals. So they are obligated to spend hours and hours to get the best setup to suit the car or else they don't perform well and eventually get axed.. Also, what I really like about this hobby is the simplicity of everyone taking part in it. You can walk up to any driver or manufacturer and start talking to them without an appointment and they are usually very nice people, down to earth, and will try to help you as much as they can..

I'm sure we all know the saying "Sharing is caring". And if professionals and manufacturers decide to share with everyone their setup specs, I think that is a true professional move proving that they have nothing to hide and it all comes down to the driver and fine quality of the product itself..

Sorry if I took this a little bit far and may have strayed off topic, but thanks anyways for your time to read this and good luck..

Last edited by nitro_moe; 01-14-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by itchy b
I did catch something about a WC Brisbane Fukada edition MTX4 or something like that though
I think FF25510 is reffering to what will be added to the WC Kit,

T0138: Front Upright (why use the same part that comes with it already??)
T0161: Not on the parts list..
T0142: Alluminum Wheel Hub(4 pcs)

Other than that, I couldn't make out a single word of what was written in German.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchy b
Thats right guys. A updated version of the MTX-4 wil be released soon. This version is the WC version ( World Champion edition ). Looks like the european mugen website has a photo of the box, car, and other items that are included.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.