Team TC3

Old 04-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Only some of the drivers seam to think they are better then the rest and act as if they own the place. Shouting at people that are still learning to drive. I feel that this is not the way to improve our hobby.
If it wouldn't violate the boundries of good taste (as well as a few laws), I would describe in detail what exactly should be done with people like that.

"If it's no longer fun, it's no longer a hobby"
Old 04-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default I can understand

Yeah I can understand, I don't see what the deal is though, I mean when I went there the place was dead. If some of those people yelled at me, it would be an instant yell back. I mean especially if I go in there adn explain that I'm new at you know.

Besides not that I think I'm better than anyone but, it's mostly some squat kids whom I wouldn't understand becuase there using dialect or talking zu schnell. Hahah. Sometimes my friend ignorance is bliss.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: I can understand

Originally posted by Committed88
Yeah I can understand, I don't see what the deal is though, I mean when I went there the place was dead. If some of those people yelled at me, it would be an instant yell back. I mean especially if I go in there adn explain that I'm new at you know.

Besides not that I think I'm better than anyone but, it's mostly some squat kids whom I wouldn't understand becuase there using dialect or talking zu schnell. Hahah. Sometimes my friend ignorance is bliss.
I know what you mean

Since i have 11 years of experience i can make their life on the track misserable when they yell at me. What i do is, i tag their cars of the track were they are most likely to break something yelling "interference" and "who is on channel **"
Old 04-17-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default ok I was wrong

Oh man, you were way right, I went there this morning. Is the owner a big fat german with a little mustache? If so that guy was the most arogant jerk I've meet yet. (and that's bad becuase germany is full or arrogance... just an opinion) The other guy who worked the counter or what not smaller turkish looking guy was way cool. All the kids there though thought they where the best thing since Vanilla Ice Cream. Irregardless, the tracks are great, and I think I can grow quiet nicely there. Once I get the TC3 I will go back there and lay down some more rubber. I broke my ESC this morning. Hahah, ran a bump and it fell off (yeah it was full speed, must have gotten a meter of air). Then it crashed into a wall and severed the power wire for the power switch. Not my lucky day I guess.

It's kind of annoying. I went in there thinking I would see some variety, but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE had an Xray, I said Associated and they kind of looked at me funny. No I'm joking, but yeah there was not difference though.

So I guess the only reason why I am going to keep going there is becuase its 2 minutes from my house, and in 4 months I need to be better so I can enter a race back home. Good stomping grounds I say... thanks for the tip!
Old 04-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: ok I was wrong

It's kind of annoying. I went in there thinking I would see some variety, but everyone, and I mean EVERYONE had an Xray, I said Associated and they kind of looked at me funny. No I'm joking, but yeah there was not difference though.
Kind of like asking about corally in some US hobby shops.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Then it crashed into a wall and severed the power wire for the power switch. Not my lucky day I guess.
I had the same thing happen, if the rest of the ESC is still intact, you can cut the on/off switch off completely, hardwire the wires together and just remember that when you plug the battery in, it's on!! It will keep you going until the new one arrives. A cheaper fix is to mail it back to the factory and they will install a new switch cheap. (Oh yeah, maybe you should wait on that until you are in the US, I imagine it's more in S&H over there) And if anyone over in Germany gives you grief, give them three words: WORLD WAR TWO. LOL, Ok maybe not, bad idea, just tell them that their beer sucks!!
Old 04-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you have a small enough suitable soldering iron its fair easy to solder the wires back together, i shortened my switch and reciever connection wires from my speedo using a 18W iron with a very small tip and it worked perfectly, bit of heatshrink and its a fine job. Give it a go if you dont want to spend the money to send the speedo back for a little thing like that.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default haha

I wouldn't say the thing about ww 2, if there is one thing about Germany its that they will never forget that. It's so bad that if a german puts a German flag up at his house he's considered a Nazi by a lot of people. Germany is nothing at all like what they use to be (well almost nothing like... they still have way way too much Buarcracy, however you spell that), to say that now and in this day and age would be like going to America and saying we are all murders becuase of the way some of our ancestors treated slaves. You see what I mean?
I know you meant it is as a joke.. but its not a joke over here... even though i still laugh about it. :-)

The thing with the ESC yeah it was a real bummer... I was cruising along lost control jumped a curb, and bamm. Normally when that happens I just drive away, but I notice the steering servo didn't straighten out again and new the power was gone.

Yeah I am going to be getting the TC3 real soon, so I am going to just hold out until I get the new ESC for it. A nice 8t one, with a nice 8t Orion Revo.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Comitted88- You're right, bad joke, stick with the beer thing, though!! You will enjoy the TC3, I know I have. As for the Orion Revo, I have been drooling over getting one for a while, they look and sound (from the reviews), I don't know what ESC you use, but I have never had a problem with the Novak GT7 I put in and I run with a 9t dbl. Good luck!!!
Old 04-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

So I guess the only reason why I am going to keep going there is becuase its 2 minutes from my house, and in 4 months I need to be better so I can enter a race back home. Good stomping grounds I say... thanks for the tip!
If you are there and see this color scheme on a car, thats me.
The girl is not me tough

Come up to me and have a talk. I do speak English and am not German
Attached Thumbnails Team TC3-mvc-172f.jpg  
Old 04-18-2004, 05:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Can do....

Haha, trust me if I am there, you will know. I stick out like a sore thumb. Nice ride... hopefully when i see you again, I will have my Team TC3 ready to go. Look for this car... if you wish to find me... or if for some reason I'm not sticking out that day. BTW I didn't paint that one, but it was free, and since they don't make Mini Frames and more and I'm a VW fan, this is cool. (also in that pic the foam bumper hadn't been trimmed yet and neither had the body posts....)

Hey Java, I know what you meant, thanks for the words on the TC3. So you know I was planning on getting a Duratrax for the ESC, as I have, well had a Duratrax Blast, and it did real good. I want to get into racing though, but I want an ESC with Reverse, if they say I must have one without (even if it has a way to disable reverse) I will jsut buy another one. I just don't like when I am messing around though, and I hit something having to go over and pick it up... so until I turn pro... hahah... I'm going to try and stick to Reversing ESC... and good one that aren't overly expensive... the Duratrax one that I want is only $69 and is an 8T one... so if you can beat that, holla at me!
Attached Thumbnails Team TC3-bugride.jpg