Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree272Likes

XRAY T4'19 SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Would it be better to get the T4 18 for 499 or wait for the 19?
Old 09-06-2018, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cHckbOY5
Would it be better to get the T4 18 for 499 or wait for the 19?
If they have enough stock, wait for the '19 to see what the differences are.
You may even find that the '18 gets even cheaper.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by niznai
Those were heliographic copies developed in ammonia (Ozalid was one trade marked name), originals were still black on white.

After forty years in drafting, my mother's hand writing was indistinguishable from print. She began by using stencils but after some years didn't need to.

The clue to old skool stuff is the title block in the bottom right.

Of course they are very common. They have been for a couple of hundred years or more (Leonardo Da Vinci has lots of these in his notebooks).

Dimensions and tolerances (and some times details of material or hardness for bearing surfaces for instance or thread and pitch size, or left/righthand, etc) were part of the drawing as a matter of course. Simplified versions could omit these.

Complicated detail was always shown in captures.

All old is new again.
When I was Drafting in High School and freshman year of college CAD systams started to replace acual drawing, I had lost all interest in Drafting . I like the Individual differences in peoples drawing techniques. The Art of it is all lost now,
Old 09-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

i am done with xray...

Every year with minor changes on ''new models'' asking for more money every new year and make previous models loose their value like crazy.

After having a Xb4 2016, Xb2 2017 and Xb8 2016 there will be no more for me.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

No one is pointing a gun to your head making you buy them. I update my TC's every 3 years and my F1 cars every year or every other year (well worn by then).

RC cars depreciate fast anyways, not just Xray.
gigaplex, Ggrant and johnzhou2476 like this.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Sure... If you want you just buy it.

My point is different though!

Just sayin... New Mitsubishi Evo every year with one minor upgrade... 10.000euro dollars or whatever you like is flying away of your investment!

Its just xrays way to go and i dont agree with it.

So noone can make me not to write down and express my feelings about them when i have allready own 3 xray models.

No argue. just feelings!
Old 09-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

^you realize every manufacturer does this?
gigaplex likes this.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

If you owned a business and it was a profitable model, you would be doing the exact thing. I know I would! Just like iPhones. Don't hate the game.

Not like as soon as the new '19 comes out, your old T4 is automatically 2 seconds slower.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R4ge
i am done with xray...

Every year with minor changes on ''new models'' asking for more money every new year and make previous models loose their value like crazy.

Why not just get the updated parts?
I have done that a couple of times, easy on the t4 platform and the F1, but I note your cars mentioned are all off road and not on road.
silden likes this.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Every company that can do that and getaway with it, is doing it. Real cars not only have minor changes from one model to the next, but even the same model launched in different countries is just a tiny little bit different so you can't buy parts from another country. Cornering the market as much as they can.

But Xray is pretty honest. You have had the T1,T2,T3, etc. each with a few upgrades along the way. They basically tell you when a car will change significantly.

Other manufacturers, not so much.

What you can do is be smart with your money. If you watch carefully you can tell when major changes are due with other manufacturers as well and buy a model that will be pretty much the same for say three generations. That means you can upgrade relatively cheap if that is what you want, by just buying the upgraded parts of following generations. When there are major changes, it usually costs so much to upgrade, you're better off buying the whole car.
If you want.
Personally I don't think any upgraded car over the previous model is necessarily faster/better/etc.
You just need to try to not fall for the hype.
Keep in mind a lot of people (even here) are paid to say things about new cars and not all are upfront about it. Watch out for people who get upset at negative comments.
I know what I want from a car and I'll buy whatever car offers that. Usually three-four years pass before I think I would like something or other that may or may not be offered by some manufacturer.

Last edited by niznai; 09-09-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

17 to 18 was a relatively “big” change year as well and the compatibility is not as high.

Motor mount (which meant chassis), shocks, towers - all changed. Expensive parts. Plus small revisions to the top deck and shorter driveshafts. Neither that big.

18 to 19 doesn’t look quite so much. New top deck and chassis are highly likely - both most likely to also be backwards compatible unless the motor mount changes again (not likely). We might see some parts that were previously options included as standard or some other part with a subtle change.

defininitely a year to upgrade if you still have a 15/16/17 - not as much for an 18 is my guess.

Some people just want latest and greatest (but not needed) and others simply want a fresh car (again not “needed”) and then there are those who have worn out a car in one year. Different reasons to upgrade. But atleast the baby is never thrown out with the bath water.

I bought a BD8 Yokomo this year - and I’m hearing the new car is 90% new. That’s both exciting and frustrating in equal measure!
lagcisco and silden like this.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cplus
I bought a BD8 Yokomo this year - and I’m hearing the new car is 90% new. That’s both exciting and frustrating in equal measure!
We could also argue that a car being 90% new means they didn't 'get it right' last time ;-)

I have a friend who's gotten so frustrated with his BD8 he's gone back to Tamiya.

We pays our money and takes our choice.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
We could also argue that a car being 90% new means they didn't 'get it right' last time ;-)

I have a friend who's gotten so frustrated with his BD8 he's gone back to Tamiya.

We pays our money and takes our choice.
absolutely they didn’t get it right. The current BD8 is very different to the one Volker won the worlds with.

No doubt it will happen again. All new car that is out fast and completely overhauled in its lifetime.
silden likes this.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Say you sell a 12 month old RC roller that is in good, but used, condition and you lose $200-$300. Selling in this window to partially fund the yearly upgrade. Percentage wise, yes, that's a big hit.. 40-50% depending on your retail market.
The way I see it, however, as a dollar amount it's a few nights out, which for me, generally leads to a hang over, which brings me far less joy than cracking open a new kit and taking my time with the build - I think that is something everyone in the hobby enjoys (at least the racers).
Most people drink, go to dinners, movies, sporting events etc etc... What budget do you have for that over a year? $500-$600, or $300 if you look after your gear and sell to fund your upgrade, really is great value for a whole year of enjoyment... (I've not factored in running costs as you pay those whether your car is a year or three years old).

​​
lagcisco, mbelby, cplus and 2 others like this.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R4ge
i am done with xray...

Well ,I can't worry about it anymore either . I just keep what I have ,I Maintain them and race them. I get a new one when I'm able to.
mbelby likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.