Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to stop auto payment on paypal for this site

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

NOTE -- I also no longer have the 'tech' symbol under my name... That bites...

NOTE#2 -- I have cancelled this subscription, so it won't happen again, but I still have paid for rights/services, etc. that I don't have...
Same here...the account I am paying for in protest has no status now, it was actually removed.

Ah well...eventually it will become less habit to come here and I'll forget about it after a few months of not using the forum..
Old 06-17-2008, 12:29 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Start Date/Expiry Date

are they dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy ? thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Exclamation

double post, please delete
Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Exclamation Elite Icon & Sig

Well I have been hit for the autorenewal for this site, and paid it almost two weeks ago. This past Saturday I went in to update my sig, and I lost the eleite icon & no longer have access to the elite sig features.

Mods / newowners - can you please look into this and update my account to reflect the Elite that I have paid for, or refund my money
Old 06-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Didn't somebody say we'd never notice that the site changed owners?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i subscribed to get tech-elite logo, well that was oct. of 07 i got it for 2 months. they removed the service around the 1st of jan. 08 but have still been charging my paypal account a 2.99 monthly fee. ampdraw has been the payee on the paypal payment. i have sent dozens of emails asking for an explanation on why the charges but no services. i recieved a 1 email total from a lady named sarah on 3/26/08 asking for the payment reciepts saying i'm not shown as tech elite. i sent all 8 reciepts. i have sent 10-15 emails since then with no reply. but i just got 2.99 deducted from my paypal again about 2 weeks ago, it's like a 2.99 virus i want the tech elite but i think i'm emailing a wall. the new owners don't seem to give a crap about their customers at all.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:27 PM
R/C Tech Founder

On our (Ampdraw's) side, we went through last weekend and manually canceled every subscription we could find that was still active with us. Paypal provides NO way to determine who all is currently subscribed so this was a time consuming and generally annoying process.

As part of it, we also refunded EVERY payment that had been made to us in the past two months.

It's unfortunate that there was not a better way to resolve this, but when we sold the site we did not envision Paypal offering absolutely no customer service to us as far as a mass subscription cancellation.

To those complaining about the automatic billing/renewal: this was clearly stated when you signed up on Paypal's side. Unfortunately very few people (myself included usually) take the time to read the stuff and it comes as a surprise. In hindsight we obviously were not very happy with Paypal's service on this and it turned out to be a poor choice, however at the time we started the program we did not plan on selling the site and were much more hands on with support issues (since we were directly tied to the health of the site).

One other thing to add: we have answered EVERY email that has been sent to one of the support addresses we can check (i.e. anything @ampdraw.com) and have provided every requested refund that we are able to do. If anybody thinks this isn't the case please let us know so we can track it down and take care of it. We stopped having anything to do with the business end of this site at the beginning of the year, so all we are able to do is help you with canceling existing subs to our old address and refunding those.

Hope that clears some stuff up, obviously this is not an ideal situation for everybody, the lesson I've learned is basically, Paypal sucks.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default what the hell here we go again

i subscribed to get tech-elite logo, well that was oct. of 07 i got it for 2 months. they removed the service around the 1st of jan. 08 but have still been charging my paypal account a 2.99 monthly fee. ampdraw has been the payee on the paypal payment. i have sent dozens of emails asking for an explanation on why the charges but no services. i recieved a 1 email total from a lady named sarah on 3/26/08 asking for the payment reciepts saying i'm not shown as tech elite. i sent all 8 reciepts. i have sent 10-15 emails since then with no reply. but i just got 2.99 deducted from my paypal again about 2 weeks ago, it's like a 2.99 virus i want the tech elite but i think i'm emailing a wall. it is now sept. 08 and i am still getting 2.99 deducted from my paypal for the tech-elite by ampdraw. what the hell can be done to stop this crap. besides sending ampdraw a virus. really can anyone help on this matter.