Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

When waiting for the R1Pro it took almost 5 months. When I received the first shipment of the RSPro was 2 monhs ago, and waiting since. I believe it'll be, if we're lucky end of August to September.

As for China and the Olympic's. Trying to change the air quality. It take years to do, not 5 years that when that were elected for Olympic's. When we had the Olympic's in LA in '84. Air was probably the cleanest. In the '60, you could not see the Hollywood sign a mile away. On clear day the sign could be seen from Catalina Island in the '80. '70 that's when they changed the Smog emissions on vehicles. Now it has gone dirty again in the 2000 years. California is the capital of SUV's. SUV's have different emission standard from a regular passenger car, SUV's are considered a truck. Thats why air quality in California has gone bad. Won't see a differance till the mid 2010, or 10 years from now.

Black lung decease is more likely in coal miners. TB a story in itself. For atheletes they must be imulizations for Typhoid, small Pox,etc... being overseas. They have go military style of imunization. Maybe a ship load of bottled water!!! GO! USA Athletes!!!

We just have to wait For Tekin and thieir product to be re-released!!
Old 07-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Omoser,

that capacitor, what is it? Does it have RF filtering and Voltage Spike supression?

Every since Novak came out with their Transcap modual I use that on all my ESC's for clean power. I used to use some CapXX .33F capacitors, but there was a noticable decrease in speed on my oval car. In sedan I am sure it would help.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There has been more then just one "batch" of RS's built and shipped. They're being built as quickly as possible. There are a few "one off" parts inside that are used.

Motors are in final testing this weekend. Cuff's and a few other drivers are getting them also for testing again.

I'll post some pic's of the motors next week when it's in my car!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
There has been more then just one "batch" of RS's built and shipped. They're being built as quickly as possible. There are a few "one off" parts inside that are used.

Motors are in final testing this weekend. Cuff's and a few other drivers are getting them also for testing again.

I'll post some pic's of the motors next week when it's in my car!

Can you be more exact date will be sold in the RS? Thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The RS is turning out to be a tough little speedo. I had a motor let go Sunday and it shorted out. Got the speedo hot and it actually desoldered one of the batery connections.

The speedo got hot but still works like a champ. It's nice to run a speedo that will actually take some abuse for once. Reminds me of the old days.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I assume the R1 is still a lot like the RS. I drilled holes in the case last weekend.

But you need to pull it apart to do it. When i pulled it apart there was a bit of dirt in there anyway so it gave me a chance to clean it out. I assume the dirt might also not help with the cooling.

I didnt get a good inidication of whether it made much difference but after the race the speedy definitely cools a LOT faster, i think it still runs hot during the race. But the thermal sensor on my R1 is usually full anyway but ive never had it shut down. **SHRUG**

Also im going to assume that if the holes were in the top of the case that would assist with the cooling more.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
I assume the R1 is still a lot like the RS. I drilled holes in the case last weekend.

But you need to pull it apart to do it. When i pulled it apart there was a bit of dirt in there anyway so it gave me a chance to clean it out. I assume the dirt might also not help with the cooling.

I didnt get a good inidication of whether it made much difference but after the race the speedy definitely cools a LOT faster, i think it still runs hot during the race. But the thermal sensor on my R1 is usually full anyway but ive never had it shut down. **SHRUG**

Also im going to assume that if the holes were in the top of the case that would assist with the cooling more.
if you want to cool it just place a small 25mm x 25mm blowing across the motor wire solder tabs rather than drilling the case.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

in my case, drilling the holes reduced the temps by almost 15°C compared to the fan only setup i ran before. And it is basically not a big deal, you only have to be careful when running in wet conditions (what you actually should avoid anyways). For most applications, the fan will be enough, if you still have temp issues drill the holes.

I would not recommend drilling holes into the top of the case.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

I dont know about the RS but on the R1 there are holes in the back of the case anyway where the posts are joined to board.

If this is the same for the RS then to me it seems it shouldnt be a concern that there are extra holes in the case as it is not sealed in the first place. Hence also there is no difference if it is wet.

Looking at the circuit boards it appears they have been coated in some kind of film. I assume this might be to try and keep moisture out of sensitive areas. Either way if you are racing in the wet you should water proof your equipment properly anyway.

Is there any reason why you suggest not putting holes in the top. Hot air rises so its more than likely the most effective location to place holes.
Im think about cutting a larger hole in the top and putting a heat sink over the hole :P
Old 07-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

RSPro Now available @ StormerHobbies 7/22/08. Good luck guys!!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

The FET's are on the bottom so a heatsink isn't going to do much on the top.

The posts really do make a good heatsink so if a fan doesn't work blowing directly on them a couple holes in the case on the other side should let some air flow across the FET's and cool things off.

Leaving a spot for air to flow inder the speedo will probably help cooling when you're using a fan.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is that hole-drilling also necessary if you run the Tekin RSpro in a 12th scale 4 cell with a 5.5 BL???

The idea of drilling holes in a brand new ESC doesn't sound like a really good idea to me...

Joost.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

I'm running a 4.5 and others I know are running 3.0 without any problems. We just put either an extra capacitor or larger one on and a fan blowing on the posts could help. I don't use one and all is cool.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

I think you only really start to get heat problems with on-road mod tourer (4.5+).
Old 07-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
I'm running a 4.5 and others I know are running 3.0 without any problems. We just put either an extra capacitor or larger one on and a fan blowing on the posts could help. I don't use one and all is cool.
Ive been running a SP3.5 with no issues with heat. I have a extra SP power cap on the ESC and a fan blowing across the wire tabs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.