Wiki Posts
Search

Hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello

Hi guys/gals! Wanted to post up and say hi. I am new to the RC scene and am thinking about purchasing my first truggy. Wanting to go electric and would like to order a kit (mugen,losi etc..) so I can build the car, that way I will know something more about it rather than just getting it out of the box and running it. My only issue is I have no idea how to do so and was wondering if any of you guys offered any help or hands on teching??? I know what needs to be ordered for the kits (brushless kit,motor, servo etc..) its just building it I live in Edmond and would really like some help if anyone has time or experience to do so. Thanks again Stew
Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll recommend that once the season cranks up, in a month or so, to come out and ask questions and see what people are running.

I think it's always good to run a brand that others are running so you're not out there on an island by yourself parts/setup wise.

Billy (electric) and I (nitro) both run for Hot Bodies.

You kind of just have to jump in .. just make sure to get quality equipment up front. It will save you in the long run.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Rookie

twofifty thanks for your reply! I will definitely make it out and talk to you guys because I know nothing about the racing side of it and I too had nitro trucks but they were maily for bashing,actually I worked on the dang things more than I bashed lol but we all know how that goes. Just want to make the correct decision up front for the purchase. Not worried about the money side of it, just dont want to pay for a truggy I dont need or a truggy that I'm gonna have to upgrade after 6 months to the one I should have bought in the first place. When are you guys usually out there? Obviously with the snow on the ground tonight and the crappy oklahoma weather im sure not often in the winter but are there other events/shops that you guys hang out at? Thanks!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There are a ton of really helpful people that are race at the ONC at Taylor Park. The test and tune day may be a good day to come out and just talk to some people and see some cars in-person before the season starts. After this weather clears out the rescheduled date will be announced.

The HB cars are not as expensive as some of the others and run great. All cars regardless of brand will require maintenance. There are a few shops you can check with and see what they have in stock. There is Competition on the southside, Oklahoma Hobbies on the southside, Hobbytown in Norman, and Mojo Hobbies that Joe is getting his shop setup in Yukon. Joe races at ONC and will be carrying some of the stuff commonly used at ONC. Competition, I am not sure what they are carrying since they reopened. But I bet they could order in anything you need. OK Hobbies I know can get Losi and Traxxas products. Hobbytown, I am not 100% sure.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

We should be out there this Sat if the weather is good.

As far as I know nobody makes a factory electric truggy so you are looking at a conversion. Billy runs a converted D8T.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

I ran a converted HB d8t last year with an elite motor mount, and vorza battery tray. This year I am running a HB d8t tekno conversion. I think castor and team c both make a kit brushless truggy. Most others are conversions.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I agree...I havent seen anything besides conversions from what I have been looking at. I think its pretty much down to the Mugen MBX 6T with the tekno v4 conversion kit. Hitec servo, still not 100% sure on the motor. May go with the RX8/T8 combo with 1900kv motor?? Any thoughts??
Old 02-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

The 1900 is a buggy motor. the 2000kv tekin motor would be a good fit. I have a 2250 and turn it down.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Billy what motor are you running on the HB truggy? Lipos etc?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Until Viper releases their 8th scale equipment, I am running speedpassion silver arrow v2 esc's and tekin motors. A 2250 in the truggy and a 2050 in the buggy. I think a 2000 would be perfect in truggy but I found a deal on the 2250.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)