Wiki Posts
Search

RC Setup Guild video by Squirrelod

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default RC Setup Guild video by Squirrelod

These may already be posted up but I found them to be very helpful and well done, I wanted to share again as Squirrelod has done an amazing job creating these for us the hobbiest.

Enjoy
Sean

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 08-13-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i vote for sticky!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Prophet

the brake video was really helpfull ! i never thought about that way.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default changing shock oil help

I understand you have to dump your old oil, but do you just put new oil in or do you have to clean out the shock body? Any good informational site or even a video for changing shock oils?

I did have a very informative web site a How To on changing the oil, but I had to clean sweep my PC and lost the link. Thanks
Old 08-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
I understand you have to dump your old oil, but do you just put new oil in or do you have to clean out the shock body? Any good informational site or even a video for changing shock oils?

I did have a very informative web site a How To on changing the oil, but I had to clean sweep my PC and lost the link. Thanks

i dump out the old shock oil, and clean out the shock body with simple green or something else. you want to make sure, there is no dirt at all in the shock body.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i dump out the old shock oil, and clean out the shock body with simple green or something else. you want to make sure, there is no dirt at all in the shock body.
Dump the old oil, fill it with new unless you want to change the o rings. I clean the o rings every other time I refill the shocks just to clean everything up, but for the most part if you get all the old oil out there will be air bubbles at the bottom below the piston. So I leave a little in there.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dump, refill, bleed, move on.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Dump the old oil, fill it with new unless you want to change the o rings. I clean the o rings every other time I refill the shocks just to clean everything up, but for the most part if you get all the old oil out there will be air bubbles at the bottom below the piston. So I leave a little in there.

yea i refill it with new oil even, though i should clean the o-rings or change them when i do it.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jwm2
Dump, refill, bleed, move on.

you can do that but if theres, a little dirt on the o-rings sometimes it can cause a bind or a butch of air bubbles. that you cant get rid of inless you clean off the o-rings
Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

you really don't want to clean o-rings.. either replace them or leave them with dirt on them.. Motor spray causes them to swell up.. and everything else doesn't do much.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
you really don't want to clean o-rings.. either replace them or leave them with dirt on them.. Motor spray causes them to swell up.. and everything else doesn't do much.

i dont use motor spray on, the o-rings i already know what happens to them
i use a little bit of simple green or just replace them.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Prophet

now about the ride he was, showing in the video he must have new front springs or something to get the front arms level. on the eight-t because i can never get my arms even, inless i really crank down on the collers than it makes it too high.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

now about the ride he was, showing in the video he must have new front springs or something to get the front arms level. on the eight-t because i can never get my arms even, inless i really crank down on the collers than it makes it too high.
Don't go by 'arms level', 'just below level', its too inconsistent. Buy the Losi ride height gauge and do set it that way, since Losi's are sensitive to ride height.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Don't go by 'arms level', 'just below level', its too inconsistent. Buy the Losi ride height gauge and do set it that way, since Losi's are sensitive to ride height.

i have the losi ride height gauge, the front is about 35 mm when i drop the truggy off a flat table. and the rear is level, with a little bit of preload but without the arms sagging and there level.

i do wonder why losi made the front end that way ?

yea i have tried higher and , lower ride heights on the losi so i know there sensitive to ride height.

belive it or not on the, 1.0 buggy and truggy on a rough track they handle better with the front a bit higher, and the rear lower i know thats weird but it worker for me.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i have the losi ride height gauge, the front is about 35 mm when i drop the truggy off a flat table. and the rear is level, with a little bit of preload but without the arms sagging and there level.

i do wonder why losi made the front end that way ?

yea i have tried higher and , lower ride heights on the losi so i know there sensitive to ride height.

belive it or not on the, 1.0 buggy and truggy on a rough track they handle better with the front a bit higher, and the rear lower i know thats weird but it worker for me.
I hope you're not measuring the ride height from the kick-up. You have to measure it from behind the kick up where the chassis is flat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.