Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Got my membership package today.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King
Got my membership package today.
What homo club is it for. Steve was telling me about his. Mabey it is to the same one.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
What homo club is it for. Steve was telling me about his. Mabey it is to the same one.
The only one out there is the one you're president of Ray
Old 07-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The average driver will not see really any difference in their times w/ a gtb 13.5 and a 7.5. in 2wd electric. The reason 1/8th scale has taken off is because they only run 2 classes, pro & sportsman. This is how electric should be run as well. I would just run 4wd mod(stock in this class is a joke)& 2wd stock//mod buggy//truck. Now, when everyone is running brushed motors the technology that 19turns required helped to drive up the cost of racing. However, everyone is starting to run li//bl which means that companies will actually start making more money if people are just running mod since things will wear out faster. If a 7.5 turn motor is too fast for you then start running a 13.5 untill you know that there is nothing but the motor holding you back on the track.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

Originally Posted by party_wagon
The average driver will not see really any difference in their times w/ a gtb 13.5 and a 7.5. in 2wd electric. The reason 1/8th scale has taken off is because they only run 2 classes, pro & sportsman. This is how electric should be run as well. I would just run 4wd mod(stock in this class is a joke)& 2wd stock//mod buggy//truck. Now, when everyone is running brushed motors the technology that 19turns required helped to drive up the cost of racing. However, everyone is starting to run li//bl which means that companies will actually start making more money if people are just running mod since things will wear out faster. If a 7.5 turn motor is too fast for you then start running a 13.5 untill you know that there is nothing but the motor holding you back on the track.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

It's true. 19 turn just meant more battery & tuning wars. When your average joe went from stock to mod a cheap 3k pack & a 15 turn mod was all that they can handle. So, instead of directing them towards a cheap mod setup you tell them they need an expensive 19 turn setup to get the speed they need at the next level. Well, now there is no longer a battery and motor war to be had in 19 turn so the profit margin has dropped lower then mod.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL! B4 & B44..

Your right these brushless companies are making a killing with like 15 bl motors choose from thats getting ridiculous.

There should be a hand full of motors period may a couple for stock,and a couple for mod period!

Myself i have a GTB/6.5 truck . Lrp 07 esc/13.5 buggy . Losi 6400kv system! 4WD

Thats all i need!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

19 turn was created to help push the voltage wars once the capacity wars slowed down. Today I can honestly say that the motor & battery wars have ended. People can go out and run mod turn for 30 minutes on a single charge while just making it over the weight limit. This means that the only war for these companies to fight is the marketing war. Now, once people get a full race setup the only money they are spending is on tires & spare parts. Well, how do you go through tires & parts faster? You go faster! How do you get more interest in a racing hobby? You increase the size of the field & and competition. The easiest way to do this is by combining two medium sized classes & making one huge class.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Initiate

test