Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

is it OK to run the turbo boost of the Xerun 120A using a 10.5T motor?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
is it OK to run the turbo boost of the Xerun 120A using a 10.5T motor?
Yes you can 100% sure .
Old 06-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by warnos
Got a good testing session with the 120a with the 518 software in 21.5 and 17.5.. I think I am going to be converted no more using my Tekin.. The speedie has a little bit more down the straights then the tekin right at the end of the straight.. feels allot smoother and has more punch through the infield... man I can't believe I putting a $250+AUD speedie on the shelf for one that I purchased for under $100AUD off ebay as a backup.. awsome.

I am running no drag brake but the speedie seems to have more natural drag through the corners when compared with the tekin.

There is one problem I found (well not a problem just a diet issue).. far out this speedie is heavy.. on a Cyclone Exotek I had to go down to 4200 batteries from 5000 with 15g weight to be on weight with the tekin rs and had to slide the battery out to its wides setting to keep the car balanced.

Anyone running this speedie without a fan.. I know it states to run a fan when using the new firmware with adjustable timing.. I just thought a 120a might be able to handle 17.5 or 21.5 with the fan removed.

Cheers
There is plenty more going to come out of hobbywing they are on a roll now and they understand what the western world requires from them whenit comes to quality and technology .

Believe it or not Michael from hobbywing had designed the turbo timing software way before any other company but because he wanted it to be perfect and didnt want the motors to run so hot he took his time with testing .
Believe me when i tell you these guys have got it right no more sitting in the shadows of others it's time for them to show the world what they are capable of .

Be on standby for more good news and yes the V3's will be available soon .
Old 06-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Got a good testing session with the 120a with the 518 software in 21.5 and 17.5.. I think I am going to be converted no more using my Tekin.. The speedie has a little bit more down the straights then the tekin right at the end of the straight.. feels allot smoother and has more punch through the infield... man I can't believe I putting a $250+AUD speedie on the shelf for one that I purchased for under $100AUD off ebay as a backup.. awsome.

I am running no drag brake but the speedie seems to have more natural drag through the corners when compared with the tekin.

There is one problem I found (well not a problem just a diet issue).. far out this speedie is heavy.. on a Cyclone Exotek I had to go down to 4200 batteries from 5000 with 15g weight to be on weight with the tekin rs and had to slide the battery out to its wides setting to keep the car balanced.

Anyone running this speedie without a fan.. I know it states to run a fan when using the new firmware with adjustable timing.. I just thought a 120a might be able to handle 17.5 or 21.5 with the fan removed.

Cheers
The new xtreme stock is lighter and smaller .
Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cheers
Run the fan mate, it weighs bugger all compared to the ESC lol, why take the chance.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

I ran a Fan on the ESC Sunday (it was quite hot here in the south of UK). Took the temp down from 58 Degrees C to 36 Degrees C. The motor also dropped in temperature 10 Degress c???? is this a coincidence or does running the ESC cooler mean less heat into the motor?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Do you know what the difference in the V3 will have over the V2 will be? Is the firmware and features going to be the same for both.. or are we looking at getting new ESC's soon to keep up..

Cheers

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
There is plenty more going to come out of hobbywing they are on a roll now and they understand what the western world requires from them whenit comes to quality and technology .

Believe it or not Michael from hobbywing had designed the turbo timing software way before any other company but because he wanted it to be perfect and didnt want the motors to run so hot he took his time with testing .
Believe me when i tell you these guys have got it right no more sitting in the shadows of others it's time for them to show the world what they are capable of .

Be on standby for more good news and yes the V3's will be available soon .
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Rookie

hi all

I've just buy a hobbywing product and arrived less then a week, Ezrun motor brushless combo 9T ESC 35A plus program card from ebay seller.

There is some problem in my product, how can i solve this problem??

for your information, here is some problem:

1. Power of the motor between forward and reverse has different. I think this is something wrong, as i know power of the motor between forward and reverse must same. How could this happen??
2. First installment, the program card has 11 menus(because i used NIMH batteries, if seen on the program card menu will be appear 12 menus if using LIPO batteries) and then after first time installment the menus become 10 (number 11 menus motor rotation has dissapear). How could be happen??

for the first time installment, i was follow all the instruction from the hobbywing manual online and im sure was correct.

with this problem, please kindly help me to solve it.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

wrong post. sorry
Old 06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default hobbywing

the xerun is amazing. Put it in my WGT car which I had my tekin in and was faster. Love the program box but need some help with the drag break. My choices are upto 30 perc than my next choice is 100 percent. How do I add my break for about 60 percent?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdanes
the xerun is amazing. Put it in my WGT car which I had my tekin in and was faster. Love the program box but need some help with the drag break. My choices are upto 30 perc than my next choice is 100 percent. How do I add my break for about 60 percent?
Custom setting via the software.

Once you set it in the software then anytime you select custom in the LCD it will be 60% or whatever you manually put in.

Last edited by g26er; 06-10-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by fnd5500
hi all

I've just buy a hobbywing product and arrived less then a week, Ezrun motor brushless combo 9T ESC 35A plus program card from ebay seller.

There is some problem in my product, how can i solve this problem??

for your information, here is some problem:

1. Power of the motor between forward and reverse has different. I think this is something wrong, as i know power of the motor between forward and reverse must same. How could this happen??
2. First installment, the program card has 11 menus(because i used NIMH batteries, if seen on the program card menu will be appear 12 menus if using LIPO batteries) and then after first time installment the menus become 10 (number 11 menus motor rotation has dissapear). How could be happen??

for the first time installment, i was follow all the instruction from the hobbywing manual online and im sure was correct.

with this problem, please kindly help me to solve it.
I had the older version from about a year ago and I remember that one of the settings is for reverse strength. Use that to adjust the power for reverse. No idea about motor rotation since mine didn't have that option.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DriftMonkeys
question am trying to update the firmware on my xerun i have the v2 lcd program box but now idea on how to use it on pc or were to find the updates on the net ...?

so i need help on were to start ????:
www.hobbywing.com

Look for the LCD program box and there's a link at the bottom to download the latest software. Site is down at the moment.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

I'm running the 60A version without a fan. Its no problem at all with a 10.5!
I cannot believe how smooth this esc is with my 13.5 GM on a tight indoor track. (where you need it!) My Timing punch I turned down to 6 (-5) and everything else is basically maxed out. Its great to be able to use all the power for top end speed without overheating the tires getting there!

Cheers
Old 06-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi
Ive been running 518stock cause I thought it was a little smoother than 422stock.
I was wondering if anyone had tried 528stock yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.