Hard Case Lipo Saddle Pack >

Hard Case Lipo Saddle Pack

Hard Case Lipo Saddle Pack

Old 05-10-2008, 12:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mrplease
where did you hear that they will be coming out with a hard case option soon?
They dont fit!XX-4
Old 05-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I got all my TrakPower stuff from BullDawgRC. Awesome service!

One question...the saddle pack is 1C per side. So that means when I connect the jumper, it's a 2c pack? Just making sure so I can choose 2c on the TrakPower charger. Should I charge at 4.5 or 5.0?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

No, 1c stands for the charging rate IE 4800maH pack charges 1C at 4.8 amps. So you still need to use 1c charge rate.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Cool...thanks for the clarification. Good thing I didn't charge the pack yet, lol.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default lipo

Does trak power make a smaller saddle pack than the 4800? I also have a xx-4 that i'd like to fit a hard case saddle into Chris
Old 05-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I will say,you get what you pay for here.The packs mention here are ok,but the SMC which should be out pretty soon and will be the real deal.That and if Orion finally brings a saddle to market, these will be the batteries to have.I will hold on to my nickels until then.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by garrettsdad
Does trak power make a smaller saddle pack than the 4800? I also have a xx-4 that i'd like to fit a hard case saddle into Chris
Trakpower has a 3200 saddle but it has not been released yet. It is shorter and may fit?

Look on their web site www.trakpower.com

Originally Posted by racenut123
I will say,you get what you pay for here.The packs mention here are ok,but the SMC which should be out pretty soon and will be the real deal.That and if Orion finally brings a saddle to market, these will be the batteries to have.I will hold on to my nickels until then.

I will say, you don't have a clue. Flightpower (Parent of trakpower) uses only the best cells made for their packs (enerland) and have been tops in air packs for years.

No doubt the smc and orion packs will also be good but saying the the trakpowers are just OK shows how much you know!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stallard
Trakpower has a 3200 saddle but it has not been released yet. It is shorter and may fit?

Look on their web site www.trakpower.com

I will say, you don't have a clue. Flightpower (Parent of trakpower) uses only the best cells made for their packs (enerland) and have been tops in air packs for years.

No doubt the smc and orion packs will also be good but saying the the trakpowers are just OK shows how much you know!!!!
I can guarantee,it is you who have know clue.

Its cool.To each their own.I know flightpower has been the popular packs for a long time now in R/C air{I flew for years} but the Enerland cells are not the best on the market.You may think so,but hard data has proven different.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am fairly sure that Trakpower and SMC are the same packs. Not the same company but the same manufacture. Also from what i have heard the SMC is having proplems and hen you send them back to Tower they replace it with a Tracpower.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racenut123
I can guarantee,it is you who have know clue.

Its cool.To each their own.I know flightpower has been the popular packs for a long time now in R/C air{I flew for years} but the Enerland cells are not the best on the market.You may think so,but hard data has proven different.
Yes but they are much better than OK.

Also I seem to have a clue how to properly use No and Know!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

You are correct.Thanks for the speeeeeeling lasen.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrplease
where did you hear that they will be coming out with a hard case option soon?
I asked Rick Hohwart on the Reedy thread.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

i can tell you first hand that the trakpower cells are way above average. i have tried several lipos and thus far....trakpower are right at the top of the list. nobody is pushing you to change from nimh, so don't bash a product if you don't use it. trakpower is coming out with a different saddle that i believe is a 3200 but dimensionally is just slightly different then 4800's. dimensions are 71x47x22mm.

http://www.BulldawgRC.com
Old 05-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Just to clarify,I never pointed out specifically what brand I would personally not buy or recommend.I was not thinking specifically about trackpower in that istance to be honest.But in all honesty,the enerland based packs{trakpower,flightpower,thunder power} cells are just ok across the board.I have seen at least 4 of the trackpower C3PO stick packs deteriorate and eventually stop working in the last 3 months locally.Orions that are over a year old are still holding strong.We have the guy who did all the ROAR testing for Lipo specs and standards local to us.He tests Lipoly batteries for a living for more important applications then radio control.He has tested a wide variety of manufacturers of packs/cells including some who not out yet.I believe his data over anyone else on this message board because he is not selling anything.Anyways take what I am saying for what its worth.Maybe little to some of you.You always get what you pay for.

And no the SMC and Trakpower are not the same cells.

Last edited by racenut123; 05-11-2008 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added to post
Old 05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

racenut123 - Sounds like your talking about Ling-Kang Tong from Fremont, CA... He works in the medical field and tests all kinds of Lithium based battery products and happens to also run ROAR's Li-Poly Battery Test Laboratory. Basically every company that submits LiPo packs for ROAR approval must go through him and his lab...

mrplease - Yes, Rick Hohwart confirmed a hard-cased LiPo pack is in the works and will apparently be released "soon". I think demand and a piece of the market share is what prompted a release of the shrink-wrapped packs.

I haven't heard back from Rick with regard to my follow-up question though... which was if REEDY had sent in their prototype for ROAR approval? The deadline for the 1st round of approvals was on April 1st.... approval then would have been given by May 1st. The next round of approvals calls for packs to be in by October 1st with an updated approval list out by November 1st. I know most Tracks really don't follow ROAR rules but for those who want to purchase the packs to race at ROAR events - like the Nationals at HotRod Hobbies in the L.A. area... will the REEDY packs be considered "Legal"?!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.