Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spektrum DX3S

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default spektrum DX3S

Calling Bros who own this radio. Any comments on this radio set?

esp on the followings:

1. any glitches on the 2.4Ghz?

2. How is it as compared to 3pks or 4pk? reliability, durability...etc

3. Any known issues or problem with this radio?

Lastly lobang to get one set locally or even overseas (online website)?

Pls advise. tks in advance. cheers!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viperviper
Calling Bros who own this radio. Any comments on this radio set?

esp on the followings:

1. any glitches on the 2.4Ghz?

2. How is it as compared to 3pks or 4pk? reliability, durability...etc

3. Any known issues or problem with this radio?

Lastly lobang to get one set locally or even overseas (online website)?

Pls advise. tks in advance. cheers!
Atalon has it ...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/singapor...lon-r-c-5.html
Old 12-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i dont have this but just take note that the DX3S is a DSM module

as compared to

the DX3R which is the newer DSM 2. Thats why the DX3S can pair up with the older receivers except the SR3100 which is for the DX3R

Read the write up on this at AmainHobbies.com
Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Suspended

There r some talk here oso -

http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysia...dx3r-dx3s.html
Old 12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default DX3S

I helped my buddy's to set-up and bind his cars using the DX3S on monday. The user interface on the DX3S is very easy to use, compared to most other makes. The scroll is fast and easy to navigate.

Many 'extras' in the package such as an extra RX, temp gauge, RPM gauge for the telementary. Somewhat easy to install, the instructions are fool- proof. But what i didn't like was the way you have to scroll up and down to do the settings for the car. (my buddy is running a GP off-road car). It takes a while to get used to the functions.

The feel of the transmitter is a bit 'plastic' compared to the other makes. Although the Futaba 3PK is quite hefty, you know its there. But the DX3S is a lightweight, and it feels like its not there. And it is slightly slower in response. And feels very breakable. I personally own a Futaba 3PK using Spektrum 2.4gHz module.

In my opinion, the DX3S is a good buy for someone looking for something realiable. But those who needs ALL the functions such of the 4PK or 3PK, this one is not for you.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

ok.. to choose between a 4pk and a dx3s... which one would u choose... btw, wonder how much does 4pk cost here in singapore? or better deal in online shop? any lobang..
Old 12-10-2008, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Dude,DX3S is for someone like me.Dun care much about slow/fast response but works for that weekly bash!I've been a Spektrum and also a Ko Propo user.These 2 radios are worlds apart in built quality but I still prefer to use the Spektrum for weekly bashing coz if the thing conks,it's much cheaper than my KO's.Having the telemetry is just a bonus.Most of the time you are too busy playing than monitoring those figures.Anyway,RC started way before all these things are available so most of the time is by 'feel'.The additional sport receiver,however,makes the Spektrum the best bang for the buck as receivers don't come cheap and if you are an avid RC enthusiast,you will know that 1 kit is never enough.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sad thing about this Tx is that it cant pair with the dsm2 rx..
Old 12-10-2008, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viperviper
ok.. to choose between a 4pk and a dx3s... which one would u choose... btw, wonder how much does 4pk cost here in singapore? or better deal in online shop? any lobang..
The DX3S is pretty much meant for 'sports' users, meaning bashers-alike with the convenience of a 2.4G system. Thus, its not fair to compare a DX3S to a 4pk or even 3pk in this instance. latency-wise, i presume most of us(bashers) won't even notice or even bother the diff.

If u r comparing to the 4pk/3pk, the DX3R would be a better comparison.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i own a DX3S and i'm luving it, but of cos as stated it's a sport-level radio, whereas 4pk is a pro-level radio. if u're racing onroads then maybe DX3R or 4pk is a better choice for u... but good enough for me as i'm racing only offroads...
Old 12-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default To be or not to be..

Well, I guess its up to individual preference when it comes to TX. Spektrum provides all the technology at low prices. Quite a bang for your buck. So far no complaints about the DX3R or DX3S.

So how about the DX3.0 and DX2.0. I see a lot of drivers using these TXs. I'm sure there should work great too right? The thing about Spektrum is they give a lot of freebies that come along with the package. Really value for money.

As Bro Thangmo said is true, I'm actually more bothered about where my car is going than knowing the engine temp and RPM. Its more about 'feel'.

Just my two cents.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boo_saa
Sad thing about this Tx is that it cant pair with the dsm2 rx..
Bro,unless you already have a DSM2 receiver otherwise between 11ms and 5.5ms,I can't tell the difference.Or maybe I'm too engrossed trying to tame my offroad beast to be bothered with such little difference.Your servos play an important part too.DSM2 receivers and good power input will make the servos operate at it's optimum but will never make it go beyond it's operational speed.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Hng
Well, I guess its up to individual preference when it comes to TX. Spektrum provides all the technology at low prices. Quite a bang for your buck. So far no complaints about the DX3R or DX3S.

So how about the DX3.0 and DX2.0. I see a lot of drivers using these TXs. I'm sure there should work great too right? The thing about Spektrum is they give a lot of freebies that come along with the package. Really value for money.

As Bro Thangmo said is true, I'm actually more bothered about where my car is going than knowing the engine temp and RPM. Its more about 'feel'.

Just my two cents.
My one cent thought.
I own a DX3 and DX3R before I change to DX3S. I will said the DX3 are good to have and the DX3R is a tx with more functions. I prefer Spektrum as it is light even with the DX3 that use 8 AA batt. The DX3R and DX3S only use 4 AA Batt that weight even lighter.

you are right, Actually most of the time we are looking where is our car than looking at the controller. the temp, rpm, rx batt, it is just a few additional feature that I like.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for all comments. I thought of what Bro Aloy comment, true ..most of us will look at the car when driving.. Most useful measurement is the temperature..just take a quick peek during racing. As for the speed and battery readings, i think we will have much more time reading when in pit or when troubleshooting on bench.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Aloy
I own a DX3 and DX3R before I change to DX3S.
Aloy,you so fast ah!I talk about DX3S only,you buy already!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.