Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need serouis help on nova carb

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default need serouis help on nova carb

i've finish breaking in...and it run alright with the factory setting...here is the problem...when i turn the high -speed needle leaner and when i gave it full throttle it stall....i've try leaning and riching the low speed and mid range needle..but no luck....can anyone help me plez..

BTw its a novarossi cx-12 engine..
Old 05-25-2003, 05:52 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

my advice is, first, dont touch the middle speed needle unless u are VERY sure of what you are doing

read the instruction manual, (or maybe try the nova website?) and go back to the factory setup (both the high speed and low speed needle)

then try leaning the engine from there, 1/8th of a turn at a time

and see what happens
Old 05-25-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

this is what i know about needle...

high speed: how much fuel goes in at full speed
low speed: how much fuel goes in at idle.
ldle screw: make a stade idle
mid range: how much fuel at mid to high speed....

correct me if i got it worng..
Old 05-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: need serouis help on nova carb

Originally posted by TRF_TG10R
i've finish breaking in...and it run alright with the factory setting...here is the problem...when i turn the high -speed needle leaner and when i gave it full throttle it stall....i've try leaning and riching the low speed and mid range needle..but no luck....can anyone help me plez..

BTw its a novarossi cx-12 engine..
Try to start from the factory settings again. If it is stalling, I believe that there is not enough fuel. If you start from factory, run a few slow-medium laps to warm the engine up. After 2 - 3 minutes, you can start leaning the HEN by 1 hour each time. Do it till you have a good amount of blue smoke. Listen to the engine at almost WOT, it should not bubble (too rich) or stall (too lean). For LEN, adjust this after you have the HEN setting. From standstill, accelerate the car, if you see a lot of smoke, it probably just a bit too rich or if you hear 4 stoke sound, its too rich, the LEN requires only minor adjustment, probably not more than 1/4 turn from factory settings (then again it may be different!). As for the mid range, I would not touch that. It will affect the LEN. The more it is in, the more low end power you get but you will need to set your LEN accordingly.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

i had the same prob the u need to bring the mid up just a little and then set the high speed up a little at a time till it runs its a pain and check your plug to see if it is lose
Old 05-25-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by td-civ
i had the same prob the u need to bring the mid up just a little and then set the high speed up a little at a time till it runs its a pain and check your plug to see if it is lose

what do you mean by " need to bring the mid up just a little "
clockwise ??or anti-colckwise..??
Old 05-25-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Prophet

this is what i know about needle...

high speed: how much fuel goes in at full speed
low speed: how much fuel goes in at idle.
ldle screw: make a stade idle
mid range: how much fuel at mid to high speed....

correct me if i got it worng..
Yes, you are quite correct. Let me add one more thing... The high speed needle controls fuel at full speed and amount of fuel for all needles.
Old 05-25-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

put more fuel in it at mid rang
Old 05-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First my post for INITALID-it is not right about the high speed needle! Every needle on carb work by it self-high speed needle adjast anount of fuel lets sey as "A", midlle range needle idependanly adjust amount og fuel, wich is less then "A" and finaly idle speedneedle adjust even much lees fuel then middle range needle. So, there is no realy relalation between needles!
Now is for TRF_TG10R-can you describe how the engine getting stall. If you will be able to describe it (reving right before stall or just stop seddeny), I might help you with that, just give me as much as possible info
Old 05-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

what makes a engine stall?
Old 05-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

can be anything-too much fuel-not enough air, to much air-not enough fuel! Engine is too cold, etc. Needs more description of the moment when the engine got stoped
Old 05-25-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
First my post for INITALID-it is not right about the high speed needle! Every needle on carb work by it self-high speed needle adjast anount of fuel lets sey as "A", midlle range needle idependanly adjust amount og fuel, wich is less then "A" and finaly idle speedneedle adjust even much lees fuel then middle range needle. So, there is no realy relalation between needles!
Now is for TRF_TG10R-can you describe how the engine getting stall. If you will be able to describe it (reving right before stall or just stop seddeny), I might help you with that, just give me as much as possible info
when ever i lean my engine out (3 turn out) high speed needle...when i gave it 1/2 gas...it bubble.....full throttel it stall..
Old 05-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

when ever i lean my engine out (3 turn out) high speed needle...when i gave it 1/2 gas...it bubble.....full throttel it stall..
leaning HIGH Speed needle----clockwise direction
richening HIGH Speed needle----anti-clockwise direction

In tis case u r richening ur engine...another thing u should go by 1/12 increments
Old 05-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

what i would do is to set the needle back to factory.
Start the motor, make sure it idle at least 10-20 sec., if not increase (clockwise) the idle screw to achieve this.

First, set the high end needle:
Run the car on the track for a few laps. Come into the pit, lean the high speed needle 1/8 of a turn each time. Repeat this process until you are satisfy with the speed and power. You MUST see trail of smoke when powering out of corner/exit. If you see no smoke, you're too lean!

Second, set the low end needle:
After making few laps on the track where you are happy with the speed, come into pit and listen to the sound. If the motor rpm goes high for 2-4 sec. then return to normal, you're a little rich, you can close 1/16 of a turn and do a few more laps. Another good thing to do is to touch the carb body (below the high speed needle) if its hot. You should be able to touch it and the carb body should be cold. If hot, you must open (anti-clockwise) the low end needle 1/4 of a turn and then go on track make some laps. Do this when you can safely touch the carb body with your finger. Another way is to pinch the fuel tube going into the carb, the motor will die off between 2-3 sec. if it dies almost immediately, your low end is too lean!

Set Idle Screw:
After some laps on the tracks after setting the low end needle, when you come into pits the next time, you should hear the motor rpm stays high for very long. This is the time you decrease the idle screw (anti-clockwise) until the rpm is stable.

hope this help.

Last edited by RClover; 05-25-2003 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
If you're saying that there is no relation between High speed needle and the rest of the needles (i.e. low speed and middle speed needle), then I would take whatever advise you give with a pinch of salt.

Anyone will tell you that leaning the High speed needle will indeed lean the Low speed needle settings because the main fuel delivery system comes from the High speed needle first. That is the primary reason why you tune the High speed needle before touching the Low speed needle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.