Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

what versions are initially available? will there be an economy model (molded chassis, fixed links), racing version (graphite, aluminum, etc.), and the factory version (every hopup and then some)? hmmm, i was planning to get the evo3 limited then this came along ...
Old 05-18-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tom
the standard kit specs of this car means its unlikly there will be a hara edition

From an un-named source....Yes there will be a HB Hara Edition.

Hot-bodies will have option parts for the car..like aluminum arm mounts and possibly the bulkheads.

My SD is handling great right now...This Fall is too soon to buy another car....I'll probably wait til 2004 to get the Pro4 and hopefully the Hara Edition Kit will be available by then...

Originally posted by marvi
what versions are initially available? will there be an economy model (molded chassis, fixed links), racing version (graphite, aluminum, etc.), and the factory version (every hopup and then some)? hmmm, i was planning to get the evo3 limited then this came along ...
Like the Pro2 and Pro3 there will be several versions released.
Sport Version. Pro-Version initial release, and the Hara Edition kit.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I would like to see some close-ups of the drive train. We race carpet/foam tires around here and the EVO3 and Yok SD just have not stood up to the test for us. TC3's and X-Ray's dominate this area. Losi's and Shuie's don't do to bad either.... The Tamiya and Yokomo both seem to have "NO RIP". Looks like a lot of you guys out there are having decent luck with them, but we struggled with them here.........................

Please post pics of the drive train if available....
Old 05-19-2003, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

I do get the point about that shaft cars are quite bounded when it comes to layout. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the EvoIII, Barracuda, Yok SD and the Pro4 is so even, that it's hard to choose.

Of course the basic rules for choosing a car (local support, durability, adjustability, price) still is important, but somehow it's BORING. I mean, if you narrow the choises down to one or two cars based on the above, then usually "get what teases you most" will do the rest. But now it's about colors; Purple, SSG.... It's sad LRP dont make cars, because blue is better

Is it just me or ... ?
Old 05-19-2003, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
I But now it's about colors; Purple, SSG.... It's sad LRP dont make cars, because blue is better

Is it just me or ... ?

there are a lot of blue parts on the sd !
Old 05-19-2003, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

I agree with you Cole, we've entered another era where every car seems to be the same, and it's a case of spot the design gimmick or brand loyalty being the only difference. Like when all the cars were 2-belt X-ray style. I'm happy as long as the car works well though...
Old 05-19-2003, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

I've been into RC for 3 years now, and I dont recognize the 2 belt classic style era. Maybe before year 2000, but as I see it, there was and still is Mission, Losi, Yokomo (tub chassis) and Pro3. Okay, a HPI Pro2 and a GM Pro2 certainly looks even, and Corally and X-Ray seems to be pretty much the same. Basically, an X-Ray is a classic two belt drive car, but it is so refined, that it's in a class for itself. And now there's the Raycer.

However, with the HPI Pro3 story in mind, it somehow aint surprising, that the Pro4 is "conservative".

I can only hope, there still will be producers of different types of cars. Corally Assasin seems to be different.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think that when a class is starting all the manufacturers will experience a lot of different solutions, but with time they just keep the more efficient one (usually the simplest ones too).
for example, i saw last time a 1/12th vintage site, a lot of different susp. systems had been tried but now their design is pretty much the same (compared with the first 1/12 cars); I also remember 1/8 racing in the beginning of the 90's when it was possible to see realy weird designs .

suspensions for 1/10 onroad cars are very similar now, in general double wishbone with the same kind of A-arm mount (SD, EVO3, 414, T1, XXXS, pro4, TC3...simple and easy to tune), C-hubs....it seems to be obvious but many other possibilities exist, even for SD car (ta01, ta03, f201, ....), in general the simplest solutions seems to work the best....Now some companies are testing single belt design, we will see soon which layout is better (xxxs, assassin, KX-one.2...)
Old 05-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Does anyone even still run the KX-one?? As far as single belt design goes the nod has to go to Losi It's keeping up or beating the newer shaft driven cars. It's mostly all driver but the car design plays a part as well. I can't wait to try the Pro 4 out just to see how it feels. Some of my concerns are tire wear, and traction/stability. Hopefully I can get some of these questions answered before the car hits the stores.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Clint - Hara will be at the Norrca World Cup this Sept. and he should have his car with him, so we can check it out then. The car might even be out by then.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

when will the pro 4 be released and how much will it cost and in what currency?? (i.e us, aus)
Old 05-20-2003, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Dont get too xcited HPI_P3, by now yo should realise HPI suck in Aus and you have to irder from overseas! When i get one i will be getting it from Hong Kong for sure! or if the Aus $ keeps it up mayb even Tower Hobbies!

Where do you race? and will you be at the challenge races?
Old 05-20-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

To get the diffs out it looks like a top deck off job with is a bit of a pain when with every other SD car you can get the diffs out by taking out 3-6 screws. Rick
Old 05-20-2003, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by yobbism
Dont get too xcited HPI_P3, by now yo should realise HPI suck in Aus and you have to irder from overseas! When i get one i will be getting it from Hong Kong for sure! or if the Aus $ keeps it up mayb even Tower Hobbies!
I wont buy the Pro4 - simply because HPI support in europe sucks ! It's common to wait 6-9 months for even the most common spare parts, that are still in production !

It's sad, because HPI used to have good support. I've tried writing to HPI-Europe - all I got was a bla-bla-bla answer, but no parts delivered via the national distributor yet.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by utieh
there are a lot of blue parts on the sd !
and also the 'Cuda R2' is available in Blue.... and Purple, and Red, and so on and so on..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.